Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

PVP - Do you track debuffs placed on you?

Mariusghost84
Mariusghost84
✭✭✭✭✭
A part of me learning to PVP has been to track my own buffs. I do this with an addon called Srendar. I am curious to wether you guys track debuffs placed on you, in some other way than the standard icons in the GUI - which are very chaotic and dont give any real info that i can use at all. Im planning on setting up Srendar for the dot abilities that are killing me the most.

Im thinking that by doing it this way, i can more easily see when to dispell with my templar - or focus on defence with all my other chars. Is tracking debuffs in that manner something that people actually do?
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I track them but I’m dead before I can decipher them and do something about it. There’s just too many.

I also use Srrendar. Mostly to track my own buffs so I’m not buffing too soon and wasting resources.

#FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time I recognize an effect by the visuals of the skill where it belongs to. That is an advantage to have tried out different classes. Some proc sets too.

Never used debuff-tracker, there is already too much going on in a battle imho. Though I can imagine it might help understand your battles better and counter-action might become swift and more instinctive in time.

I do use Action Duration Reminder for the abilities to recast in time (Mutagen for example).

Edit to add: Cyrodiil-No CP, healer-role.
    Edited by BoraxFlux on December 22, 2019 3:45AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use BuffTimers (very old addon) for short self-buffs.

I limit ZOS' buff tracking icons to short self-debuffs ONLY. When I see them piling up, I know it's time to purge, cloak or LoS. Crude, but my eyes aren't good enough to do any better.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The combat was not designed for this, as such the UI and debuffs you get are damn hard to read. The only times I ever look are in specific fights where I know there is a killer ability. vMA arena 7 for example, vCR overload etc..
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade