The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Skyrim 2020 I CALLED IT!!!

Unfadingsilence
Unfadingsilence
✭✭✭✭✭
Honestly when's the DLC gonna happen? There's a BIG spot on the map that needs to be used and it's right where skyrim should be. Time to let the cats outta the bag with this one @ZOS_GinaBruno

And honestly since for years everyone was all about nope its goes against lore, sorry lore does not allow it, nope sorry we are a few 1000 years before or after the lore dragons and OMG what 2019 WE GOT DRAGONS!! yep sorry u wonderful lore pedestrians we got dragons 😉👌 so let me ask this real fast..

1. When is skyrim coming?
2. Dragonborn Skill line
3. Might as well break lore again dwarf race "Dwemer" when is it gonna happen?

Thank you and have a wonderful holiday 🎄🎁
Edited by Unfadingsilence on December 13, 2019 6:23AM
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A lot of hints points us to Skyrim in the next chapter, so maybe next year.
    EU PC
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Let’s hope never. There’s already a Skyrim game. It’s called Skyrim. I can’t think of anything less interesting than putting that into ESO. The EP storyline itself was dull enough.

2. I’d rather they sort out the existing ones that they haven’t got their heads round yet before adding unnecessary new ones

3. No to Dwemer. If I see another Centurian ever it will be too soon.

No idea what I’d want in their places, but I’d like to be surprised rather than see the same stuff trotted out again to sate nostalgia fans.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry but please, no Dwemer race and no Dragonborn skill line. Let's leave lore as it is.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    1. Let’s hope never. There’s already a Skyrim game. It’s called Skyrim. I can’t think of anything less interesting than putting that into ESO. The EP storyline itself was dull enough.

There's a already a Morrowind Game. It's called Morrowind... oh wait, we got a Morrowind Chapter.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://skyrim.gamepedia.com/File:Skyrimmapls.png

On that map you can see, that 1/3 to 1/2 of skyrim already is accessable in ESO:

- falkreath
    - rift
    - eastmarch

So a new DLC would not be "Skyrim", but most likely be reduced to 2 releases like "Whiterun" as first DLC with dungeons (like northern elsweyr) and "the Reach" as second DLC without dungeons.
    Winterhold, Haafingar and the Pale are not that populated, so they might be integrated in the first 2 DLCs or left out for a potential smaller additional addon.

So the release of these DLC will be far less "bombastic" compared to what people felt starting to play Skyrim with all of its complexity.

The reduction to whiterun and the Reach also would mean, that a dragonborn skill line would not make sense, as that would require a complete skyrim release (apart from the problem that "the dragonborn" of Skyrim is playing 1000 years after ESO).

As a summary I think, that we can't expect any of the existing "Skyrim-Highlights" getting a focus in ESO, but a storyline that is completely new and independant from it.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If we have to go to Nord lands then please god can it not have anything to do with the over-hyped, done-to-death ES Skyrim game.

Yes, I understand that it’s been hinted at and there area is blank, but I would hugely prefer an original story that has very little to do with the previous game.

So no dawnguard, no vampire lords, no dwemer, no starting as a prisoner in helgen and definitely no dragonborn skill line - and no more dragons.

If you want all the Skyrim stuff, then ffs go play Skyrim - plenty of versions available! Just let ESO do something interesting and NEW!

(Morrowind the chapter had little to do with the previous game - which bodes well)

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Time to let the cats outta the bag with this one

Cat will be out of the bag at the 16th Jan 2020, bud

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/504324/official-discussion-thread-for-register-now-to-join-us-in-vegas-for-our-next-chapter-announce#latest

"ESO’s next epic adventure is coming soon, and you can join us in Vegas for the big announce!

Be part of the excitement and join us under the bright lights of the HyperX Esports Arena Las Vegas for the announcement of The Elder Scrolls Online’s next big year-long adventure and Chapter!

For this event, we’re inviting the ESO community to be part of the live audience for the announce stream, enjoy an amazing post-announcement meetup with the devs, claim exclusive ESO swag, and more!

