Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

motifs restrictions?

TassenAruhn
I've heard that to learn Ancient Elf motif, you need to have 8 rank in all 3 main crafts. Is it correct? And I also want to ask about the terms of daedric and barbaric motifs.
Edited by TassenAruhn on April 13, 2014 12:45AM
  • TassenAruhn
    question remains
  • Emberheart
    Sounds like a myth.
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    question remains

Not everyone checks the forums and answers all questions in an hour, show some patience.

I don't rightly know if there is prerequisites but it smells like ***.

"Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm I have not heard of this but in general it wouldn't be an issue I would think.

By the time most players get there hands on any of those motifs they are probably above level 30 and if you have been deconstructing weapons and armor then lvl8 in wood, clothing and BS should be no problem.

It would be interesting to find out for sure though...
  • zydrateanatomy
    I'm 21 with ranks 8 to 10 in my main crafting. (Even though there's nothing in woodworking I need, it might help my future alts).
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was VR1 with around 28-31 in blacksmith/clothier/woodworking when I found a primal motif, and did not notice any requirements attached to the tooltip stating as such, nor have I noticed them for any of the other 11-14 motif books that people link in zone chat to sell.