The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Volendrung still DESTROYING cyrodill performance

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
Please remove this, the servers can not handle it in prime time hours
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 29, 2023 7:23PM
Ad Victoriam!
  • linoge63
    linoge63
    ✭✭✭
    Volen-Dung should be removed period even if they actually had functional servers...imo
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    linoge63 wrote: »
    Volen-Dung should be removed period even if they actually had functional servers...imo

it really is a dumb idea.... Their logic fails. Volendrung won't combat ball groups, it makes them worse! how can anyone compete with a zerg ball group with volendrung as well as having garbage cyrodill performance. Stupid nonsense
    Ad Victoriam!
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS have spent the past 3 years trying to get people to spread out in Cyrodiil, So of course its a "good" idea to create a massive blob of players following or trying to take the hammer?

Sheesh I give up. Bring back the Deer.
  • PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS have spent the past 3 years trying to get people to spread out in Cyrodiil, So of course its a "good" idea to create a massive blob of players following or trying to take the hammer?

Sheesh I give up. Bring back the Deer.

NO!!! NOT THE DEER...:(
    You see, I am a Pink Flying Pudding Zebra.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Get rid of this thing. Doesn't add any play value to PVP.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hammer completely destroys the maps equilibrium, is grossly unfair on the underdog and any semblance of fair, balanced and strategic gameplay and meaningful and skilful PVP becomes impossible and pointless, even for the alliance wielding the hammer!

It is so ABSURDLY imbalanced, it doesn’t make any sense why ZoS would create this grossly overpowered mechanic in the first place, let alone allow it to remain update after update when practically everything else is constantly nerfed to death in the name of better balance.

I’d be interested to hear why anyone at ZoS thinks the hammer mechanic is acceptable....?
    Edited by Rowjoh on December 18, 2019 1:11PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volundrung appears to match ZOS' vision of an interesting mechanic that speeds up keep takes and forces more dynamic map play in Cyrodiil...if only the servers could handle the large groups of attacking/defending players who inevitably cluster around wherever Volundrung is.

The servers really can't. The failure of Volundrung is less one of concept and more one that stems from the same problem ZOS has been failing to address for years: persistent performance issues during large battles in Cyrodiil.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »
    linoge63 wrote: »

it really is a dumb idea.... Their logic fails. Volendrung won't combat ball groups, it makes them worse! how can anyone compete with a zerg ball group with volendrung as well as having garbage cyrodill performance. Stupid nonsense

It's actually not a bad idea, it can shake up a stale map nicely, the real issue is, along with performance, that it doesn't have a hard timer applied to it, and can be up for hours.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am gonna make this simple.
    PvP during Prime Time: (Even without the hammer)
    world+of+tanks+gif+lag.gif

Players reaction to said lag:
    EmB4QtACPVBpS.gif
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hammer just helps the most zergy faction at the current time steamroll everyone to their gates
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This games lag comes from ballgroups mainly, I see less lag around the massive hammer zerg, than I do around ballgroups spamming aoes and purges 24/7.

For example, on PCEU NOCP, we had a 30 v 30 fight at sej with reds a couple days back, no lag, was awesome, for a full 30 minutes. Then all the ball groups logged on, and the game just died.
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this old thread because I still cannot do anything when Volendrung pops up. I am way across the map and my skills will not fire. Cyrodiil Pvp is what I like doing mostly, but I am at my end with this. On PS5 with performance mode even. :'(
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, volendrung is terrible for cyrodiil. Almost without fail, even on PC NA with upgraded servers, every time this thing spawns the game lags.

This thing absolutely should be removed, or disabled until they finish the "code rewrite" which is supposed to fix performance.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did experience Cyrodil lag last night as soon as it went live even though I was in a different part of the map. I think it’s a fun mechanic that can help with a stale map as someone else commented but I agree that performance wise the servers don’t seem able to handle it.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in December 2019. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.