Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragon Knights need to be scaled down some

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    It's fair to say you don't enjoy rocks-paper-scissors gameplay.

It's not fair to say "nerf rock," because then your game is just paper-scissors.

Cross your fingers that we get an actually good Vampire skill line upgrade next chapter I guess :(

I've already said I would be open to fixing the Vampire instead of nerfing the Dragon Knight. Just so long as something is done.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 9:09PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    What "burst macro?"

Wait... what "snare" are they spamming? Because DK only has one snare, and it's a 5m diameter stationary skill that costs a ton.

I suppose he's speaking about the passive that snares...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »
    Sungod wrote: »
    Sounds like he's being snared/stuned, then while he cant defend he is getting dotted and whiped. Thats not an OP "macro", thats just you getting bursted.
    If you're going to chest thump and demand people 1vx you "to see how not squishy you are" then why even make this post?
    1vx those MagDK's and develop a better gameplan to fight them.

It's not "chest thumping" to defend myself and challenge people who keep falsely claiming that I am "squishy". So you don't seem to understand what "chest thumping" is.

If you don't want me to challenge you to a 1v1 fight then simply avoid talking trash about me. Because that's going to be my response to players who keep making stuff up about me.

I am making this post for the simple reason that I believe Dragon Knights are currently too powerful against Vampires. I would have thought that'd be obvious.

You should have a chat with that phoenixkungfu guy. He also has the same poor attitude as you and lots of things he "believes in" about DKs. :wink:

You're the one who started talking trash about me. So I'm not the one with the "poor attitude" here.

You need to learn how to disagree with people without attacking them or saying untrue things about them. If you did that, me and you would get along fine.

You should learn how not take every criticism as trash talking. Pretty useful skill in life.

I've never said anything untrue either. You do run vampire in no CP. And you do complain that you take too much damage from DKs. Which means that for your puproses you are too squishy.

It's also a useful skill in life not to talk about people you have no idea about.

And I welcome you to prove I'm "squishy" any time you want. Something you have wisely refrained from doing.

Did I just assume your squishiness? *GASP*

I have a very good idea about you since you have yourself admitted that you take too much damage from DKs. You might (how dare I assume something again...) have a bit of a rash from the word "squishy". Let's say that your build is not defensive enough to run vampire against DKs. :wink:

You're going in circles again.

Like I told you, if you want to prove I'm supposedly "squishy" you are welcome to come 1v1 me in Cyrodil. Otherwise I have nothing else to add to this other than you're wrong and I'm willing to prove your wrong. That's all i can do. IF you want to continue to believe something that isn't true that's your business.

I'm not sure this circle is big enough for both of us...

Again: I've told you that my character is not "squishy" and offered to prove it to you in a duel. That's all I can do.

Back to the circle, are we?

Taking too much damage means you are not defensive enough. :wink:

It doesn't matter how much defense you get, it's not going to matter. That is the whole point of this thread...

You cannot defend against it. Their advantage is too great.

Oh you can. You can drop vampire and nulify their advantage completely. Or you can incorporate more defensivness into your build (Major Protection completely overrides 25% increased damage and so does Mist Form, for instance) and survive DKs even on stage 4 easily.

Working as intended.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I don’t understand the problem. Vampire has upsides and downsides.

Just use mist form, it’s very effective against DKs to escape their immobilizations.

Not really.

You mist form and then the Dragon Knight just chases you until it goes away. Mist Form is really only good for short ranged escapes. It won't save you from a Dragon Knight determined to kill you.

I don't wanna assume anything again, but you are saying that you have trouble outrunning the slowest melee only spec in the game WITH Mist Form? Just making sure...
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't often call for nerfs. In fact, it's extremely rare when I do. But this is the exception.

I'm sick of encountering the same type of Dragon Knight in no CP Cyrodil. They just run around spamming the same burst macro with their annoying little snare and whip combinations and do way too much damage. It's ridiculous, especially if you are a Vampire.

