The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Battle grounds, geared to the teeth, getting 1 shotted.

• validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    while oblivion or generally heavy attack into block canceled finisher can be pullshit, I feel like the issue here is more likely you dont have enough health or dont roll enough.

Also off-bar-ing s/b is dumb.

What! Back baring SnB is ANYTHING but dumb vs people lmao. It’s a solid backbar in PvP.

It's a solid choice, doesnt mean its fun for the player or the people trying to kill him though.

"Oh great. I was about to kill this guy but he pulled a s/b... guess ill just go find someone else to kill..." - that sort of thing.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    while oblivion or generally heavy attack into block canceled finisher can be pullshit, I feel like the issue here is more likely you dont have enough health or dont roll enough.

Also off-bar-ing s/b is dumb.

What! Back baring SnB is ANYTHING but dumb vs people lmao. It’s a solid backbar in PvP.

It's a solid choice, doesnt mean its fun for the player or the people trying to kill him though.

"Oh great. I was about to kill this guy but he pulled a s/b... guess ill just go find someone else to kill..." - that sort of thing.

That's why it's a solid backbar choice, it's effective.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is literally impossible to get 1 shot as a tank, even by onslaught.

Post death recap or it didn't happen.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klimarov wrote: »
    im running dragon knight with 25000 resists to both spell and physical. wearing heavy armor.

by 1 shot i literally meant 1 shot. templar runs up to me, casts 1 ability, it crits and i die. also mages with combo kills me like nothing.

since resists dont matter at all. where do i get traits for flat damage mitigation?

by tank i mean a dude with shield and sword, who i attack and barely knock off 5% of their hp, which he insta heals, and he 1 shots me in return

For someone to 1 shot you in pvp, it means you recieved a dmg of 15k atleast, which is the lowest hp you can get in no cp without slotting any points in hp or using hp glyphs. You must be naked for someone to deal 15k dmg to you. Hightest dmg I recieved on my stam sorc with 15k resists is 12k crit dmg from nightblade stealty onslaught. I have never been 1 shot on my stam sorc even with lower resistance than yours and I suspect lower hp as well, I only run 21k hp.

I hit an 18k Onslaught on my stam sorc at around 3:15 against what seemed to be a decent stam sorc that was well built. This is in CP though. I double checked the live combat numbers with Combat Metrics at the very very end of the video.

https://youtu.be/3IaBTq5elfE
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS could've just add -25% to crit damage to battle spirit as default long ago and change impen to something else, like plain (small) buff to damage for example.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS could've just add -25% to crit damage to battle spirit as default long ago and change impen to something else, like plain (small) buff to damage for example.

That’d be interesting. It’d be a subtle nerf to Templar, NB and Necro and a buff to sorc, DK and Warden. It’d also make heavy more attractive. With a change that big they’d have to change up some other stuff too.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 13, 2019 3:29PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

That’d be interesting. It’d be a subtle nerf to Templar, NB and Necro and a buff to sorc, DK and Warden. It’d also make heavy more attractive. With a change that big they’d have to change up some other stuff too.

Well, given that everybody with exception of some specialized builds runs 7 impen by default, it will only exclude newbies from pain of being "one-shot" by lucky crits.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One shot? I'm guessing your health is on the low side.

I'm leaving this here .. just in case it might help.
    1197.png

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, given that everybody with exception of some specialized builds runs 7 impen by default, it will only exclude newbies from pain of being "one-shot" by lucky crits.

Yea, agreed, it would be better if impen didn’t exist. It’s just a barrier for players to start pvp, and some players run divines and need to be saved from themselves.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klimarov wrote: »
    Hello every one.

I recently came back to the game, release was rough. So far enjoying it all however, have problems in pvp. Basically battle grounds are unplayable because i always get one shotted. I tried various builds. Latest one i run was on dragon knight, all legendary with heavy armor, built for as much as possible of defense, yet not a tank. So i was happy and lolly, rolling into a BG, first encounter, i face a tank, literally a tank, no one could kill the guy, he barely takes any damage. So he rolls up to me, and 1 shots. I have to mention that i have 25000 resists in battlegrounds buffed. how the hell is that even possible? this 1 shot gameplays should be stopped. that game is also too fast for constant stun locks. i see mages and DKs chain stunning people to death and that stamina that you enter bg without CP is not enough to break out of a stunlock.

like im completely puzzled, especially by tanks that 1 shot. Im not calling for trash balance like WoW has. but these things over the top should be nerfed. like if you're tank, you shouldnt be doing that much damage at all.

