Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Next Chapter: Return of the Dwemer & Next Class: Steampunk Engineer

ValerieKyrie
ValerieKyrie
✭✭✭
New Race: Dwemer.

And the whole zone is underground.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a whole other thread listing the reasons that of all the races to potentially add, dwemer make the least sense. As for steampunk, I’d rather not. It’s already in other fantasy MMO’s such as GW2. I like for different worlds to keep their unique lore and flavor.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chapter 2020: Return of the Dwemer
    Chapter 2021: Why no one remembers the "Return of the Dwemer" in the 3rd Era and beyond despite multiple major figures surviving til then...
    Options
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭

No no no and no
    The dwemer coming back would cause to many lore problems.
    Especially as characters we meet in game (Fyr, Vivec, Sotha Sil ect don't know what happened to the dwemer even by the time of morrowind.)
    Options
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chapter 2021: Why no one remembers the "Return of the Dwemer" in the 3rd Era and beyond despite multiple major figures surviving til then...

DRAGON BREAK!!!!!11
    Options
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Big pass.
    | PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
    Options
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer as a playable race would be entirely lore braking but encountering one in a different plane of oblivion can be possible.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DRAGON BREAK!!!!!11

To what does that refer? 🤔
    Options
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DRAGON BREAK!!!!!11

Akatosh is Time, Akatosh is also a dragon, when you break time you break the dragon. There have been different events that have caused this splitting in time and when the break ends all events in the different time lines are rendered true causing people to either “forget” things happen or remember them in a different way
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People need to face there are some things in Elder Scrolls that we will never get to have. My Lilmothiit are one, your Dwemer are another. The Dwemer are gone forever, unless a lore reason is created AFTER the events of 4E 200.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

DRAGON BREAK!!!!!11

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Break

I'm not quite sure I can explain it super well...

There are (real-world) theories where infinite universes are created based on possible actions. For example, I just waved my hand around in the air... it's my understanding that, according to this theory, a universe would be created where I didn't do that. Basically, universes are created for every possible action- so there are a bunch of parallel universes running at once.

Dragon breaks are sort of like that- something happens that causes time split, with these separate parallel realities. They eventually converge, so things are remembered differently but are all correct. I believe it was first conceptualized as a way to account for all of the possible endings of TES: Daggerfall in order to allow all of them to be canon.

I don't think that this has been done by Bethesda per se, but the Dragonbreak thing could be used as a cheap, mindless way to explain things that break lore. In this case, we're in a different universe than the canon TES where the Dwemer come back as a playable race. A DB would explain the deviation from canon in a way that still allows canon to be, well, canon.

I was being sarcastic, btw- the concept of a Dragon Break is really interesting, but I don't think it should ever be used as a way to allow ZoS/Bethesda/etc to break lore without technically breaking lore. It's more interesting to think of as an in-universe concept; the events with the rise of the Tribunal at Red Mountain have been theorized to involve a Dragon Break, but that doesn't break lore; rather, it adds to it.
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I genuinely believe this would kill the game.
    Options
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysbriel wrote: »
    Dwemer as a playable race would be entirely lore braking but encountering one in a different plane of oblivion can be possible.
    This would be quite awesome to explore, actually. :)

IIRC it's been quite firmly established that the Dwemer haven't gone extinct in the usual sense, but rather got removed from the mortal plane due to some cataclysmic event.
    Noone quite knows what happened, and where did they end up as a result.

As for some sort of an "engineer" class - it's not too far-fetched IMO; even in ESO there are some NPCs who have successfully reactivated and/or controlled Dwarven constructs.
    Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I could see the dwemer come back but not in eso, in a future game based after skyrim
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd like a engineer class, but not the Dwemer race as they are almost completely gone
    Options
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

Some posts have been removed due to violating our rules involving baiting and trolling. Please refer to our community rules to understand what is expected from members of our community.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Again most lore we have is why there are no dwemer on Tamriel. Some other grp could of survived elsewhere on nirn or some other plane. So I wouldn’t rule it out completely.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    Again most lore we have is why there are no dwemer on Tamriel. Some other grp could of survived elsewhere on nirn or some other plane. So I wouldn’t rule it out completely.

The main theory is whatever happened to the Dwemer, happened to every one in the Mundus, but not to any that were currently in a Daedric plane, or other plane, hence that half robotic fat one in TES: 3. But that excuse hardly justifies a playable Race.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Options
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh hell no! Dwemer maybe, at least lorebased but no steampunk crap.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
    Options
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There’s a whole other thread listing the reasons that of all the races to potentially add, dwemer make the least sense. As for steampunk, I’d rather not. It’s already in other fantasy MMO’s such as GW2. I like for different worlds to keep their unique lore and flavor.

