The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamblade Meta

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it awkward that using invisibility and surprise attack gives stun and off balance while you often need ambush first on a moving target which gives vulnerability and will stun from the flank while invisible, and you going to use fear/turn evil as well?

From st as m perspective I'd just reduce the awkward overlap.

Should remove the stun from surprise attack and make it off balance without being invisible. Even if from the flank was a requirement.

Cast times should be removed from all ultimates. For NB, the silence should be just removed from it and make defile baseline. The magicka damage morph now gives ultimate and the stam morph gives recovery.

So far just alight tweaks that more make sense rather than power increase but for slight buff, think major resolve and ward should last longer. Maybe even change that passive to minor protection and move resolve/ward to grim focus in stead of the defense buff so really sacrificing extra defense there, to make room to maybe do something like have the bow fire when it procs 5 to save the GCD and opportunity cost.

As a templar main, who plays sNB, I dont feel like I am buffing the class but rather shuffling to give it things other classes have and to be more fluid. Just my opinions. Magblade sounds like they need more.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I find it awkward that using invisibility and surprise attack gives stun and off balance while you often need ambush first on a moving target which gives vulnerability and will stun from the flank while invisible, and you going to use fear/turn evil as well?

From st as m perspective I'd just reduce the awkward overlap.

Should remove the stun from surprise attack and make it off balance without being invisible. Even if from the flank was a requirement.

Cast times should be removed from all ultimates. For NB, the silence should be just removed from it and make defile baseline. The magicka damage morph now gives ultimate and the stam morph gives recovery.

So far just alight tweaks that more make sense rather than power increase but for slight buff, think major resolve and ward should last longer. Maybe even change that passive to minor protection and move resolve/ward to grim focus in stead of the defense buff so really sacrificing extra defense there, to make room to maybe do something like have the bow fire when it procs 5 to save the GCD and opportunity cost.

As a templar main, who plays sNB, I dont feel like I am buffing the class but rather shuffling to give it things other classes have and to be more fluid. Just my opinions. Magblade sounds like they need more.

Not a fan if your suggestions.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    something i tried today that worked out really well is shieldbreaker + spriggans. hits as good as nma but without sustain issues.
    and the magsorcs seem to die alot quicker too.

• JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Affliction chest/legs and 3 jewelry full infused wd, NMA maul (Nirn or Sharp) with double dot poisons, master bow bloodspawn and use Soul Harvest over Incap thank me later.
    Edited by JinxxND on January 2, 2020 8:59AM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    something i tried today that worked out really well is shieldbreaker + spriggans. hits as good as nma but without sustain issues.

I use this for bgs
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »
    Affliction chest/legs and 3 jewelry full infused wd, NMA maul (Nirn or Sharp) with double dot poisons, master bow bloodspawn and use Soul Harvest over Incap thank me later.

hadn't thought of affliction... do you think spriggans could work instead of NMA? I'm just too lazy to craft myself medium nma.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would but NMA gives more damage and spell pen to boost the damage on Soul Harvest to make it hit like Incap and is min maxed for this patch. Makes it viable for CP as well with the damage it puts out as well as being able to put points back into befoul in this healing meta to get pressure.
    Edited by JinxxND on January 3, 2020 12:30AM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know tons of people swear by Shieldbreaker, but I swear my set is broken or something.
    Because from my personal experience, fighting mag sorcs with or without the set seems very much the same.

Even when I upped the blue CP tree for extra damage against shield users, (can't think of the name of the CP node off the top of my head) I still didn't seem to be hitting shield users any harder.

Nice little damage buff to other players, sure...but couldn't tell a difference fighting someone with shields...🤷‍♂️
    Edited by Kel on January 3, 2020 2:53AM
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »
    It would but NMA gives more damage and spell pen to boost the damage on Soul Harvest to make it hit like Incap and is min maxed for this patch. Makes it viable for CP as well with the damage it puts out as well as being able to put points back into befoul in this healing meta to get pressure.

hmm okay you're convincing me to just bite the bullet and craft it up. thanks for the suggestion
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade is still decent class. U cant one shot player like before, but it is still valiable for Pvp. I can imagine some minnor changes like reduce cast time on incap to 0.2s, because 0,4 is too long for Nb. SA should remove more then 5% of Armor.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade is still decent class. U cant one shot player like before, but it is still valiable for Pvp. I can imagine some minnor changes like reduce cast time on incap to 0.2s, because 0,4 is too long for Nb. SA should remove more then 5% of Armor.

Its not the duration of cast times on ultimates IMO. It's how it makes them not want to go off at all in lag situations. Wouldn't hardly notice outside of block cancel as it is otherwise.
    Edited by technohic on January 3, 2020 4:30PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not THAT bad but it could use a snare, and the heal on the bow proc seems weird. Would rather have it add pressure somehow. Still fun to play as it has the shadow image and cloak utility. If only lag wasnt do bad. Really can impact the use of active defenses.

at least you have vigor... magblades on the other hand...

In fact, one of the funniest classes I've ever played is melee magblade... but currently it is not possible to do anything decent with it
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    It's not THAT bad but it could use a snare, and the heal on the bow proc seems weird. Would rather have it add pressure somehow. Still fun to play as it has the shadow image and cloak utility. If only lag wasnt do bad. Really can impact the use of active defenses.

In fact, one of the funniest classes I've ever played is melee magblade... but currently it is not possible to do anything decent with it

About 2 or 3 years ago; I wanted to play magblade more and I never liked the heals. It was even popular at the time though because it was before they nerfed cripple and swallow soul; I just did not like the feeling of the weave of swallow soul which really gave it the healing and melee magblade was already rough without them taking the major expedition off cripple.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

About 2 or 3 years ago; I wanted to play magblade more and I never liked the heals. It was even popular at the time though because it was before they nerfed cripple and swallow soul; I just did not like the feeling of the weave of swallow soul which really gave it the healing and melee magblade was already rough without them taking the major expedition off cripple.

