The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dragon Knights need to be scaled down some

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Man, that's what you get for being vampire... advantage over other 10+ specs and huge pain from magDKs.

It's dumb, Martin.

It's not just a "huge pain" but it's impossible to defend against. They just spam the same burst macro over and over and there is literally nothing you can do to counter it. It's just too much damage and I'm sick of seeing them all do it. It's gotten stupid.

No class - Vampires included - should have to run as their only alternative. Especially considering they spam snare so running isn't exactly easy to do...

If they are going to make Vampires free kills for offensive Dragon Knights then they need to give them an effective escape move against them. Mist form doesn't cut it.

They need to reduce both vampire's susceptibility to fire and undeath. I'll go with 5/10/15% susceptibility (lstage 2/3/4) and 20% undeath. Well, also if you are not running some extremely expensive food like ATB you can drop to level 1 vampirism if you see too many magDKs around... I just noticed that they appear in huge numbers as I roll vampire, idk if this is coincidence or not.

Perhaps, but something needs to be done. If you think changes to the Vampire itself would be a better approach to the problem I can get behind that. That fixes the problem without negatively affecting Dragon Knights in other situations where they may not be so ridiculously over-powered - as they currently are against Vampires.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still want the resource return? Lower vamp stage to 2 for a 15% fire vulnerability instead of 25.

Or just drop vamp, it it’s the simplest solution, so obvious.

You built a hardcounter into your build for some free stats and extra abilities and then complain even though you signed up for this.

First - this is a game forum where you are suppose to complain about imbalances in game play. If you have a problem with that, then perhaps you should avoid the forums.

I'm also ok with Vampires being at a disadvantage against fire. But currently, this disadvantage is too great when it comes to Dragon Knights. So yes, I am complaining about that.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 8:29PM
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    nerf fossilize please
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    Do you really think people are using "macros" for Fossilize then Flame Lash?

It's not just fossilize and flame lash. Those two abilities are certainly part of it though.
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerf fossilize please

Why? It's already been hit multiple times with increased cost and reduced range.

Maybe change the root to guaranteed off-balance.
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Sungod
    Sungod
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like he's being snared/stuned, then while he cant defend he is getting dotted and whiped. Thats not an OP "macro", thats just you getting bursted.
    If you're going to chest thump and demand people 1vx you "to see how not squishy you are" then why even make this post?
    1vx those MagDK's and develop a better gameplan to fight them.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sungod wrote: »
    Sounds like he's being snared/stuned, then while he cant defend he is getting dotted and whiped. Thats not an OP "macro", thats just you getting bursted.
    If you're going to chest thump and demand people 1vx you "to see how not squishy you are" then why even make this post?

It's not "chest thumping" to defend myself and challenge people who keep falsely claiming that I am "squishy". So you don't seem to understand what "chest thumping" is.

If you don't want me to challenge you to a 1v1 fight then simply avoid talking trash about me. Because that's going to be my response to players who keep making stuff up about me. I'm not going to sit here and debate whether or not I am "squishy" when it's much easier to just show them and thus end the bs.

To answer your question: I am making this post for the simple reason that I believe Dragon Knights are currently too powerful against Vampires. I would have thought that'd be obvious.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 8:46PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not "chest thumping" to defend myself and challenge people who keep falsely claiming that I am "squishy". So you don't seem to understand what "chest thumping" is.

If you don't want me to challenge you to a 1v1 fight then simply avoid talking trash about me. Because that's going to be my response to players who keep making stuff up about me.

I am making this post for the simple reason that I believe Dragon Knights are currently too powerful against Vampires. I would have thought that'd be obvious.

You should have a chat with that phoenixkungfu guy. He also has the same poor attitude as you and lots of things he "believes in" about DKs. :wink:
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Royaji wrote: »

If you don't want me to challenge you to a 1v1 fight then simply avoid talking trash about me. Because that's going to be my response to players who keep making stuff up about me.

I am making this post for the simple reason that I believe Dragon Knights are currently too powerful against Vampires. I would have thought that'd be obvious.

You should have a chat with that phoenixkungfu guy. He also has the same poor attitude as you and lots of things he "believes in" about DKs. :wink:

You're the one who started talking trash about me. So I'm not the one with the "poor attitude" here.

You need to learn how to disagree with people without attacking them or saying untrue things about them. If you did that, me and you would get along fine.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean every vamp knows to stay away from mag DK's, and DK's in general. That's literally working as intended.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're the one who started talking trash about me. So I'm not the one with the "poor attitude" here.

You need to learn how to disagree with people without attacking them or saying untrue things about them. If you did that, me and you would get along fine.

You should learn how not take every criticism as trash talking. Pretty useful skill in life.

I've never said anything untrue either. You do run vampire in no CP. And you do complain that you take too much damage from DKs. Which means that for your puproses you are too squishy.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerf fossilize please

It is a bit too powerful, especially when you combine their offense. But CC effects usually are in PvP.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You should learn how not take every criticism as trash talking. Pretty useful skill in life.

I've never said anything untrue either. You do run vampire in no CP. And you do complain that you take too much damage from DKs. Which means that for your puproses you are too squishy.

Yup which is why every PVP guide has a disclaimer on certain builds that say "Do not go vamp for this build, it's not worth it...." or "This class can handle extra fire damage from DK's, go vamp...". Because that is a choice all players have to make, do we run vamp and deal with the extra fire damage? Or are we too squishy and drop vamp?

