Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I can't play on new Campaign on my other alliance character

Noreno
Noreno
Soul Shriven
Hello! In Cyrodiil, the Kaalgrontiid campaign in which I played for the Dominion ended. A new campaign has begun and I want to play for the Covenant, but the game writes to me that I can’t go to the Kaalgrontiid because this campaign is assigned to the Dominion. But I haven’t visited her with the characters of the Dominion and all of these characters have an Laatvulon home campaign. What is the problem? I have long wanted to play on this campaign for the Covenant and have been waiting for its end, but nothing works. Friends are waiting for me. How many AP i need pay?
-From Russia With Love-
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Check that none of your AD characters have the campaign set as their home. Ensure while you do this that you didn't keep any characters in Cyro in case you go over the 5m timer.

If you still can't swap then you will have to wait another 30 days. Support are unable to help as for some reason they cannot simply adjust the db flag (or perhaps just don't want to).
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DB queries are hard
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow look faction lock is helping the players! It's certainly not preventing hundreds of people from playing content in the game they payed for! (That was sarcasm.)

This is what the Pro lockers fought for.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just play on the unlocked server, that a lot wanted and got then didnt want to play there.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    Just play on the unlocked server, that a lot wanted and got then didnt want to play there.
    You are not seeing the problem.
    I'm not going to play solo pvdooring on a dead campaign. There has not been a competitive population on that server or its other incarnations since before Elsweyr.

I want to play where my friends and guild members that I have cultivated relationships with for 5 years play. I cannot do that because I have to pay over a million gold or AP to do so. This would not be an issue if the main populated server was free from faction locks and then there was a special server for people who want to not have a choice. The "anti lock" pvp population as a whole is not going to split off because we cannot do so without paying an excessive amount of currency.

The large majority of players aren't affected by locks whether or not they exist. but those that are cannot play how they want when they want with the characters they want. Which is causing those players to leave or unsubscribe. The logical solution would be to keep the freedom of choice as the default.

How would the locks going away personally affect you if they went away tomorrow? Because if they went away tomorrow I would finally be able to play the game this month on the characters I want to, with all of my friends.
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah OP just go solo pvdoor the empty campaign, what's the problem here?

Or better yet get your friends that are in Kaal to go pvdoor in Laat with you!

/s
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @sharquez You can play the way you want on the no faction lock server, or you can play on the locked server.

They gave yall an unlocked server. A lot said the main cp server would lose a lot of players, and it didn't, when everyone had the option to play on no faction lock.

It seems more players like the way things are currently, I could care less either way.

You got what so many asked for, a no faction lock server, and you all failed to make good use of it.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sharquez You can play the way you want on the no faction lock server, or you can play on the locked server.

They gave yall an unlocked server. A lot said the main cp server would lose a lot of players, and it didn't, when everyone had the option to play on no faction lock.

It seems more players like the way things are currently, I could care less either way.

You got what so many asked for, a no faction lock server, and you all failed to make good use of it.

Here's a little rhyme I wrote to help spell out the situation:

I waited till campaigns flipped. And removed all may characters from AVA. It didn't matter what faction I picked, I still have to pay. A million gold to play a few days a week. Does that seem fair? This situation is bleak. "Just go solo pvdoor the empty campaign!" is what you are saying. This pain is beyond my means for paying. Friends and guild mates all at play, I while I'm forced to wait another 30 days.

I can not play in my social circle which is basically the only reason i still play the game because i have to pay a million gold to leave a campaign on 12+ characters. I am not the first to be put in this situation. and I am not probably going to be the last.

I enjoy* the game enough that I'm willing to come here and say something about it. All it seems to do is attract people who want to regurgitate the same useless "advice" and shut down anyone who want's the locks gone because they are not suffering from the problems it caused, where as if locks disappeared tomorrow it wouldn't stop you from playing.
    *i cant enjoy it if I cant play it

Edited by sharquez on December 20, 2019 4:41AM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @sharquez I understand, no need for rhymes, but you have your options.
    You can also buy another account, which zos would love. Use the 2nd acct for DC, for example, main for ad or ep etc.
    Or you can deal with the current situatuon, or quit the game.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One last thing, just because you want something a certain way does not mean you are in the majority.

Again, I could careless if there are faction locks, but a lot do care about them and want them. There are work arounds to faction locks as I've stated.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    its not rocket science, Many other players manage to navigate just fine by simply reading the alerts and following instuctions
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not rocket science, Many other players manage to navigate just fine by simply reading the alerts and following instuctions

It would be alot easier if all your characters were unsigned and kicked out of cyrodil at the end of each campaign, that way you avoid these issues that OP gets + you get to make an active choice on which faction you want to play as. OPs problem is one of the biggest issues with the current faction locks.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It exists out of a good reason: Loyalty.

Yes, I know. There are always people who don't recognize that and just refuse to attack/defend in relation to the factions they are (supposed to be) playing for and rather play with their "friends" anyway.

"No PvDoor for me". They say, "no forcing of loyalty to any faction on me either".

There have to be some rules of alignment, doesn't there? Just being mercenary for one faction on one day and then being the one for another on the next, this isn't PvE. People should bring at least so much integrity engaging in that type of game mode.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kelces wrote: »

Yes, I know. There are always people who don't recognize that and just refuse to attack/defend in relation to the factions they are (supposed to be) playing for and rather play with their "friends" anyway.

"No PvDoor for me". They say, "no forcing of loyalty to any faction on me either".

There have to be some rules of alignment, doesn't there? Just being mercenary for one faction on one day and then being the one for another on the next, this isn't PvE. People should bring at least so much integrity engaging in that type of game mode.

If loyalty was properly rewarded you would have a point. But the only thing you get at the end of the campaign is some transmute stones, a box od purple jewellery (assuming your faction wins) and some gold. For me that's not proper rewards for staying true to one faction during a campaign. Give proper rewards and add some motivation more than some "roleplay aspect", and it wouldn't be as bad.
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God forbid you have to role play in this roleplaying game....
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Kelces wrote: »

If loyalty was properly rewarded you would have a point. But the only thing you get at the end of the campaign is some transmute stones, a box od purple jewellery (assuming your faction wins) and some gold. For me that's not proper rewards for staying true to one faction during a campaign. Give proper rewards and add some motivation more than some "roleplay aspect", and it wouldn't be as bad.

So a reward is required now to follow certain etiquette in playing a game mode as such? Disappointing, although not surprising.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    One last thing, just because you want something a certain way does not mean you are in the majority.

Again, I could careless if there are faction locks, but a lot do care about them and want them. There are work arounds to faction locks as I've stated.

Hey just wanted to follow up and say RIP to your precious faction locks. Your attempt at justifications for it in this thread is pretty laughable. ZoS limits which parts of the product we bought we can use when, and this guy suggests to buy a SECOND account. Bet he wants animation cancelling banned too.
    PCNA

• DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easy solution, only play on 1 faction. Only have friends from that faction, and only join guilds from that faction.

8 characters, all set up for PvP, all Red characters.
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »

Hey just wanted to follow up and say RIP to your precious faction locks. Your attempt at justifications for it in this thread is pretty laughable. ZoS limits which parts of the product we bought we can use when, and this guy suggests to buy a SECOND account. Bet he wants animation cancelling banned too.

I was on my 2nd account, but I'm not the one your referring to. I also believe the lock campaign is a test. For why not the "newish" campaigns for the PvP Event. Not faction locked? Also would be deleted after PvP campaign. But yes faction locks don't stop anyone.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.