Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kaalgrondtiid PC NA

• svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevidyra wrote: »
    Another cycle where Ni nightcaps the hell out of the map to put DC in first, and where a self-proclaimed "small-scale" on EP with about 15 players takes Nikel and farms Ash/Roebeck and starts flipping keeps if they can't farm nooby pugs at 3am whilst EP loudly proclaims on the forums that they don't nightcap.

Yeah, PVP is dead. ZOS put Cyrodiil on the deathbed, players finished the job. This *** isn't fun anymore and the hypocrites are getting extremely tiring.

Different people live in different time zones.
  • AlanTheDragonLord
    AlanTheDragonLord
    ✭✭✭
    I always laugh when I see people complaining about 'nightcapping', as if the only valid play time is US prime time, and anything outside of that should be an offence punishable by bans.
    Edited by AlanTheDragonLord on November 23, 2019 2:57AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always laugh when I see people complaining about 'nightcapping', as if the only valid play time is US prime time, and anything outside of that should be an offence punishable by bans.

Nightcapping is just another way of saying, taking the map during low population hours. No one is calling for them to be banned.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think many players have forgotten what the main "objective" in PvP is.
    To take under control and defend as many keeps, towns, villages, mines, outposts as possible.

That doesn't mean let the enemy keep their tri keeps, not playing certain hours of the day because nobody is on the enemy side, or sitting around watching a player on your alliance die because you think it is unfair to participate in a Xv1. The objective is clear and many of you fail at it.

However, I do feel that there is a flaw in the system. I don't know what the solution is, but it is definitely not fun when there is a huge population gap and players just walk over the enemy. Who is to blame? Zeni or the players? I feel that zeni gave us a platform to play on but i feel the players failed in some aspects.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    It's not easy being Yellow!

[img][/img]NXxHk0m.jpg
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @keto3000 what's up with AD's pop? They seem to come and go but nothing consistent.
    Are there no major guilds or do the majority of AD play another camp?

I'd like to see more AD
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    @keto3000 what's up with AD's pop? They seem to come and go but nothing consistent.

I'd like to see more AD

They were the ones night and day capping up until about the time school started back up so that's my hunch. They also were trying to hit DC trikeeps while EP had the hammer there last night as well.

End of the day; they wine about the same things they do consistently when given the chance
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I'd like to see more AD

They were the ones night and day capping up until about the time school started back up so that's my hunch. They also were trying to hit DC trikeeps while EP had the hammer there last night as well.

End of the day; they wine about the same things they do consistently when given the chance

Yeah, all of the AD Nightcappers (Knights of Ni) moved over to DC. The nightcapping stopped when school started back as that's when Ni moved over to DC... yet you don't seem to acknowledge that at all. DC won their two campaigns due to off-hour gains.

And yes, teaming up to take scrolls happens to EVERY faction. It's an opportunity for free points. DC backdoors BB every time EP hits Fare and BM, and DC and AD team up to gate EP, but I don't see you bitching about that either. If you want to call out hypocrites, start with yourself. :)

I'd like to see more AD

AD has consistently had the lowest population outside of primetime out of the three factions, commonly having lowpop bonuses during EST afternoon when DC and EP are stacked. EP is by far the most populated.
    Edited by Nevidyra on November 27, 2019 3:34PM
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    H0rcDU4.jpg

Edited by D0RID0RI240 on November 29, 2019 2:36AM
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Nevidyra wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »

I'd like to see more AD

Yeah, all of the AD Nightcappers (Knights of Ni) moved over to DC. The nightcapping stopped when school started back as that's when Ni moved over to DC... yet you don't seem to acknowledge that at all. DC won their two campaigns due to off-hour gains.

And yes, teaming up to take scrolls happens to EVERY faction. It's an opportunity for free points. DC backdoors BB every time EP hits Fare and BM, and DC and AD team up to gate EP, but I don't see you bitching about that either. If you want to call out hypocrites, start with yourself. :)

I'd like to see more AD

AD has consistently had the lowest population outside of primetime out of the three factions, commonly having lowpop bonuses during EST afternoon when DC and EP are stacked. EP is by far the most populated.

You all know that AD has traditionally been, as I call it, the "Bohemian faction" -- very independent, free-spirited types who band together when there are organized guilds pushing, but... as a community, we have never, consistently, been the strongest of the 3 factions in PvP main campaigns.

This is reflected in the number of consistent Twitch streamers who are mainly DC/EP. AD has no regular Twitch PVP streamers anymore(many left or switched factions circa 2015-16).

Dueling, 1v1, etc has been DC strong points for a long time. Their Twitch streamers help to keep that faction loyalty going. EP has traditionally, again, imo, been the 'organized group-styled' faction--columnar formation type of pvp.

AD has/is sometimes "on point" and often NOT. (I say this with faction love. LOL)

I've played dedicated AD since beta, so I remember, like many ppl here, when AD was initially a strongly populated faction and we also had a good amount of public hype on Twitch/ youtube etc for AD PvP. Then, the "great migration of several large guilds and content creators, etc migrated from AD to DC and AD neverquite regained consistent faction strength again until this past Spring season 2019 when several organized guilds kept presence on the 24 hr map and Ni guild was consistently running as an AD guild at night (based on EST timezone) to keep the gains made during day hours.

When faction lock took effect, there was flux in all 3 factions as ppl were adjusting to the faction lock, imo.