/thread

:neutral:
    Options
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭
    Ysbriel wrote: »

DRAGON BREAK!!!!!11

Akatosh is Time, Akatosh is also a dragon, when you break time you break the dragon. There have been different events that have caused this splitting in time and when the break ends all events in the different time lines are rendered true causing people to either “forget” things happen or remember them in a different way

Other than certain people (Tribunal, Shezarines who can remember)
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't we just have that talk???
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/504999/would-you-like-eso-to-finaly-add-a-dwarven-race-to-the-game/p1

And the answer is still: NOPE!

For all the reasons already mentioned, Dwemer -cannot- return without wrecking a LOT of TES lore in the process. Neither should they, as the mystery is far better while remaining... mysterious.

And for pretty much the same reason it would be a bad idea to have a whole "steampunk" class. As ESO is NOT a steampunk game, but a medieval one, AND in all the games set -after- this one, noone had made that much prigress in uncovering the secrets of the dwemer, despite a great many people spending all their life on this.

Now, there might be some possibilities, from flashback quests to meeting the last dwemer... but that's about it.

A whole underground real as DLC on the other hand... that one might actually happen someday. perhaps evben sooner then we might hope... but not with dwemer, more with adventurers uncovering a dwemer city, and expliring it and all that.
    I could see the dwemer come back but not in eso, in a future game based after skyrim
    Yeah, that's about the only option.
    I mean, yeah, it -would- be cool to have a steampunk themed game set in the elder scrolls universe! Go a millenia or two into the future, have dwemer tech spread through all the lands... victorian breton nobles, rakish kahiit sky-pirates, nord steam-knights or dunmer clockwork mages... mixing airships and sorcery to give us a completely new take om the elder scrolls... it's be a blast! I'd play the heck out of that.
    But... it is NOT ESO!
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Next Chapter: Return of the Dwemer …..Inloading information...please standby...………….DECLINED.
    Next Class: Steampunk Engineer...Inloading information...please standby...……….DECLINED.
    ………………..
    …….
    …CLASSIFIED INFORMATION...….
    ……………………………………………………………………………….
    ………………..
    ………………………………………. ………………..
    ……………………………………………………………………………..
    ……………………………………..
    …………………………………..
    ………………………………………………………………………….
    ……………………………………..
    …………………………………………………………………..
    …………………………………………………………….
    ……………………..
    ………………..
    ………………………
    …………………….
    …………………..
    ……………………………………………………………………..

Ending Report.....preparing for cold storage within Archive of the Adeptus Mechanicus on ……………….. within sector...……

Subject requesting query....declared HERETIC....immediate termination required.

fRcZbS0.png

although I can picture miew cats becoming tech adepts!
    emjjBPx.png

mLdtRXU.jpg
    I mean everything gets better when you add cats :3
    Options
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They shrink you to a weird dimension to get into Clockwork City, so they could send you back in time to do a Dwemer zone. They could flesh out some unexplained lore, reveal mysteries, and make you part of the story. That could be pretty cool. Some things that are left around as artifacts in today's time could be there because you caused it. Or you could fight to stop something and fail, because it was always meant to be. Loads of possibilities.
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean everything gets better when you add cats :3
    ...I am not so sure that applies to cooking....
    63465876.jpg
    Oh. OH!
    Nevermind then...
    Options
  • Lord_Hypnos
    Lord_Hypnos
    ✭✭✭
    If the dwemer would become a playable race i also want to play as every race from Akavir, The left-handed elves, a proper yokudan and atmoran and gods know what else.

So How about we keep some races dead/unobtainable and just enjoy what we have? and if you want steampunk go try out some other MMOs. TES is not the world for that nonsense.
    Options
  • Kaxxi
    Kaxxi
    ✭✭
    i don't care what race or class they bring into game, as long as they keep adding race/class into game.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. Dwelmer stuff and style is what I'm least interested in. Like that horrendous mount they made.

Skyrim - huzzah. Dwelmer, nope. Thx
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. To all of that.

The Dwemer are still gone in 4E 201. They aren't coming back in the 2nd Era.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
    Options
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭
    furiouslog wrote: »
    They shrink you to a weird dimension to get into Clockwork City, so they could send you back in time to do a Dwemer zone. They could flesh out some unexplained lore, reveal mysteries, and make you part of the story. That could be pretty cool. Some things that are left around as artifacts in today's time could be there because you caused it. Or you could fight to stop something and fail, because it was always meant to be. Loads of possibilities.

You don't actually shrink to go to clock work city, that model you see isn't the city but just a way to teleport to it. The city itself exists everywhere and nowhere.

Also the dwemer should be left as a mystery, it's a lot better that way. Hell Todd basically said that himself.
    Options