The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Next Chapter: Return of the Dwemer & Next Class: Steampunk Engineer

• LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I honestly feel like CwC filled our 'steampunk' quota quite nicely.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
    Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    furiouslog wrote: »
    so they could send you back in time to do a Dwemer zone.

Perhaps you should do some research and see what a lore mess Warlords of Draenor turned out to be for World of Warcraft.

In case you don't, it was a time jumping, alternative world, waste of time. Highly regarded as the worst expansion in the games long history. (I quit in Legion, so can't particularly comment on BfA, though I hear awful things)

"Time travel" is best used in small doses, like a quest, or seeing a memory. Something to enrich the lore.
    Having an expansion around it often breaks lore, and wouldn't particularly work in ESO. How could you explain constantly jumping back and forth in time when you need to go to Elden Root? How would you explain a dwemer walking around in the second era? It would be remembered...it would be a huge event...it would cause a rewrite of the entire history of Tamriel.

Face it...this idea simply does not work.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a whole other thread listing the reasons that of all the races to potentially add, dwemer make the least sense. As for steampunk, I’d rather not. It’s already in other fantasy MMO’s such as GW2. I like for different worlds to keep their unique lore and flavor.

I agree on both points.

For the first, we noted numerous solid reasons why the Dwemer should never return. Besides it making no sense in lore they it is intended to be a mystery and should remain. It is one of the great mysteries of Tamriel.

For the later, it is almost equally a bad idea for a game to try to emulate other games. ESO stand strong because it is unique amongst the MMORPGs. Some, like the request in this thread, want to bring aspects of WOW, FF and GW2 into this game not realizing how bad of an idea it would be to make ESO less unique, not to forget there are reasons why we play ESO and not those games.
    Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly feel like CwC filled our 'steampunk' quota quite nicely.

Can’t go wrong with more, though. ;)
    Options
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't actually shrink to go to clock work city, that model you see isn't the city but just a way to teleport to it. The city itself exists everywhere and nowhere.

Also the dwemer should be left as a mystery, it's a lot better that way. Hell Todd basically said that himself.

Thanks for adding that extra layer of nuance to my "weird dimension" characterization. I hope that the other ESO faithful can forgive my sloppy narrative. I still think it would be cool.
    Options
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Race: Dwemer.

And the whole zone is underground.

I dont have a clue if you're trying to be funny, or if you're just really new to elder scrolls. the dwemmer vanished millenia before. having them as a race has no place in elder scrolls.
    Options
  • dorogov.alexeyeb17_ESO
    Next chapter: return of bugs
    Next class: overnerfed necromancer
    Options
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What people don't seem to the understand is that the lack of Dwemer lose is part of TES lore in and of itself.

It's not a missing puzzle piece that we're waiting for Bethesda to fill in. The missing piece is the piece.

It's like the movie Pulp Fiction- it makes me a little crazy not knowing what's in the briefcase at the end, but if Tarantino came out and explained it, it would ruin things. The truth isn't meant to be known, and in fact I think that Tarantino has stated that they don't even have an official answer. Any explanation would ruin the point of the ending. I think (hope) that the Dwemer are like that, and that maybe even the writers don't even have an explanation in mind about what happened to the Dwemer.
    Options
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That class is just simply not possible in terms we have in ESO. We have next to zero steampunk theme in any part of gameplay. There are no suitable weapons or environments. What are you gonna do with that class? Repair people's Engine Guardian procs? Or damage furnishings? What tools are you gonna use resto staves? Bows?

It would prolly require a system that is a bigger update than we ever had in ESO to make it possible to make a steampunk engineer class.

Not even starting on Dwemer race discussions...
    PC|EU
    Options
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, there is a remaining space outside the regular map. What will go there with coldharbour, clockwork, artaeum?
    Options
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I'd like an artificer class.
    I'd like an underground dwemer area.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    furiouslog wrote: »
    They shrink you to a weird dimension to get into Clockwork City, so they could send you back in time to do a Dwemer zone. They could flesh out some unexplained lore, reveal mysteries, and make you part of the story. That could be pretty cool. Some things that are left around as artifacts in today's time could be there because you caused it. Or you could fight to stop something and fail, because it was always meant to be. Loads of possibilities.

The clockwork city isnt a dwemer creation
    Options
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another thread about Dwemer race? No, sorry it's too much lore breaking. Check the other thread you silly person.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
    Options