The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DK chains. Wow

DUTCH_REAPER
DUTCH_REAPER
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS can you please fix this skill. I can lotus fan into a player with no problem on my blade Regardless of an obstacle like a fence or a pebble. But for some reason chains DOES not work a majority of the time. Pretty please fix it. Thank you boo.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC immunity is a thing :p
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He is talking about Empowering Chains which operate as a standard gap-closer (hence comparison to Lotus Fan) and work regardless of CC immunity.

The problem was that the other morph of chains allowed DKs to pull players off keep walls and ZOS in their endless stupidity (I'm not even going to soften that one) decided that unless you are at the exactly the same (like seriously, EXACTLY THE SAME) elevation as your target the skill will not work. Why was that rule applied to Empowering Chains (and why was the solution so stupid in general) is a mystery to this day.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

He is talking about Empowering Chains which operate as a standard gap-closer (hence comparison to Lotus Fan) and work regardless of CC immunity.

The problem was that the other morph of chains allowed DKs to pull players off keep walls and ZOS in their endless stupidity (I'm not even going to soften that one) decided that unless you are at the exactly the same (like seriously, EXACTLY THE SAME) elevation as your target the skill will not work. Why was that rule applied to Empowering Chains (and why was the solution so stupid in general) is a mystery to this day.

forum cried a lot when DK was able to pull people off the wall.

i seriously think they should be able to. simply reduce the distance a bit so it's not OP, but it should work on any elevation.

BUT, empowering chain, i agree, should NOT work on all elevation.

I love my DK but i think being able to jump into a keep with full health wall is a bit OP..................

remember the years wher DK leap can work on different elevation too? yeah.....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

i seriously think they should be able to. simply reduce the distance a bit so it's not OP, but it should work on any elevation.

I love my DK but i think being able to jump into a keep with full health wall is a bit OP..................

Those were the good old days, when you and a squadron of dks could jump walls. I loved both defending against them and being one of them. Gave another element to sieges than what we have now.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sometimes it still does and it glorious to leap up onto a rock where some bowtard or Wrath spammer thinks they are safe.

Then there's the 90% of the time when you try to leap 5 or 6 times in a row and you get the sound effect and... nothing.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those were the good old days, when you and a squadron of dks could jump walls. I loved both defending against them and being one of them. Gave another element to sieges than what we have now.

yup.

them are the Emperor DK days.

those folks brought 1vX to a whole new meaning.

i was one of the squadron and it was helluva fun, even when im on the defending party. the constant worry that a DK can leap anywhere or pull you down, so u dont get too close to the edge..... those were dark days for bowtards lol
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Sometimes it still does...

oh really? where?

asking for a *cough* friend..............
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have an ultimate without a cast time, you dare expect to have decent class abilities? :trollface:
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expectations set too high with hoping abilities work as intended I see lol
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then ZOS ruled that bypassing the need to siege by getting inside with Leap or nightblade ambush is an exploit, so those days are mostly over.
  • Axx_Xa
    Axx_Xa
    ✭✭✭
    Teleportation vs Throwing a Physical object.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then ZOS ruled that bypassing the need to siege by getting inside with Leap or nightblade ambush is an exploit, so those days are mostly over.

Yep.

I remember a guild mate calling it the "Spiderman-chain". Funny thing indeed.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sometimes it still does...

oh really? where?

asking for a *cough* friend..............

There are a few spots around Chal mine and southern parts of Bleakers that attract bowtards, javelin spammers and Wrath spammers that ALSO happen to work with Leap.

And you actually feel like you Dragon LEPT your target who usually is smugly certain they have a safe perch.

What I really don't understand is why it's less likely to successfully to Leap down?
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It should also give a short cc immunity window since its super buggy (like all other gap closers) when someone places a CC on you and you are traveling towards the player. Wait, ZOS can only do things like that for cloak :D
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back leaping into keeps and bring back pulling people off walls.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kelces wrote: »

Yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGHpzGIaSe0
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these wonderful pre 1.5 DK abilities. It was Glorious I tell you. Glorious.
    Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on January 3, 2020 6:07PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Yep.

oh yes.......
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep.