So either nerf this combination or I'm just going to start running every time I see it. That or I'll just quit your PvP all together. The developers did a pretty good job limiting these lame kind of lame over-the top burst fighting styles but this one slipped through the cracks.

So you complain about a mDK that plays a game of attrition, which he's more likely to win against a vampire, and that's the reason why you want to nerf it?

Ok, et me rephrase:

You, in your flammable outfit, want to enter inside a house that's burning to the ashes, expecting not to catch fire?

Ok, good luck...

A lot of people stops being a Vamp when mDKs are a popular choice. If you want to fight a mDK being a Vamp, then you should work on your build. But nerfig a class for doing what's supposed to do... I think it's too much.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like he's being snared/stuned, then while he cant defend he is getting dotted and whiped. Thats not an OP "macro", thats just you getting bursted.
    If you're going to chest thump and demand people 1vx you "to see how not squishy you are" then why even make this post?
    1vx those MagDK's and develop a better gameplan to fight them.

It's not "chest thumping" to defend myself and challenge people who keep falsely claiming that I am "squishy". So you don't seem to understand what "chest thumping" is.

If you don't want me to challenge you to a 1v1 fight then simply avoid talking trash about me. Because that's going to be my response to players who keep making stuff up about me.

I am making this post for the simple reason that I believe Dragon Knights are currently too powerful against Vampires. I would have thought that'd be obvious.

You should have a chat with that phoenixkungfu guy. He also has the same poor attitude as you and lots of things he "believes in" about DKs. :wink:

You're the one who started talking trash about me. So I'm not the one with the "poor attitude" here.

You need to learn how to disagree with people without attacking them or saying untrue things about them. If you did that, me and you would get along fine.

You should learn how not take every criticism as trash talking. Pretty useful skill in life.

I've never said anything untrue either. You do run vampire in no CP. And you do complain that you take too much damage from DKs. Which means that for your puproses you are too squishy.

It's also a useful skill in life not to talk about people you have no idea about.

And I welcome you to prove I'm "squishy" any time you want. Something you have wisely refrained from doing.

Did I just assume your squishiness? *GASP*

I have a very good idea about you since you have yourself admitted that you take too much damage from DKs. You might (how dare I assume something again...) have a bit of a rash from the word "squishy". Let's say that your build is not defensive enough to run vampire against DKs. :wink:

You're going in circles again.

Like I told you, if you want to prove I'm supposedly "squishy" you are welcome to come 1v1 me in Cyrodil. Otherwise I have nothing else to add to this other than you're wrong and I'm willing to prove your wrong. That's all i can do. IF you want to continue to believe something that isn't true that's your business.

I'm not sure this circle is big enough for both of us...

Again: I've told you that my character is not "squishy" and offered to prove it to you in a duel. That's all I can do.

Back to the circle, are we?

Taking too much damage means you are not defensive enough. :wink:

It doesn't matter how much defense you get, it's not going to matter. That is the whole point of this thread...

You cannot defend against it. Their advantage is too great.

Oh you can. You can drop vampire and nulify their advantage completely. Or you can incorporate more defensivness into your build (Major Protection completely overrides 25% increased damage and so does Mist Form, for instance) and survive DKs even on stage 4 easily.

Working as intended.

Who is this Vampire who survives at stage 4 against good Dragon Knights "easily"?

Can I have his/her name please?

Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 9:18PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I don’t understand the problem. Vampire has upsides and downsides.

Just use mist form, it’s very effective against DKs to escape their immobilizations.

Not really.

You mist form and then the Dragon Knight just chases you until it goes away. Mist Form is really only good for short ranged escapes. It won't save you from a Dragon Knight determined to kill you.

I don't wanna assume anything again, but you are saying that you have trouble outrunning the slowest melee only spec in the game WITH Mist Form? Just making sure...

I don't know what Dragon Knights you fight but they must be absolutely terrible...
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    I don't often call for nerfs. In fact, it's extremely rare when I do. But this is the exception.