It's one or the other.
    Edited by Goregrinder on December 13, 2019 8:51PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's also a useful skill in life not to talk about people you have no idea about. And yes, that is called trash talking.

And I welcome you to prove I'm "squishy" any time you want. Something you have wisely refrained from doing.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 8:54PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean every vamp knows to stay away from mag DK's, and DK's in general. That's literally working as intended.

Then working as intended is dumb.

If they want Vampires to have to avoid DK's then they should give them an effective escape ability so they can do so. Mist Form doesn't cut it.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 8:57PM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's also a useful skill in life not to talk about people you have no idea about.

And I welcome you to prove I'm "squishy" any time you want. Something you have wisely refrained from doing.

He is just stating facts. If you're class/build/setup cannot handle the extra fire damage DK's deal to you, either avoid them, find ways to deal with the extra damage, or drop vamp. That is literally what everyone else does. Not every build runs vamp because they fight a lot of DK's. I play a MagCro and I have ways to deal with extra flame damage from DK's so I run vamp WILLINGLY KNOWING I will take extra damage from them. That is working as intended.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's also a useful skill in life not to talk about people you have no idea about.

He is just stating facts. If you're class/build/setup cannot handle the extra fire damage DK's deal to you, either avoid them, find ways to deal with the extra damage, or drop vamp. That is literally what everyone else does. Not every build runs vamp because they fight a lot of DK's. I play a MagCro and I have ways to deal with extra flame damage from DK's so I run vamp WILLINGLY KNOWING I will take extra damage from them. That is working as intended.

No he's not "stating facts".

He's stating falsehoods, because my character is not "squishy". And repeating it over and over doesn't magically make it come true, either.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 8:56PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did I just assume your squishiness? *GASP*

I have a very good idea about you since you have yourself admitted that you take too much damage from DKs. You might (how dare I assume something again...) have a bit of a rash from the word "squishy". Let's say that your build is not defensive enough to run vampire against DKs. :wink:

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a player who runs stage 4, yes it hurts a lot.

I accept it because it's my choice to be stage 4 for the passives in exchange for fire being my kryptonite. If it bothered me enough, I'd drop the Vampirism so I could go toe to toe with these MDKs like I can on other characters who aren't vampires.

It's an acceptable rock/paper/scissors thing to me, and they're not common enough as enemies to change my build to address them.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a very good idea about you since you have yourself admitted that you take too much damage from DKs. You might (how dare I assume something again...) have a bit of a rash from the word "squishy". Let's say that your build is not defensive enough to run vampire against DKs. :wink:

You're going in circles again.

Like I told you, if you want to prove I'm supposedly "squishy" you are welcome to come 1v1 me in Cyrodil. Otherwise I have nothing else to add to this other than you're wrong and I'm willing to prove your wrong. That's all i can do. IF you want to continue to believe something that isn't true that's your business.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 8:59PM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

He's stating falsehoods, because my character is not "squishy". And repeating it over and over doesn't magically make it come true, either.

Clearly it is, because you keep dying to DK's....
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I told you, if you want to prove I'm supposedly "squishy" you are welcome to come 1v1 me in Cyrodil. Otherwise I have nothing else to add to this other than you're wrong and I'm willing to prove your wrong. That's all i can do. IF you want to continue to believe something that isn't true that's your business.

I'm not sure this circle is big enough for both of us...
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a player who runs stage 4, yes it hurts a lot.

I accept it because it's my choice to be stage 4 for the passives in exchange for fire being my kryptonite. If it bothered me enough, I'd drop the Vampirism so I could go toe to toe with these MDKs like I can on other characters who aren't vampires.

It's an acceptable rock/paper/scissors thing to me, and they're not common enough as enemies to change my build to address them.

I've never liked the rock/paper/scissors approach to PvP.

But you're correct to say that's the case here, because it basically is. And that's my issue.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again: I've told you that my character is not "squishy" and offered to prove it to you in a duel. That's all I can do.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Clearly it is, because you keep dying to DK's....

No, because the reason I die to Dragon Knights isn't because I have a squishy character. It's because they are overpowered against Vampires. Hence the point of this thread.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 9:02PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again: I've told you that my character is not "squishy" and offered to prove it to you in a duel. That's all I can do.

Back to the circle, are we?

Taking too much damage means you are not defensive enough. :wink:
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t understand the problem. Vampire has upsides and downsides.

Just use mist form, it’s very effective against DKs to escape their immobilizations.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Back to the circle, are we?

Taking too much damage means you are not defensive enough. :wink:

It doesn't matter how much defense you get, it's not going to matter. That is the whole point of this thread...

You cannot defend against it. Their advantage is too great.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 9:04PM
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fair to say you don't enjoy rocks-paper-scissors gameplay.

It's not fair to say "nerf rock," because then your game is just paper-scissors.

Cross your fingers that we get an actually good Vampire skill line upgrade next chapter I guess :(
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I don’t understand the problem. Vampire has upsides and downsides.

Just use mist form, it’s very effective against DKs to escape their immobilizations.

Not really.

You mist form and then the Dragon Knight just chases you until it goes away. Mist Form is really only good for short ranged escapes. It won't save you from a Dragon Knight determined to kill you.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 13, 2019 9:08PM
This discussion has been closed.