The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark Heart of Skyrim: What Do You Think the Title Dark Heart Means?

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Personally im going with blackreach. We might find out more about the Falmer and the Dwemer while dwelling there.
Edited by Aliyavana on December 13, 2019 5:32AM

Dark Heart of Skyrim: What Do You Think the Title Dark Heart Means? 249 votes

Blackreach
51%
Kattatoniavailjohn_ESOAcrolasGlassHalfFullssewallb14_ESOxaraanFaulgorNemesis7884Aimoraniawrathb16_ESOAlienSlofwild_kmacdb16_ESONebthet78dorogov.alexeyeb17_ESOSotha_SilSheezabeastJames-WaynekojouRavenSwornFauxHunter 129 votes
Vampires
24%
CireousGilvothhuntgod_ESOInklingsdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOmadeeh91rwb17_ESOLaerothKeykalynTanis-StormbinderNewbieOKSIdinusequake89bellatrixedKarminathevampInaMoonlightQUEZ420Cillion3117Freakin_HytteKr3doLadyNalcaryaSpiderKnight 61 votes
Other
23%
akredon_ESOBlueRavendcam86b14_ESOLonePirateSaucy_JackDemionKnootewootxenowarrior92eb17_ESOLoves_guarsPocketNovaShaloknirValagashCaffeinatedMayhemRaikikiTaleof2CitiesOtarTheMadagegartonThevampirenightMayraelAnhedonie 59 votes
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Both or more, maybe it wont be strictly focused on one theme, not like Elsweys was.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm feeling Reach vibes. But most likely vampires and the Reach both.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    We just got necromancers, so maybe the wolf queen? (If I am remembering that story correctly. )

Edit: @Heatnix90 showed that this will be incorrect.
    Edited by BlueRaven on December 13, 2019 1:59PM
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires
    In due time let the chapter speak for itself on 1-16-2020*
  • Mauin
    Mauin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blackreach
    I'm leaning towards Blackreach as a potential location (for at least one of the DLCs) right now purely because of a quest in Southern Elsweyr.

Who knows what the actual story will be, though. Hopefully not more dragons... I am *really* tired of dragons.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackreach
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Personally im going with blackreach. We might find out more about the Falmer and the Dwemer while dwelling there.

I assume blackreach because the leaked card images for one of the future crown seasons (Gloomspore) is the same mushrooms found there:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crown_Crates
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackreach
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    We just got necromancers, so maybe the wolf queen? (If I am remembering that story correctly. )

Wolf-Queen Potema is a Septim and we all know the Septim line hasn't even begun yet.

The whole "Gloomspore" crate datamine seems to imply either Falmer or Reach.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vampires
    I genuinely believe it's going to be Blackreach + vampires.

People keep bringing up the gloomspore crates, but seemingly forgot that the Nightfall crates exist.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackreach
    Both maybe.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackreach
    Hoping for the Reach.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Both. I have 8 vampires. I want more shtuff related to them. And I can't wait.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackreach
    I think Blackreach. But I expect Blackreach to be a trial. Unless the do Labrynthian as a trial.
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackreach
    I don’t know what it means, but I hope it means blackreach. Easily the best part of Skyrim for me was first stumbling into blackreach... I’m really hoping they do a great job of this zone.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I am thinking Blackreach, if involved, is a dungeon DLC and Labyrinthian is the trial. I am going to guess, like I did in another thread, that this takes place in Whiterun hold.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    I'm feeling Reach vibes. But most likely vampires and the Reach both.

90% it has to do with the Reach and the Reachmen. The other 10% would be Labyrinthian and having to do with Shalidor and magic in general or something like that.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blackreach
    As some crafty tinkerer in elsweyr said: just keep swallow soulgems, you'll know everything
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires
    Dark heart of Skyrim can be related to the falmer living in the dwemer ruins.
    After all, that's the true dark side of Skyrim. The ones that originally lived there were the snow elves that have been reduced to falmer...

So, in this chaos. The falmer have awoken a god or something like that.....which hasn't been recorded in the great TES library. So, the nords must have done this to either hide their shame or prevent any record on their existence by which, will take away their claim to the land.

So, this must be the start of falmer rebellion to the nords and finally, the people of Skyrim and nirn will know of their existence....
    Edited by Vanos444 on December 13, 2019 8:08AM
  • PopotoSalad
    PopotoSalad
    ✭✭✭
    Blackreach
    I'm guessing the title is a reference to Blackreach, so we'll see Winterhold and maybe the Pale. The DLC will be Solstheim.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Solitude.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    It will be the story of Elda Dark-heart and why she left Skyrim and went to Bruma. She is a marksman trainer who can train anyone that breaths.

The story is about her fear for horses and why she attack's them on-sight.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackreach
    Blackreach or Briarheart (Reach men) would be my guess.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possibly Lyris turns out not to be the ray of sunshine we all assumed she was.

We follow a trail of grisly murders. Where will it lead? What twisty turny things along the way yes?

Sai is so conflicted. Should he choose his true love or the awful truth?

Also there are a lot of beards and some mead.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    ale
    PC/EU
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackreach
    I welcome all these kinds of darkness so shall thy all
    PC|EU
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Feeling cold already...

f3BbqUO.png

I'm seeing the upper Karth Valley. So, Reachmen, Hagravens, Dark Magic. Lots of space for underground things there which weren't in TES V. Also quite a few things on the TES V map weren't there in 2E 582, so plenty of space to play with above ground too.

On the Gloomspore crate pic there are mushrooms, a deep dark cave and what look like bound bundles of straw or reeds. The straw/reed bundles look kind of alive, snake-like even. So, maybe some kind of organic construct monster made from straw/reeds and mycota by Hagravens.

Darkly organic magic. Deep natural cave systems. Magic mushrooms.
    PC EU
  • Shaloknir
    Shaloknir
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I thought it referred to the heart of Llorkhan. Kagrenacs used his aetherium tools on heart of Llorkhan which made the entire dwemer race dissapear. I hope dwarven armies come back from the void with vengeance!
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    College of Winterhold, dark secret.
  • Valagash
    Valagash
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    College of Winterhold, dark secret.

^ so much this :)
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blackreach
    Shaloknir wrote: »
    I thought it referred to the heart of Llorkhan. Kagrenacs used his aetherium tools on heart of Llorkhan which made the entire dwemer race dissapear. I hope dwarven armies come back from the void with vengeance!

The heart of lorkhan is in red mountain... Not Skyrim.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Rykoth
    Rykoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    While my initial response is Blackreach, I do feel like the Reachmen are going to be a big factor so I'm going with the Reach.
    Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
    Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay