The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

dark heart of skyrim: when is it coming out?

EternalDiva
EternalDiva
✭✭✭
Just heard that dark heart of skyrim for ESO will be announced on Janiary 16th 2020. However googling does not reveal a possible launch date. Anyone know?
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's out now, you aren't playing it?!

No, but serious, wait until the announcement - that's the whole point of it.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    10 dollar says 24th February. B)
  • Wheresthetea11
    Wheresthetea11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Based on the Morrowind, Summerset, and Elsweyr drop dates, the chapter should drop for pc at end of May (around the 20th) and 2 weeks later for console in early June (around the 6th). These are not exact dates but they should be pretty close.

The first set of dungeons should drop a few months prior, possibly end of February for PC (around 25th), beginning of March (around 7-8th) for console

Edit: added Q1 possible dates
    Edited by Wheresthetea11 on January 2, 2020 9:46PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't share anything with me, but if they are predictable, the "dark heart of skyrim" will be a multi-update event spanning months. I expect the first update to be on PTS late January to middle February, with a release date March-ish. Sadly, I expect a Dungeon DLC for the next update.

The chapter will be end of May or early June, followed by another Dungeon DLC and a Zone DLC.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    They don't share anything with me, but if they are predictable, the "dark heart of skyrim" will be a multi-update event spanning months. I expect the first update to be on PTS late January to middle February, with a release date March-ish. Sadly, I expect a Dungeon DLC for the next update.

The chapter will be end of May or early June, followed by another Dungeon DLC and a Zone DLC.

Correct! Similar to the "Season of the Dragon" the "Dark Heart of Skyrim" is our year-long adventure that will span across 3 DLCs and a Chapter. We haven't announced any details about them or their release dates, but you can expect more information on the 16th :)
    Staff Post
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    "3 DLCs and a chapter"

oh.....
    okay...….
    it's not like I've enjoyed the standalone dlcs the most or anything, b-baka….
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PTS will probably go live a week or two after the announcement. The PTS lasts five weeks I think (maybe four). So I’d say the first installment will come late February/beginning of March
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first dlc will probably be February or March. Likely a dungeon dlc. The chapter release will probably be announced on the 16th, probably May or June or so. Followed by another dlc related to the theme or story in some way in August or September and the final story zone dlc around November if patterns hold.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct! Similar to the "Season of the Dragon" the "Dark Heart of Skyrim" is our year-long adventure that will span across 3 DLCs and a Chapter. We haven't announced any details about them or their release dates, but you can expect more information on the 16th :)

I'm hyped again, hope region and story gonna be as good as Elswey North and South !
    Not easy to be fair, South is incredibly beautiful, kudos to the guys who design this !
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »

I'm hyped again, hope region and story gonna be as good as Elswey North and South !
    Not easy to be fair, South is incredibly beautiful, kudos to the guys who design this !

Hopefully the Nords and vampires won't be using padlocked and chained doors as much as the Khajiit of Elsweyr do.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Hopefully the Nords and vampires won't be using padlocked and chained doors as much as the Khajiit of Elsweyr do.

As a filthy thief I second this ^^
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS will begin Jan 20th. This shall begin the 5 week bit**ing and moaning about changes, then the first boring DLC release on February 24th for PC, March 10th for us console peasants.
    98% correct prediction
    Edited by SpiderKnight on January 3, 2020 4:02AM
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Atleast! Give us a hint!
    Will we have vampire lord forum or overhaul.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »

Atleast! Give us a hint!

Just wait.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you are saying the PTS will be updated with next update on 20/1/2020?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »

Atleast! Give us a hint!