Details:

Location: HyperX Esports Arena Las Vegas at the Luxor (https://www.hyperxesportsarenalasvegas.com/)
    Date: Thursday, January 16th
    Time: Approximately between 12PM – 4PM PST
    Register: RSVP form
    Additional details will be made known closer to the announcement date. Can't make it? That's OK! We're looking into having an additional community events throughout 2020, so keep an eye out for more information in the future!"

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57313
    Edited by redlink1979 on December 12, 2019 12:27PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »

There's a already a Morrowind Game. It's called Morrowind... oh wait, we got a Morrowind Chapter.

Which doesn’t make going to Skyrim any less unimaginative and dull.

• Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim was released in 2011, it's about to be 2020. If you overplayed Skyrim, how about you not think your opinion trumps someone who enjoys the land, lore, and potential. If you don't like the DLC or Chapter, whatever they make it...the simply don't BUY IT.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly at this point I want to see places outside of Tamriel more.To me it's better than a repeat of what has been seen.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragonborn skill line?
    Really.
    Out of all the possibilities they are gonna serve us they have served people many times over and over for years
    :s
    Brb I gotta play Skyrim on my toaster
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can celebrate now
    https://youtu.be/AfeR8KaQWRs
    2:11
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winterhold, Haafingar and the Pale are not that populated, so they might be integrated in the first 2 DLCs or left out for a potential smaller additional addon.

Ummm...I think we're going to Winterhold and The Pale mainly.

Winterhold was the capital of Skyrim until the Fourth Era, when the Great Collapse happened and made the Winterhold we see in TESV, which was essentially just a few shacks and the College of Winterhold.

ESO takes place in the Second Era, therefore Winterhold is not only still standing, but is still Skyrim's capital. Therefore, logically, Winterhold should be more populated than any other city in Skyrim. And is probably where we're going when we return to Skyrim.

That and Blackreach likely plays a big role in the next chapter and DLC, based on the recently datamined crates. And Blackreach can only be reached via Dwemer ruins located in either Winterhold or The Pale.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on December 13, 2019 5:39AM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly when's the DLC gonna happen? There's a BIG spot on the map that needs to be used and it's right where skyrim should be. Time to let the cats outta the bag with this one @ZOS_GinaBruno

And honestly since for years everyone was all about nope its goes against lore, sorry lore does not allow it, nope sorry we are a few 1000 years before or after the lore dragons and OMG what 2019 WE GOT DRAGONS!! yep sorry u wonderful lore pedestrians we got dragons 😉👌 so let me ask this real fast..

1. When is skyrim coming?
    2. Dragonborn Skill line
    3. Might as well break lore again dwarf race "Dwemer" when is it gonna happen?

Thank you and have a wonderful holiday 🎄🎁

I actually love lore, but there is no reason not to make holes in lore to make it interesting. People here act like the lore is some sort of sacred divine code and energy behind the meaning of life. Wait for TES VI if you want more legit lore.

All I say is: Get a damn grip and let us enjoy new content. Cause who cares. We're all here to "waste" free time anyway.

In other words: I agree with you.
    Edited by Nyladreas on December 13, 2019 6:06AM
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just glad I called it before they dropped the video today 😂😂😂😂
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We might get,
    Blade skill lines
    New vampire skill lines or dawnguard
    New werewolf skill lines ( the companion )
    But definitely not dragonborn.
    ( I wish we had them, just imagine how insane PvP would be xD )
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wolf Queen anyone? aka Potema? not the ghost of Potema but the actual Potema?

What era are we in?

Potema Septim, also known as the Wolf Queen, was a Queen of Solitude in Skyrim's hold of Haafingar during the Third Era. She was the daughter of Pelagius Septim II and Quintilla.[1] Her efforts to claim the Ruby Throne resulted in the War of the Red Diamond, which only ended with her death
    Edited by Lady_Linux on December 13, 2019 6:25AM
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    We might get,
    Blade skill lines
    New vampire skill lines or dawnguard
    New werewolf skill lines ( the companion )
    But definitely not dragonborn.
    ( I wish we had them, just imagine how insane PvP would be xD )

I definitely would not put a definitely on not having a dragonborn skill line
  • DLM
    DLM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care for what we will get.

Just please : No. More. Dragons.
    Edited by DLM on December 13, 2019 6:26AM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasnt exactly a secret. They hinted at it in Dragonhold and people have been saying it was very likely for a while already.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Wasnt exactly a secret. They hinted at it in Dragonhold and people have been saying it was very likely for a while already.