AD still lacks a real presence in the form of major guilds that are consistent and faction loyal who want to build AD faction in long term. Our faction would definitely benefit from some dedicated & consistent AD stream content on Twitch and Youtube so new AD players can feel their faction is an equal contender on the field. AD also needs more veteran mentoring of newer players so the zone pugs are better trained for the low pop times.

I feel that PvP is vibrant & properly competitive when all 3 factions are comparatively equal in strength, have strong faction loyalty and a level of training for the majority of their players. Then RvR battles become real competition between equals and the wins are hard fought and satisfying because they are fairly earned and not a due to low pop or highly skilled vs loosely organized and untrained random players struggling to figure it all out. More veteran mentoring is needed to build each faction then we will see some decent AAA PvP again.

Now that holiday season is here & work slows a bit for me, I will help by trying to organize/train more AD pug groups/train new players late night (EST) again now to help.

***NOTE: I have many friends who play on all 3 factions, so I respect them all, however, I'm dedicated to AD, my team, win or lose. My remarks here are intended to be solely constructive and just my opinion of state of game.)
    Edited by keto3000 on December 31, 2019 10:43AM
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's some funky stuff going on between AD and EP.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's some funky stuff going on between AD and EP.

9c7bGvI.jpg

LOL But that was a Jarl and some other small man group. It just seems like it at times. Just be happy to get good fights when you can, and lag is minimal. Everything else is just frustration built in your own head.
    Edited by technohic on December 31, 2019 6:51AM
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye, it twas much frustration indeed and I'm always happy for the fights even if I do be wondering what's going through their heads.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The other day was crazy. We had AD scroll at glade. I think EP hacked the system and hand 8 bars on LM side. AD had their faction stack on the Front Door side trying to get the scroll. It was non stop killing and dying. Who would imagine DC won the battle with 100k Defense tick.

DC is weird like that. They seem not to know what to do at times and then pull off a major defense.

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    The other day was crazy. We had AD scroll at glade. I think EP hacked the system and hand 8 bars on LM side. AD had their faction stack on the Front Door side trying to get the scroll. It was non stop killing and dying. Who would imagine DC won the battle with 100k Defense tick.

DC is weird like that. They seem not to know what to do at times and then pull off a major defense.

Then DC lost the scroll after the fight, because they didn't make sure the keep was truly empty of all enemies.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve seen DC win the fight but forget to repair the breach.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Then DC lost the scroll after the fight, because they didn't make sure the keep was truly empty of all enemies.

DC is laser focused on AD this campaign. It is causing them to make all kinds of mistakes.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »

DC is laser focused on AD this campaign. It is causing them to make all kinds of mistakes.

Really? Half the time we let AD get free keeps because we are focused on trying to dethrone the "fake" morning EP emp. Then at some point in the day we get sick of it and push AD.

I think reality is AD will do anything to get 2nd place this campaign.

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Really? Half the time we let AD get free keeps because we are focused on trying to dethrone the "fake" morning EP emp. Then at some point in the day we get sick of it and push AD.

Nah, AD doesn't care about the camp score. There is no organization on AD.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

Clearly. They seem to think Rayles is one of their home keeps. Haha
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

Wait, Rayles isn't one of AD's home keeps? I've been mislead all this time. :s
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Stridig It's really strange on AD. Pretty sure there are small groups that are capable of making big moves on the map but they, like most decent players, are not interested in objective play. The "we just want good fights" mentality is strong in kaal. Makes for really boring sessions.
    Edited by Valen_Byte on January 4, 2020 10:15PM
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stridig It's really strange on AD. Pretty sure there are small groups that are capable of making big moves on the map but they, like most decent players, are not interested in objective play. The "we just want good fights" mentality is strong in kaal. Makes for really boring sessions.

Tell me about it. Then you have EP. With them you hope they 5 or 6v1 you just to have a good fight. Lol. Sorry EP. I'm only teasing.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just like dc thinking kc is their home keep
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »

Just like dc thinking kc is their home keep

Exactly
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naming no names, there are a few guilds who only attempt to PVDoor, and deserted back keeps are their best bets. These are also the same guilds that, when defense help is requested in zone, will say, "don't worry, we'll just take it back when they leave."

I feel for AD right now. DC has the afternoon streamer zerg and the former yellow evening zerg. EP dominates between those times and has the ball groups. AD has a couple of effective groups and a few gank groups, but not much else. (EP also clearly has "nightcap" population; I haven't seen it but the score makes it clear.)

There's a rumor AD is getting some help next campaign.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This campaign is so confusing. At this very moment EP has Fare burst and AD takes the hammer to attack DC. They dont defend Fare with it nor do the try to get Alessia back. Somebody in DC must have really pissed off the other two alliances. Haha
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This campaign is so confusing. At this very moment EP has Fare burst and AD takes the hammer to attack DC. They dont defend Fare with it nor do the try to get Alessia back. Somebody in DC must have really pissed off the other two alliances. Haha

With the campaign score the way it is, it is about getting AP and settling old grievances.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With the campaign score the way it is, it is about getting AP and settling old grievances.

I mean... I'm good with it. We have constant action on the DC side. Just tough to deal with at times.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Small group AD can only handle resoures, any keep ( defended or not ) AD has to bring the entire faction.

Just curious, Valen, would you consider this a large, medium or small group of banana's? If you were to guess, how many banana's do you think you see?

707f317e91a286e8554f3db75d439f2d.jpg''

From what I see, AD is never about "Good Fights" they sit back and wait for empty keeps.