Unfortunately if good players coordinate an attack on you you're going to die so fast it's going to seem like you got one-shotted. That's usually the hall mark of a coordinated team too: they typically have the Dragon Knight running around spamming snares on people so they are positioned for the burst of doom. So if I had to take a guess, that's what happened to you.

So I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no amount of defense on this game that is going to save you against those kind of onslaughts. The only thing that works in a situation like that having a competent team backing you up. Dragon Knights in particular are really nasty this patch (they're overpowered IMHO) and kill people very quickly (especially Vampires - so if you are a vampire you might as well go dig your grave now).

I also agree with you that this game is too fast to justify the amount of CC effects it has. The popular Dragon Knight combination you pointed out where they go around spamming that stun/snare crap on everyone is a prime offender and extremely annoying.

Honestly, this game has made me appreciate the presence of cast times on other MMORPGs. They make the combat a lot more skill-based because players can actually react and use counter play - where as on this game you're usually just overwhelmed and slaughtered before you can even do anything. So I would disagree with those who suggest the PvP on this game is somehow more "skill-based". That isn't in my experience. It's the opposite in fact, and relies more on ganking and cheesing opponents than in other games I have played.

But still, PvP on this game can be mindless fun - sometimes. So it's worth investing in if you like the game. But don't expect the same PvP experience you had on say WoW, which has a superior PvP system, especially when it comes to larger scale combat. WoW is actually balanced to accommodate group play - where as this game largely is not. So if multiple good players attack you don't expect a quality experience. You're just going to feel like you got one shotted.

Edited by Jeremy on December 14, 2019 1:00AM
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure you are not jut running into multiple enemies, and having half a dozen of DOT's on you? Because that's what happens if you do. It feels like you are getting "one shot", but in reality you ain't. Check your death recap to see what's going on. If you are like a vampire going toe to toe with a magDK, it's self explanatory too. Or a magicka toon with low stamina, getting a lot of CC on yourself. Also, there are lots of premade groups, debuffing you entirely for someone else to take out. Know your Kryptonites...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Sure you are not jut running into multiple enemies, and having half a dozen of DOT's on you? Because that's what happens if you do. It feels like you are getting "one shot", but in reality you ain't. Check your death recap to see what's going on. If you are like a vampire going toe to toe with a magDK, it's self explanatory too. Or a magicka toon with low stamina, getting a lot of CC on yourself. Also, there are lots of premade groups, debuffing you entirely for someone else to take out. Know your Kryptonites...

Oddly enough I play a vampire magplar: I don’t think DKs are too bad, my nemesis class that gets me are magsorcs. The vampire downside is overrated if you spec with enough damage to hit hard.

1v1 my best ratio is against NBs (free kills); DKs, then Necro and Warden with the worst being sorcs.

Wearing 5x light in pvp tips the balance against some classes, but sorcs seem to be the kings of high damage specs.

If anything I think DKs need a buff, not to damage but to sustain. If their Ult isn’t up it’s almost guaranteed I’ll beat them 1v1.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 15, 2019 8:00AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    Klimarov you need to transmute or have impenetrable gear i read that you do not have the crystals at least transmute some pieces to improve your survivality but better throw away dreugh king slayer and use the molten weapons ability it will give you major and minor brutality thanks to a passive, if those are the body pieces you use, you could change them for another crafted set in impenetrable and start playing right away, some people hit very hard with the criticles but the range with impenetrable is at most 6k damage so you will not be one shoot, use hardened armor that will rise your resistances reducing the damage a bit, you could change dreugh king slayer for impenetrable seventh legion, it is a very good set and will be easy to get by doing a quest for the chest and in the guild traders, the health recovery is not halved in bg and you will see you are harder to kill, i use it on my dk, and last, use food if you do not use food to bost your hp you die very fast.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »

Oddly enough I play a vampire magplar: I don’t think DKs are too bad, my nemesis class that gets me are magsorcs. The vampire downside is overrated if you spec with enough damage to hit hard.

1v1 my best ratio is against NBs (free kills); DKs, then Necro and Warden with the worst being sorcs.

Wearing 5x light in pvp tips the balance against some classes, but sorcs seem to be the kings of high damage specs.

If anything I think DKs need a buff, not to damage but to sustain. If their Ult isn’t up it’s almost guaranteed I’ll beat them 1v1.

Ah, yes. True. As a magplar, you can sort of "de-penalize" vampirism pretty well be cleansing DOT's etc.. Mist form and some defensive set on a magplar is very annoying.