LOVED that video, brought back so many memories.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was a fun game... now it's just a meme

edit: I could accept every single bad passive in the DK arsenal if the class would have back its good active skills and not the watered-down versions ZoS has given us these last years
    Edited by Xvorg on January 6, 2020 4:16PM

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a fun game... now it's just a meme

edit: I could accept every single bad passive in the DK arsenal if the class would have back its good active skills and not the watered-down versions ZoS has given us these last years

the challenge is, DK is not unworkable.

today, in live server, DK can still enjoy the game, fight toe-to-toe with another class, be tanky, be bursty, be productive PvE and PvP.

what non-DK players don't realize is, DK used to be a lot better (not necessarily stronger), easier to play, way more flexible, a lot more fun, and overall a solid class compared to others.

now, we got gimped skills, unused useless skills, broken passives, and a *** flying fire-poop fist to add salt to the injury.

but hey, we make do. we use weapon skills, we use guild skills, we build THICC, we rely on gears.... whatever. it works.

it works, but it's.... it's not healthy man.

Like, cars. We used to be the Jaguar of the Auto world. solid, high performance, a real piece of work with unique identity. Then it got bought by Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily), then bought by an Indian company so they can build their own "Jaguar-like" cars, while it's left to its own demise, milking money from biased fans of the brand............ (in ESO case, from Skyrim-players who wants "dragon" in the name of their class)
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    what non-DK players don't realize is, DK used to be a lot better (not necessarily stronger), easier to play, way more flexible, a lot more fun, and overall a solid class compared to others.

I'm not sure about *easier* per se, but it was more definitely more fun and flexible. Remember magDK heavy attack gank builds? Sustain builds where you actually wore down your opponent? Suicide by leaping into a keep but having a blast for a couple of minutes? Tossing a Frag back into that sorc's face giving you time to get in close to them? Eating rolly polly nightblades with your undodgable Whip as a dragon snack, but a magplar was an immovable rock?

Instead we now have skills like Molten Whip with Seething Fury that means you have to use 4 (pretty expensive) Ardent Flame skills within 5 seconds to get a proc. That and Poop Rock which has a similar setup requirement for the few stam brethren left that aren't Fury tanks.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure about *easier* per se, but it was more definitely more fun and flexible. Remember magDK heavy attack gank builds? Sustain builds where you actually wore down your opponent? Suicide by leaping into a keep but having a blast for a couple of minutes? Tossing a Frag back into that sorc's face giving you time to get in close to them? Eating rolly polly nightblades with your undodgable Whip as a dragon snack, but a magplar was an immovable rock?

Instead we now have skills like Molten Whip with Seething Fury that means you have to use 4 (pretty expensive) Ardent Flame skills within 5 seconds to get a proc. That and Poop Rock which has a similar setup requirement for the few stam brethren left that aren't Fury tanks.

amen to that.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magleblade and mDK were the funniest classes to play Imho. You were able to buy anything with them, from a tank to a healer, to a 1 hit dmg dealer. Currently both classes are quite different from what they used to be.

On the other hand, mSorc is still played almost the same. Magplar quite similar (though healer magplar is not what it used to be)...

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have an ultimate without a cast time, you dare expect to have decent class abilities? :trollface:

Actually, Leap is definitely not without a cast time.. The game is so broken and laggy right now, that it ALWAYS takes me 1s to cast Leap, always!
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nostalgia for the good days as magdk aside, this skill is indeed broken. A slight elevation is enogh to prevent it from working.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually, Leap is definitely not without a cast time.. The game is so broken and laggy right now, that it ALWAYS takes me 1s to cast Leap, always!

d.swing takes up to 4-5 seconds to even start casting on a saturday evening.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If I made a build to specifically use poop rock, it would be a fury tank with SnB, and probably fossilize or turn undead with it cause I need a way to actually land the stupid thing without it getting blocked, dodged, cloaked, reflected or absorbed.

Funny cause you would expect an instant cast spammable to be good on medium armor builds but no. Its not.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 7, 2020 12:25PM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just came back from a four month break. Looks like I'm seeing the same garbage. DK chains and leap still buggy. And I see that now a DK has ABSOLUTELY NO class skills that are truly ranged? Nothing reaches up to 28 meters?
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the range limitation in which you need chains to gap close is a problem due to its buggy ness. It’s not reliable. And that’s a shame.