I'm sick of encountering the same type of Dragon Knight in no CP Cyrodil. They just run around spamming the same burst macro with their annoying little snare and whip combinations and do way too much damage. It's ridiculous, especially if you are a Vampire.

So either nerf this combination or I'm just going to start running every time I see it. That or I'll just quit your PvP all together. The developers did a pretty good job limiting these lame kind of lame over-the top burst fighting styles but this one slipped through the cracks.

So you complain about a mDK that plays a game of attrition, which he's more likely to win against a vampire, and that's the reason why you want to nerf it?

Ok, et me rephrase:

You, in your flammable outfit, want to enter inside a house that's burning to the ashes, expecting not to catch fire?

Ok, good luck...

A lot of people stops being a Vamp when mDKs are a popular choice. If you want to fight a mDK being a Vamp, then you should work on your build. But nerfig a class for doing what's supposed to do... I think it's too much.

The problem with your analogy is you don't have to enter the house burning to ashes. The burning house actively comes after you.

Vampires should be viable option - which they are - except when it concerns Dragon Knights. You say I need to "work on my build". Ok, well what is this build? Let's hear specifics. What build is going to enable a Vampire to defend against a well-played Dragon Knight? I'll give it a shot and see.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 9:16PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ok, et me rephrase:

Ok, good luck...

The problem with your analogy is you don't have to enter the house burning to ashes. The burning house actively comes after you.

Vampires should be viable option - which they are - except when it concerns Dragon Knights. You say I need to "work on my build". Ok, well what is this build? Let's hear specifics.

Let m show you something:

http://prntscr.com/qajpvs

That is the BEST mitigation passive in the whole game.

So if we nerf mDKs in the dmg they do to vamps, what do you think is going to happen to that passive?

It is trade off, such powerful passive MUST have a counter play, and that counter play comes in the fom of a knight that breaths fire.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, et me rephrase:

Ok, good luck...

Vampires should be viable option - which they are - except when it concerns Dragon Knights. You say I need to "work on my build". Ok, well what is this build? Let's hear specifics.

Let m show you something:

http://prntscr.com/qajpvs

That is the BEST mitigation passive in the whole game.

So if we nerf mDKs in the dmg they do to vamps, what do you think is going to happen to that passive?

It is trade off, such powerful passive MUST have a counter play, and that counter play comes in the fom of a knight that breaths fire.

I hope you are not suggesting that the undeath passive is going to defend against a Dragon Knight's damage. Because if it is, I can debunk that theory right now.

Because any Vampire who thinks undeath is going to save them against a good Dragon Knight is going to be a dead vampire.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 9:25PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Man, that's what you get for being vampire... advantage over other 10+ specs and huge pain from magDKs.

DK's only weakness right now is the fact that they have to be melee and that they have no good methood of escape like nightblade and sorc. But that is literally it. DK has everything else
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Sungod
    Sungod
    ✭✭✭
    Again you keep going in circles.
    You keep challenging to fight people, cut it out, its not productive nor is it going to help you. You just sound like a cocky A. Your whole stance on this topic is you with your back against the wall and swinging haymakers at anyone willing to talk.

You are not addressing your potential shortcomings and just want to point the finger at a class that is built to kill vampires.
    Guess what? You're a vampire and you're going to get melted by Dragonknights 1v1.
    What you are failing to do, is tell people what your build/gear is, tell people what your current strategy is in fighting Dragonknights and allow us to provide some assistance if any.
    Or, you can continue to be punch drunk in the corner of the bar. You might as well close this thread if thats your course of action.

• xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any Vampire who thinks undeath is going to save them against a good Dragon Knight is going to be a dead vampire...

So drop to Stage 2?

Vampire makes you better against some enemies and worse against others. If this bothers you, but you still really want to be a Vampire, that's what the different stages are for. It's really not a terrible system, but could certainly use some fine-tuning and a full complement of Active Skills.