They did give us a hint. That they would tell us on 16/1/2020 what we would see this year. That tell us the PTS will likely go live within 2 weeks of that announcement. When we have that date we know when the next DLC will drop.
  • niawrathb16_ESO
    niawrathb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I know the announcement date is the 16th but have Zos announced the Live Stream time yet?
    May you have keen eyes and sharp scythes

Morrigan Duskhunter
    Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer

The Reapers Guild - PC/Mac - EU - AD
    The Reapers Guild are recruiting! We run regular events from Motif Gathering to PvP. We run weekly N. Trials and achievement earning events. We have a website we require you to join us on and a Guild Hall with Transmute and Crafting Stations. We also have TS and Crafting Officers. We are a community we love to help so any experience is welcome. We are looking for people who join in! Jump in a group tag along to an event or play and chill in guild chat or on our Teamspeak channel. Really join in and get chub in our fishing events! Get "welcomed to the asylum" by whispering me
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »

So you are saying the PTS will be updated with next update on 20/1/2020?

Yeah,that would follow the pattern from previous years or should be fairly close.

It would be nice if the Nerf hammer was left in its display case this year. :#
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS does not allocate enough resources to fully flesh out a zone the size of Morrowind, Summerset Isle, Elsweyr, and probably Skyrim. This is where schedules and budgets intersect with dreams and stomp all over them. In the past, I have described this as the "good enough" attitude. The schedule and budget say no, so what can be done will have to be good enough.

I honestly cannot imagine the meeting where some developer says, "here is another good place for a chained door, we need to put a building here." :wink:

I should note that changing this is either adding more zone developers, at an additional recurring cost to the studio, or changing the schedule so that they do not release content so frequently. Asking the developers to work harder is not the answer.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’ll be released on the 12th of Theyhaventsaidyetvember.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the announcement is on the 16th then the new pts will most likely be on the 20th. The new chapter should be available for everyone early June, while pc gets early access like usual.
    Edited by BaiterOfZergs on January 3, 2020 3:01PM
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured as much seeing the dungeon DLC is maxed on all 3 Undaunted NPCs.

So maybe Q1 Winterhold DLC with Spellcrafting (new system, last big one was Housing which also launched in Q1), Q2 Skyrim Chapter, Q3 Blackreach, Q4 Solitude.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So maybe Q1 Winterhold DLC with Spellcrafting (new system, last big one was Housing which also launched in Q1), Q2 Skyrim Chapter, Q3 Blackreach, Q4 Solitude.

As much as I'd love that(excluding blackreach), I just don't see them not adding dungeons as their dlc.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be amazing but it seems they have decided to ram 2 dungeons a year down our throats so we get a chapter, one small zone DLC...and 2 activities to force us to farm for new gear and gating story content behind it for good measure. I'll be VERY surprised if we ever see spellcrafting.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭

i got a gut feeling that the skyrim chapter isnt going to be as big any of the other 3
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i got a gut feeling that the skyrim chapter isnt going to be as big any of the other 3

lets hope not i would be severely disappointed

my hope is with all the skyrim nostalgia and fans that they are trying to make this bigger and better than all the other chapters :-) we will see
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I indeed hope we get Spellcrafting as the main feature of 2020 but I don’t see them passiv on 2 x dungeon DLCs. Dungeon DLCs are the most boring, lazy and easiest DLC types that’s why we get two per year.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Khajiit kind of have to lock their houses up tight... lots of theiving cats around

Plus Nords have nothing to steal aside from the mead.

Kind of hoping that it’s a bit more imaginative than Dullgeons, Chapter, Dullgeons, DLC zone ... the dungeon bits of Year that just dragged on really didn’t work on a ‘playing the story’ level. Both because the last set are so tangential it’s ridiculous and because it’s almost impossible to properly do questing in a dungeon even if all your group really wants to.

I want something that’s a bit more imaginative than badly worked dragons and a poorly laid out chapter zone. Right now ESO feels like it needs a good kick up the arse...
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasnt the idea of having dlcs that the first would be like the homes addition, or did I see that wrong in 2017? One chapter, one general dlc and 2 dungeon dlcs right?
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Samas_R_Counts
    This one lives in Vegas and just might have to crash the party on the 16th.
    North America
    "Just your friendly neighborhood Thief adding counter balance to the scales."