Been saying it for around a year now
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to know something much more impurrtant than the fact that every1 with eyes could had seen this coming...is not like we had Skyrim re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-release... so back to the topic at hand...when the Siland explodes and Kaalgrontiid dies..HOW ON EARTH U CAN SEE THE FALLOUT TILL SKYRIM FROM THE OTHER HALF OF THE DAMN CONTINENT BUT U CANT SEE IT ANYWHERE ELSE WHERE IS CLOSER??? LIKE GRAHTWOOD OR CYRODILL...ANYWHERE ELSE!?!?!?!?! oh my immersion!
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like I'm going to be in Skyrim a lot for the new year because I'm planning a mammoth Skyrim play through anyway (excuse the pun) when Legacy of the dragonborn v5 mod drops this month. Plus now this.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am going to guess that we get the Whiterun hold as the chapter, it's pretty big. Maybe Winterhold is the smaller DLC later although it'd be smarter to have two holds that connect so you don't have an odd gap in between so maybe Morthal's hold would be the smaller DLC.

You could have Bleak Falls Barrow as one of the public dungeons, Labyrinthian as the trial. Pretty interesting what part(s) of Skyrim they choose. I, personally, would do Whiterun hold as the chapter and maybe Morthal as the smaller DLC later with Blackreach being a dungeon DLC. The skill line introduced in chapter would be Companions but hey, this all might be wishful thinking. I only assume that the smaller DLC later on will also be Skyrim cause they stuck with Elsweyr for the two this year.

I knew it was going to be Skyrim as well based on heroes. We hadn't done the Nord yet. Anyway, going to be an interesting year if done right.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hoping we get to visit Winterhold pre great collapse. ( before most of the city fell into the sea of ghosts)
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to know something much more impurrtant than the fact that every1 with eyes could had seen this coming...is not like we had Skyrim re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-release... so back to the topic at hand...when the Siland explodes and Kaalgrontiid dies..HOW ON EARTH U CAN SEE THE FALLOUT TILL SKYRIM FROM THE OTHER HALF OF THE DAMN CONTINENT BUT U CANT SEE IT ANYWHERE ELSE WHERE IS CLOSER??? LIKE GRAHTWOOD OR CYRODILL...ANYWHERE ELSE!?!?!?!?! oh my immersion!

Maybe it was seen elsewhere. *cough* who knows. Just so happens that nord had his video camera set up on a tripod when it happened.
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭
    Lady_Linux wrote: »
    The Wolf Queen anyone? aka Potema? not the ghost of Potema but the actual Potema?

What era are we in?

Potema Septim, also known as the Wolf Queen, was a Queen of Solitude in Skyrim's hold of Haafingar during the Third Era. She was the daughter of Pelagius Septim II and Quintilla.[1] Her efforts to claim the Ruby Throne resulted in the War of the Red Diamond, which only ended with her death

Tiber Septim hasn't even been born yet. We are far far far to early for Potema.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WTF that's my map. I totally forgot I made that. Must have been early 2011 during the initial coverage of TESV, when we were discussing it on the old Bethesda forums. I even drew that little sea serpent because at the time we thought Nordic sea faring lore would play a bigger role. We didn't even know the proper hold borders back then.
    I miss that gang. Good times.

What a weird thing to stumble across here. Maybe I still have the file so I can check the actual date later.

As for which area the chapter will cover, The Reach is probably out because it's not part of Skyrim at the time of ESO. And if Elsweyr is anything to go by, they probably won't combine western (Haafingar, Hjaalmarch, Whiterun, Falkreath) and eastern (The Pale, Winterhold) holds. My guess is the chapter will cover parts of the west and the Q4 DLC the east, although The Pale and Winterhold combined would make a decent chapter size.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »
    You can celebrate now
    https://youtu.be/AfeR8KaQWRs
    2:11

I don't care who called it...shut up and take my money.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thrilled that they're doing western Skyrim. I'll buy it on release day and enjoy the heck out of it.

The haters can just sulk and be crabby all day. You didn't get what you wanted this time around ... too bad. You're playing an Elder Scrolls game. You KNEW they'd do western Skyrim one day.