You're lucky that Master Flame Wheel spam and Dawnbreaker have fallen out of favor.
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fire penalty is here to ensure vampire is risky and has counterplay, either use mist form or don't be a vampire.
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey op, out of curiosity, what sets do yo use? Race? Skills? Are you double staff or have SnB?

I ask, because i have vamp templar, nightblade, and warden, and i do just fine against most dk's.
    Edited by Gatdangmayne on December 13, 2019 9:54PM
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Mason_Cane wrote: »
    Vampire you say.
    Fire skills hit you hard you say.

They hit too hard Mason.

I'm ok with fire hitting Vampires hard. But when it becomes impossible to defend against, there is a problem.

Don't you think you would fair better by getting rid of vampire? Wouldn't it be better for you to adjust then to ask for a nerf to a whole class?

Oh and nerf sorc

Maybe.

If they can't balance it properly to where Vampires aren't basically just free kills for well-played Dragon Knights then perhaps they should just remove it. It's not a bad argument you make.

What class and build do you actually run? You play CP or no-CP?

NO CP.

I"m a Templar Vampire.

Lol, you're a Templar. You should survive against DK's better than any other class.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »
    "I dont often call for nerfs" lmao

Stay near your healer? Pop a immov pot? Stay out of melee? Damage output is very high right now.
    If you are a vamp and squishy you are asking to be deleted by even average players as long as they time their burst right

Would you like to 1v1 me? I'll meet you right now in Cyrodil and you can decide if I am "squishy" or not.

I dont play no cp and Im guessing i would have to leave my mag dk parked and bring my squish blade since the "little snare and whip are too much" ??
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I dont often call for nerfs" lmao

Stay near your healer? Pop a immov pot? Stay out of melee? Damage output is very high right now.
    If you are a vamp and squishy you are asking to be deleted by even average players as long as they time their burst right

Would you like to 1v1 me? I'll meet you right now in Cyrodil and you can decide if I am "squishy" or not.

I dont play no cp and Im guessing i would have to leave my mag dk parked and bring my squish blade since the "little snare and whip are too much" ??

You can bring what ever you want.

I'll meet you at Cyrodil right now.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Vampire you say.
    Fire skills hit you hard you say.

They hit too hard Mason.

I'm ok with fire hitting Vampires hard. But when it becomes impossible to defend against, there is a problem.

Don't you think you would fair better by getting rid of vampire? Wouldn't it be better for you to adjust then to ask for a nerf to a whole class?

Oh and nerf sorc

Maybe.

If they can't balance it properly to where Vampires aren't basically just free kills for well-played Dragon Knights then perhaps they should just remove it. It's not a bad argument you make.

What class and build do you actually run? You play CP or no-CP?

NO CP.

I"m a Templar Vampire.

Lol, you're a Templar. You should survive against DK's better than any other class.

There is no surviving against a good Dragon Knight as a Vampire. That is the point. Class is irrelevant.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again you keep going in circles.
    You keep challenging to fight people, cut it out, its not productive nor is it going to help you. You just sound like a cocky A. Your whole stance on this topic is you with your back against the wall and swinging haymakers at anyone willing to talk.

You are not addressing your potential shortcomings and just want to point the finger at a class that is built to kill vampires.
    Guess what? You're a vampire and you're going to get melted by Dragonknights 1v1.
    What you are failing to do, is tell people what your build/gear is, tell people what your current strategy is in fighting Dragonknights and allow us to provide some assistance if any.
    Or, you can continue to be punch drunk in the corner of the bar. You might as well close this thread if thats your course of action.

You cut it out...

I am challenging those who keep claiming I am "squishy" and that is the problem to a duel.

It has nothing to do with being "cocky". It has to do with dispensing with this silly notion that being "squishy" is the problem here. it isn't.

But I'm glad you admit you will be melted against Dragon Knights in 1v1 (at least the good ones). That is the point of this thread.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With this thread continuing to derail we're going to go ahead and close it down. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful with the Forum Rules in mind to avoid thread derailment or action on one's account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.