It’s a lot of fun, but self healing is rough. Even as a healer if I’m in say a chaosball game keeping yourself alive for long with the ball is next to impossible.

Patch time’s coming up and will likely be up soon. Some new magblades on the forums telling everyone the class is fine, it’s a L2P issue, and they’ve been playing magblade for years. Take from that what you will, especially when they say cloak makes you ‘invincible to damage’.

People sure love to hate on NBs.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My current meta is fun

https://youtu.be/sy3oPUm1Xi8
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Stamblade is fine in competent hands. Still a very strong class. Use the same meta sets as every other stamina class is using.

Excuse me sir, the current stamina meta is fury/nma. Fury is entirely counterproductive to the playstyle of stamblade. The only reason 7th legion was viable was due to its healing (that paired well with dark cloak) and constant uptime. That is why with the current rework of 7th legion, dark cloak blade is now no more as opposed to simply being a swap to fury set from 7th legion. Like jeezee if it's a post about NB I guess there will always be some ignoramus complainer in the midst.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    My current meta is fun

You don't play on pc. Your opinions are irrelevant. Swap to PC or be forever considered a scrub.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love nightblade threads, Rogues are always crazy min-maxers.

It’s never ‘This set has these advantages and disadvantages’ it’s ‘this set is .000002% better, so you’re a scrub, L2P and your mother’s ugly’. They never fail to disappoint and are always entertaining.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 5, 2020 7:36PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »
    Stamblade is fine in competent hands. Still a very strong class. Use the same meta sets as every other stamina class is using.

Excuse me sir, the current stamina meta is fury/nma. Fury is entirely counterproductive to the playstyle of stamblade. The only reason 7th legion was viable was due to its healing (that paired well with dark cloak) and constant uptime. That is why with the current rework of 7th legion, dark cloak blade is now no more as opposed to simply being a swap to fury set from 7th legion. Like jeezee if it's a post about NB I guess there will always be some ignoramus complainer in the midst.

Truth, spriggans, bone pirate. All very meta. Im doing the opposite of complaining. Dark cloak is still very viable, even more so with fury. Stamblade is fine.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My current meta is fun

You don't play on pc. Your opinions are irrelevant. Swap to PC or be forever considered a scrub.

I play on PC as well 🤨
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Kelces wrote: »
    If you know what to do with a NB you can still do good, don't let those naysayers mislead you. Yes, the gear is slightly different, but the 2h/bow builds were always typical with stamina NB. There are other classes/specs that are worse off now, just no more leading the pole is not the end of the world.

Stam-NB are still awesome assassins. One of my characters can attest that...just a few days ago, it only took about 2 secs while looking on the map - classic. :grin:

So again, if you know what to do, no problem at all...

With my tankier characters, I honestly felt some pity for some of the nightblades attacking me though. This I also experienced when I tried a full medium build recently with my NB, maybe it's because there is only impen in the gear, or I just suck at DPS. :tongue:

Anyway, I would recommend just testing it yourself to really see if it is worth returning for you.

What other class/spec is worse off then NB right now? Not Necro, DK, Warden, Templar, or Sorc. Do you mean werewolves?

Obvious rethorical question, so I'll just respond with this: Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of discontent.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

Truth, spriggans, bone pirate. All very meta. Im doing the opposite of complaining. Dark cloak is still very viable, even more so with fury. Stamblade is fine.

Spriggans/any damage set and Bone Pirate or spriggans/any damage set and hulking does not put out enough damage in the current patch unless you equip a damage monster set which means you have 0 survivability as our class heavily relies on defensive monster sets such as troll king/bloodspawn. Truth set is way too rng unless youre running dizzying swing which makes it very difficult to keep up your defensive buff that you get from your surprise attack spammable. The only way to put out enough damage while maintaining survivability is to run 2 damage sets and a defensive monster set and use your skills for stamina regen. This is very well known or at least I think it is. The only three good set combinations are to run Spriggan/leviathan and NMA or Spriggan and Ophid Venom as they enable us to equip a defensive monster set to make up for our classes lack of healing.

The reason why dark cloak was viable was due to the healing on 7th legion and that it procs on taking damage from one attack not several stacking up enabling us to still roll dodge to mitigate damage. Fury does not have that healing and procs off of several attacks. Dark cloak is not viable right now. If you haven't noticed you wont see a single nb running dark cloak this patch nor will you see them in battlegrounds. Even thogard switched to stamina templar the patch before last after the 7th legion change. I have also tried fury/nma out myself with and without dark cloak. It does not work.

The issue with our class right now is out of survivability damage and cc you can only have 2 out of the 3 as a nightblade (in cp). If you look at videos from very good nightblades they are not running any cc this patch as it is simply not enough damage. Whereas you have other stamina classes like stamplar or stamdk that can run fury/nma and can be uber tanky to the extent that they will never need something like cloak because they can facetank almost everything short of a perfect opener by a decked out magcro (even in medium armor), have multiple ranged cc's, and have shortbus level of burst/consistent damage.

I have played stamblade since the beta release of this game and let me tell you the skill cap has never been higher than this current patch. I feel bad for any mediocre players who have rolled stamblade. Without having the capability to put out enough damage and run a crowd control affect at the same time makes it very difficult to play stamblade as it is very hard to trick a good player into not dodge rolling or blocking your burst damage. I more often than not see stamblades running snipe spam bow builds because they probably cant figure out how to brawl with the current state of our class.
    Edited by nublife01 on January 8, 2020 12:19AM