Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is PlayStation Plus required to play ESO on PS4?

BoudiccaStormborn
BoudiccaStormborn
✭✭✭
I know that at one time it wasn't. I went to pre-order the new game on PS4 (because my daughter wants me to play the game with her and how can I pass up that opportunity?) but PlayStation says that a PS+ sub will be required.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is required
  • BoudiccaStormborn
    BoudiccaStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    Meh. Well that fairly sucks.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Someone in the world of consoles thought it would be more than reasonable that players pay to play online....
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • DrowElfMorwen
    DrowElfMorwen
    ✭✭
    I just received a PS4 for the holidays. As a PC gamer I kinda wanted to try ESO on the console. So, I bought it, downloaded it.... and then found out I couldn't play it.

Unfortunately, this being a PG forum I CANNOT properly express both my great anger and disappointment at learning this. Not only did we need to drop money on a PS4, and pay for internet to download the game in the first place, but after those you STILL need to pay for a PS Plus subscription?! And there was NO warning about this upon purchase. ESO, come on!

Pull your game from further purchases until SONY stops robbing people. If a person buys a system, has internet and buys the game, we shouldn't need to pay for anything else!! In the LEAST there should be a warning about this when making the purchase!
    3d Artist: https://deviantart.com/drowelfmorwen
    Wheel of Time Fan :: James Cameron's Avatar Fan
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just received a PS4 for the holidays. As a PC gamer I kinda wanted to try ESO on the console. So, I bought it, downloaded it.... and then found out I couldn't play it.

Unfortunately, this being a PG forum I CANNOT properly express both my great anger and disappointment at learning this. Not only did we need to drop money on a PS4, and pay for internet to download the game in the first place, but after those you STILL need to pay for a PS Plus subscription?! And there was NO warning about this upon purchase. ESO, come on!

Pull your game from further purchases until SONY stops robbing people. If a person buys a system, has internet and buys the game, we shouldn't need to pay for anything else!! In the LEAST there should be a warning about this when making the purchase!

As playstation has no control over what Bethesda game studios and zenimax online Productions does or doesn't do they on the other hand have no control what playstation does or doesn't do myself id be more on the side of playstation making Bethesda/zenimax fix their bluescreen issues over having to have an psn+sub when you'll need an eso+sub too but one could only wish as playstation cant enforce an fix to the games poor performance
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the unfortunate side of console life. XBox is the exact same way with requiring XBox Live subscription.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Golevan
    Golevan
    ✭✭✭
    free cheese only in a mousetrap

B)
    I'm from Belarus
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only did we need to drop money on a PS4, and pay for internet to download the game in the first place, but after those you STILL need to pay for a PS Plus subscription?! And there was NO warning about this upon purchase. ESO, come on!
    It's literally on the back of the ESO game case as well as in the game description when purchasing the digital version. Reading is your friend.
    Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on January 19, 2020 1:52AM
  • emeraldshado
    emeraldshado
    ✭✭✭
    Description

Includes The Elder Scrolls Online Base game and the Morrowind Chapter.

Join over 10 million players in the award-winning online multiplayer RPG and experience an ever-expanding story in a persistent Elder Scrolls world.
    • BEGIN YOUR ADVENTURE – Chaos reigns over Tamriel during the Second Era. The Imperial Throne sits empty as ancient enemies band together to bring ruin to the mortal world. Take up arms and fight for Tamriel’s salvation.
    • PLAY THE WAY YOU LIKE – Battle, craft, steal, siege, or explore. Combine different types of weapons, armor, and abilities to create your own style of play.
    • TELL YOUR OWN STORY – Discover the secrets of Tamriel. Experience any story in any part of the world, in whichever order you choose – with others or alone.
    • INCLUDES THE MORROWIND CHAPTER – Journey to the iconic island of Vvardenfell and stop a meteor from crashing into Vivec City by helping a demi-god regain his lost powers.

Remote Play requires PS Vita system and sufficiently robust Wi-Fi connection.

Online features require an account and are subject to terms of service and applicable privacy policy (playstationnetwork.com/terms-of-service & playstationnetwork.com/privacy-policy).

Network Players 2-99
    DUALSHOCK®4
    Remote Play
    Online Play (Required)

Software subject to license (us.playstation.com/softwarelicense). Online features require an account and are subject to terms of service and applicable privacy policy (playstationnetwork.com/terms-of-service & playstationnetwork.com/privacy-policy). One-time license fee for play on account’s designated primary PS4™ system and other PS4™ systems when signed in with that account.

"And there was NO warning about this upon purchase."

WARNING: must use those things in those sockets in your skull!!