Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Success with Stamsorc solo queuing in high MMR

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm looking for suggestions.

In previous metas, I succeeded with my Stam sorc solo queuing in high MMR BGs with a build that emphasized the stamsorc's high mobility and burst potential while having low resistances and recovery.

Lately however, it has felt like there is too much healing for my burst to consistently secure kills, or if I get caught in a burst from another player, this patch's heightened focus on direct damage takes me out before I can save myself with my mobility.

So I've been banging my head against the wall over the past week trying different things out on my Stamsorc. While I've managed noticeable improvement over it's previous build, I still feel like my stamplar, stamden, and Stam DK all outperform my Stamsorc.

Is that just how things are this meta? Or does anyone have any suggestions on how to set up my stamsorc to compete on or near the same level as other stam classes in solo queue high mmr BGs?
Edited by MurderMostFoul on January 16, 2020 1:24PM
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you PC-NA? I’d say the best stamsorcs are Mystikkal and Speedkills. I think speedkills posted their spec somewhere on the forums, I’d look and see if you can dig it up.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way to play a StamSorc is to delete and roll a StamWarden.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Are you PC-NA? I’d say the best stamsorcs are Mystikkal and Speedkills. I think speedkills posted their spec somewhere on the forums, I’d look and see if you can dig it up.

Xbox NA
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Thanks, found it here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6497729

Unfortunately, it requires BRP-DW, which I have yet to acquire. Those two pieces provide so much defense. They really open up a lot of options for Stam builds, especially in no-cp
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get BRP DW and you'll be carried as well, that's all your opponents will be doing.

30% flat mit on top of 25% aoe mit is the biggest joke in this game at the minute.

They nerfed Magicka 5 set bonuses that done roughly the same thing, slapped it on a 2 piece exclusive to stam, coupled it with 25% AOE mitigation and made sure it doesn't require anyone to activate it, other than yourself so is applied to all targets, instantly.

Though, I wouldn't get too comfortable using it, because the nerf will come and when it does, you're going to see the amount of people that relied on it and have been carried through this patch - Particularly the influx of bot Stamplars because of the extra healing/cleansing etc;
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    Though, I wouldn't get too comfortable using it, because the nerf will come and when it does, you're going to see the amount of people that relied on it and have been carried through this patch - Particularly the influx of bot Stamplars because of the extra healing/cleansing etc;

I guess we should find out soon (TM).
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have a stam Warden already levelled.

There's your answer.
    PC EU
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's your answer.

It's no secret that Stamden is strong this patch, but is Stamsorc weak in no-cp? My experience supports that conclusion, but is that the overall impression?

I hadn't seen much buzz about problems with Stamsorc this patch, so I didn't want to assume my issues with them were being felt by the community at large. But if they are indeed weak this patch, I can stop fretting over trying to improve my stamsorc's performance
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could try an azure blight build. The AOE burst of that proc set is pretty strong in crowded high mmr brawls. Only problem is that a lot of DOTs are underperforming right now. I'm pretty sure that ZOS will buff them next patch, but lets hope by a reasonable amount this time.
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's your answer.

It's no secret that Stamden is strong this patch, but is Stamsorc weak in no-cp? My experience supports that conclusion, but is that the overall impression?

I hadn't seen much buzz about problems with Stamsorc this patch, so I didn't want to assume my issues with them were being felt by the community at large. But if they are indeed weak this patch, I can stop fretting over trying to improve my stamsorc's performance

In no-cp, you could just build to be more bursty - That way you should be fine just doing this patchs stam 3 button rotation on people for the KO.

Dizzy -> Ult(2h for you) -> Executioner, obviously with hurricane etc up being a pain.

Stam Sorcs are decent in duels, no reason why they'd suck in no-CP and if Xbox NA is anything like EU, big burst will reign supreme in no-CP so you shouldn't have any issues.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's your answer.

In no-cp, you could just build to be more bursty - That way you should be fine just doing this patchs stam 3 button rotation on people for the KO.

Dizzy -> Ult(2h for you) -> Executioner, obviously with hurricane etc up being a pain.

Stam Sorcs are decent in duels, no reason why they'd suck in no-CP and if Xbox NA is anything like EU, big burst will reign supreme in no-CP so you shouldn't have any issues.

Lol you were right, after so many iterations of trying to add more defense without sacrifice much offense, the actual solution was to take my original mobile-bursty build and ADD MORE DAMAGE.

I probably, no definitely, was overthinking it.

Thanks for the help.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There's your answer.

Lol you were right, after so many iterations of trying to add more defense without sacrifice much offense, the actual solution was to take my original mobile-bursty build and ADD MORE DAMAGE.

I probably, no definitely, was overthinking it.

Thanks for the help.

More pure stats yea. There was a nerf the tanky meta threads for a bit, until people tried pure max stats I think.

With healing being higher it lets you strip out using a defensive set and go pure stats, taking advantage of the increased healing and damage. No need for more then a defensive monster imo.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried waiting for everyone else to damage eachother into execute range before going in spinning, then streak away?
    PCNA

• Amksed1991
    Amksed1991
    ✭✭✭
    I've been having a lot of fun with :
    Hundings Rage x5 Heavy
    Cowards Gear x5 Jewelry / Weapons
    Pirate Skeleton x1 Medium
    Mighty Chudan x1 Medium
    Stinging Slashes Axes x2 Backbar w/ Dual Poison

5-6K WD, 45% Dmg Reduction Resists, Super super mobile with Cowards and Streak.

Would switch out Hundings for New Moon but I'm broke atm and I already had Hundings made from back in the day.
    Edited by Amksed1991 on January 21, 2020 9:51PM
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amksed1991 wrote: »
    Hundings Rage x5 Heavy
    Mighty Chudan x1 Medium

5-6K WD, 45K+ Resists, Super super mobile with Cowards and Streak.

Would switch out Hundings for New Moon but I'm broke atm and I already had Hundings made from back in the day.

Pretty sure this build can not hit 6k WD and 45k+ resists lol, bad info.
    PCNA

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »
    Hundings Rage x5 Heavy
    Mighty Chudan x1 Medium

Yeah definitely a stretch, especially in NoCP/BGs
  • Amksed1991
    Amksed1991
    ✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »
    Hundings Rage x5 Heavy
    Mighty Chudan x1 Medium

Sorry, typed this late last night. Edited OP for what I actually meant.

Also, it's super easy to hit 5-6K WD on a StamSorc. They have access to so many Weapon Damage % modifiers.