Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing Bag?

DMBCML
DMBCML
✭✭✭
Has there been any discussion about when/if a furnishing bag like the crafting bags will be implemented to make housing easier? I haven't been buying houses lately because of the storage issue. I'd like a bag where all unused items will be available to me in every house so that I can easily decorate and know what I have available. Right now I have been using my Coldharbour house as a storage place instead of decorating it. lol.. stuff just hanging around in there.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a while since this was discussed, but ZOS said it wasn't planned and/or possible because there was a lot more variety in furniture than there was in materials.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They discussed the reasons for not doing a furnishing bag on ESO Live on April 26, 2019. Housing Section starts at 17:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiL5MzzniD4
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    That really sucks. It isn't that hard. Since housing is instanced, they could do it. If that's a problem, they could make the storage chests limitless.
  • Alkapton
    Alkapton
    ✭✭✭
    We sort of have furnishing bags now - sort of. If what you want is a place to dump furnishings you are not yet using, that will be available in all your houses then furnishing chests do just that. 4 big chests and 4 small chests. Place them in house whatever is in them is in all houses that have that chest. Only difference with what you are asking for is you can put other stuff in them as well.
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    Alkapton wrote: »
    We sort of have furnishing bags now - sort of. If what you want is a place to dump furnishings you are not yet using, that will be available in all your houses then furnishing chests do just that. 4 big chests and 4 small chests. Place them in house whatever is in them is in all houses that have that chest. Only difference with what you are asking for is you can put other stuff in them as well.

Yes, but they are quite limited in the number of items they can store. Make them unlimited.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DMBCML wrote: »
    That really sucks. It isn't that hard. Since housing is instanced, they could do it. If that's a problem, they could make the storage chests limitless.

What "isn't that hard"? What knowledge do you have of their codebase to say that a performant implementation "isn't that hard?

Since you seem to be in the know, can you clarify how they currently store chest inventories?
  • Alkapton
    Alkapton
    ✭✭✭
    What would be more to the point is the ability to deconstruct furniture.
    As in real life when we start out we just get what is available. We get our first house and are happy to decorate it with cheap tat. After a while we get experienced and can replace the tat with beautiful works of art and ornately crafted furniture. So we end up with a load of crap not worth selling in guilds. Too often I just end up destroying stuff I know I'll never use again.

Let us deconstruct furniture so we at least get something back, a mundane rune or some wax, or something.

Another enhancement to crafting would be the ability to dye certain items like fabrics or 'paint' some stonework.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As in real life when we start out we just get what is available. We get our first house and are happy to decorate it with cheap tat. After a while we get experienced and can replace the tat with beautiful works of art and ornately crafted furniture. So we end up with a load of crap not worth selling in guilds. Too often I just end up destroying stuff I know I'll never use again.

Let us deconstruct furniture so we at least get something back, a mundane rune or some wax, or something.

Another enhancement to crafting would be the ability to dye certain items like fabrics or 'paint' some stonework.

Considering the cost of some mats, decon would be great.
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

What "isn't that hard"? What knowledge do you have of their codebase to say that a performant implementation "isn't that hard?

Since you seem to be in the know, can you clarify how they currently store chest inventories?

lol.. I know that if they can manage a system of guild traders that can encompass thousands of players and all salable items, and they can make a limitless crafting bag, they can certainly handle some code to increase the ability of the chests to hold more than 30 items. The like items don't even stack in your bag or bank. Making like items stack would certainly be helpful. This is the only game this has been an issue for me.
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭

This is all true! And I need stuff, so if you are going to get rid of it, send it my way :) my @dmbcml .
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol.. I know that if they can manage a system of guild traders that can encompass thousands of players and all salable items, and they can make a limitless crafting bag, they can certainly handle some code to increase the ability of the chests to hold more than 30 items. The like items don't even stack in your bag or bank. Making like items stack would certainly be helpful. This is the only game this has been an issue for me.

What "like" items are you talking about not stacking? If I craft or purchase multiple copies of a furnishing they stack. The same for Crown store items. I even checked my bank and don't see any non-stacked duplicates. The only item I can think of that might not stack are crafting stations but I don't have more than one of each banked.
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭

What "like" items are you talking about not stacking? If I craft or purchase multiple copies of a furnishing they stack. The same for Crown store items. I even checked my bank and don't see any non-stacked duplicates. The only item I can think of that might not stack are crafting stations but I don't have more than one of each banked.

Thank you for noticing. I will look to see what it was that upset me that didn't stack. But, since this post I noticed that recipes weren't stacking even when I tried to stack them. I think there is some flaw or bug going on.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you for noticing. I will look to see what it was that upset me that didn't stack. But, since this post I noticed that recipes weren't stacking even when I tried to stack them. I think there is some flaw or bug going on.

I have noticed sometimes when adding items to the bank that even though I already have a slot for them, the slots used seems to increment anyway. There is no option to stack items in the bank like you can in your inventory, but I believe the next time I go to the bank it has done that stacking operation and the number of slots is decremented.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There is a stacking bug.

You can put items, like recipes, in the bank and they don't always automatically stack.

Even if you hit Stack, they still don't.

You have to go through them manually, checking and stacking them yourself.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 19, 2020 7:02AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

There is a stacking bug.

You can put items, like recipes, in the bank and they don't always automatically stack.

That is either a PC option only or something in one of your add-ons. No option to stack on PS4 that I know of, at least.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    add rental storage units that charges in game gold so you can temporarily store furniture

and if you forget to pay we can hold an auction on your stuff on the weekends like the other weekend events the golden merchant and luxury vendor and we'll call it Storage Wars ESO Edition and have Pacrooti be the officiant :D .
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

There is a stacking bug.

That is either a PC option only or something in one of your add-ons. No option to stack on PS4 that I know of, at least.

Pretty sure it's not an addon, as think it's always been there, even before I got any addons.

I'm on PC, yes.

"Stack All Items" appears at the bottom of the screen, when you open your bag, or the bank.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i so agree with this. I wish they would allow us to decon furniture.

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez