The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What if: The Elder Scrolls games were a literal Story being told.

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I came up with a hypothetical head canon that would be a really neat way to finalize the franchise one day.

What if, every Elder Scrolls game and it's main storyline, ended up being this elaborate story, or Opera having been told in a Theater in a modern day Imperial City? Think about it for a second, tales of Magic and Dragons, other worldly Gods and evil Daedra, the Hero of Kvatch, the Dragonborn, the Vestige, fantastical creatures and Ancient Lore like the sinking of Yokuda, all told as a multi-part Opera to patrons out on a Sundas night.

My only catch is I'd wish the Elves, Khajiit, and Argonians to still be existing Races cohabiting Tamriel with Humans. If sufficient time had passed to allow civilization to modernize I wouldn't want the Beast Races to have gone through an extinction so they too fell into myth and legend.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intersting thoughts there, mate. Kind of a dream of afterlife ;).. I've asked myself a similar question when the concept of the Prisoner was introduced. Today Sotha Sil seems to be the only one who assumes something's out there. Personally I think the lore might give us the answer through that concept sometimes. "Omikron: The Nomad Soul" has already shown us how could it ever be though they've started their story with it instead of ending it with it. Anyway, whatever way they choose, I hope they won't destroy everything like it happened to the Terminator 1&2, to the Star Wars canon universe, to Enroth (and thus to my Jadame! It's Might & Magic universe), to all the emotions and experience we have been receiving these 26 years. Though I think it's hard to ruin TES lore concept, curved hands can remove mountains.

Though I also understand it is hard to tell the youth all the history of the ~40 years old Star Wars canon, I'd prefer that story just ended with no conclusion instead of being almost totally rewritten as it is. But we age and the business has to win the minds of the young who have no time and will to read all those books, to play those old games like the "Star Wars: Dark Forces", to study all that lore from it's beginning but will become the active majority while we'll be leaving. In some decades nobody will ever remember who Kyle Katarn was. The simpliest way to keep earning money on a franchise in this situation is to restart it, leaving the old canon back as "legends". Nobody will put in claim those money they spent in youth to watch the Terminator 1&2 movies because of the recent movies those events have never happened. Well, it's the entertainment sphere, thus it might be uncomfortable to know all your franchise experience devalued, but not that horrific. Youth is a disadvantage that passes quickly ;).. Lucky are those who will not witness their world destroyed, brave are those who will face it. Sorry for this lyrical digression.
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on January 15, 2020 10:19PM
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well canon is that the TES universe is just the dream of one being called the Godhead. So it's maybe not so much a story but just a dream and its possible unfoldings.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vestahls wrote: »
    Well canon is that the TES universe is just the dream of one being called the Godhead. So it's maybe not so much a story but just a dream and its possible unfoldings.

The Godhead theory is just that, a Theory within the canon Lore, not canon itself.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Sinlar
    Sinlar
    ✭✭✭
    To quote the Whitestrake.

"Like when the dream no longer needs it's dreamer."
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

The Godhead theory is just that, a Theory within the canon Lore, not canon itself.

He is right! Everything in ES and ESO is apart of the Dreamers Dream. The player (you and me) get to experience the Dream.

Yes the Dreamer is canon. If pelinal whitestrake mentions the Dreamer its canon. After all pelinal is the physical incarnate lorkhan, who understands his role in the Dream.
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinlar wrote: »

He is right! Everything in ES and ESO is apart of the Dreamers Dream. The player (you and me) get to experience the Dream.

Yes the Dreamer is canon. If pelinal whitestrake mentions the Dreamer its canon. After all pelinal is the physical incarnate lorkhan, who understands his role in the Dream.

I think this is you who might be wrong here, guys, not @ArchMikem. That phrase "Like when the dream no longer needs it's dreamer." is a qoute from The Song of Pelinal Volume 6 taken from the so-called Reman Manuscript located in the Imperial Library. It is a transcription of older fragments collected by an unknown scholar of the early Second Era, while Pelinal lived in the early First one. Do we believe that very phrase could make it through those ~3000 years? I doubt it.

What he has truly said is: "Your prayers have woken me from my endless dream. Or perhaps you have entered my dream, and I still sleep." - the phrase he speaks in TES IV Oblivion. It does not state anything about the world being a dream.

As far as I remember, Godhead officialy was mentioned in this in-game book only. But I think it is unwise to make that dreaming theory based on those several book lines. If you have any other canon source on that dreaming theory, please share it, I'd personally be grateful. Until then I think @ArchMikem is right.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinlar wrote: »

I think this is you who might be wrong here, guys, not @ArchMikem. That phrase "Like when the dream no longer needs it's dreamer." is a qoute from The Song of Pelinal Volume 6 taken from the so-called Reman Manuscript located in the Imperial Library. It is a transcription of older fragments collected by an unknown scholar of the early Second Era, while Pelinal lived in the early First one. Do we believe that very phrase could make it through those ~3000 years? I doubt it.

What he has truly said is: "Your prayers have woken me from my endless dream. Or perhaps you have entered my dream, and I still sleep." - the phrase he speaks in TES IV Oblivion. It does not state anything about the world being a dream.

As far as I remember, Godhead officialy was mentioned in this in-game book only. But I think it is unwise to make that dreaming theory based on those several book lines. If you have any other canon source on that dreaming theory, please share it, I'd personally be grateful. Until then I think @ArchMikem is right.

My response had nothing to do with sinlar. It was the one above.

Pelinal and other characters in lore books have mentioned/discussions about the dreamer.