Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Prologue Quests should have their own Quest Category

Enodoc
Enodoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently, Prologue Quests are categorised in the Journal under one of the zones they take place in - The Missing Prophecy in Stormhaven, Of Knives and Long Shadows in Deshaan, Through a Veil Darkly in Glenumbra, etc. Since these quests take you all across Tamriel, it is a bit inconsistent to tie them to a specific zone, especially when all other zone quests are entirely contained within the relevant zone. Some zones could even be considered more appropriate than the one they were assigned to; Through a Veil Darkly, for example, potentially has a stronger connection to Auridon than it does to Glenumbra.

For Prologue Quests to be more consistent, both with each other, and with the rest of the quests that span Tamriel (like Guild quests, Holiday Events and other Miscellaneous), I think they should be given their own Prologues category in the Journal. This would also help to identify them better for players so that they can clearly see it's a Prologue rather than another generic Side Quest in the zone.

An alternative to putting them all in a Prologues category would be to put each one in the zone category for the zone they are teasing - The Missing Prophecy for Vvardenfell, Of Knives and Long Shadows for Clockwork City, etc. (Bonus points if they then get added to the Zone Story for that zone, since they are related to it...)
UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Different quest markers for DLC starter missions and prologue quests would probably help too, even if it’s just a different colour.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second this. The more of these they are, the more confusing they become on my newer characters.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see this has been implemented on PTS. Thanks guys!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp