The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vampires will have something to do with the next expansion

Noxavian
Noxavian
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I can certainly see vampires having something to do with the next expansion if it's titled "The Dark Heart Of Skyrim"

My money is on something vampire related tbh. I really don't think they'd do another Daedric prince. Thoughts? Idk, the Dark Heart of skyrim just sounds so gothic/vampire-like to me.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mentioned this on the other thread about the possiblity of Meridia being the big bad. How they could maybe tie the Dawnguard into it.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/504358/next-chapter-involves-volkihar-vampire-clans-formation/p5

But I do hope we do get something vampire related but I do hope they will not be the big bad. Hopefully we will get Dawnguard, but I would really like to see them reverse the roles as them being the central villians along with a plot from the Daedric Prince of Living Energies Meridia. Maybe attempting to Purify the World with the Temple of Meridia.

Edited by Thevampirenight on December 13, 2019 5:08AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guess is black reach
    Its in the middle of skyrim or at its heart
    And its kinda dark down there...
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mentioned this on the other thread about the possiblity of Meridia being the big bad. How they could maybe tie the Dawnguard into it.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/504358/next-chapter-involves-volkihar-vampire-clans-formation/p5

But I do hope we do get something vampire related but I do hope they will not be the big bad. Hopefully we will get Dawnguard, but I would really like to see them reverse the roles as them being the central villians along with a plot from the Daedric Prince of Living Energies Meridia. Maybe attempting to Purify the World with the Temple of Meridia.

But Meridia hates the undead which includes vampires? My money is also on black reach but maybe the vampire storyline ties into this...maybe we fight on meridias side once more against the vampires
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dark heart of skyrim might mean blackreach
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't buy a bunch of gold Vamp Lord rings for no reason
    Edited by NBrookus on December 13, 2019 5:16AM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But Meridia hates the undead which includes vampires? My money is also on black reach but maybe the vampire storyline ties into this...maybe we fight on meridias side once more against the vampires

Vampires are not really undead here is why, Its a transitory condition. What it means is the body goes through a process that transitions it into a death like state. However that Death like State is really False. Unless you do what the briarhearts have gone through with the body of someone they can't be resurrected at all. Unless they have that special quality the vestige has. Death means death. One the body is dead and the soul departs that person can't be brought back to life.

What Meridia hates is False Life, Dead Moving around. Maybe Dwemer Constructs and Robot people. But Vampires are not False Life, they are the opposite False Dead and this can be seen in the way they can still eat, still be healed by living healing magic and can even drown. I can imagine Briarhearts being more of an abomination to her just because they are false life and also undead literally. Even as a vampire in the game she doesn't react to you. I think Redguards as well recognize the fact that Vampire are false dead as well.
    As they were more then willing to kill the vampire lady if you spared her life in the redguard Desert or something and they consider it a vile curse to strike at the dead. But Vampires are not Dead, they are falsely dead. This is why the vampire cure works because if they were not false dead and actually reanimated corpses like the general public believes the cure would be impossible. Because the methods needed to bring a person back to life actually doesn't work unless its like with a vestige or through a ritual to replace the heart of the body with something like the briarheart and even then they would be undead while still acting and looking like they are alive.
    Now the reason why Turn undead effects work on them while at times not working at all on them is because of the fact that Vampires appear to be dead walking around. That is the trick to them. Since they appear dead to the world the magic works. But make no mistake that their death state is false. They are actually still living beings transitioned to be the opposite of life. But not cut off from life. Meridia didn't seem to mind fleshy experiments performed on living people while keeping them alive. Since they are actually technically still alive. I don't think they go on her abominations list quite like other undead do.

Undeath would be Lich wraiths zombies and other undead. Since they were transitioned either back to mundus to walk as a spirt or their ghost was placed back into their bodies after they died. But count as being dead.

False Death would be what the vampire is in Elder Scrolls Since they transitioned from life instead of death. But count as still living aka alive though they might not appear to be. Only the dead can really rot. Vampires do not rot or appear to rot.

False Life would be something like the Reachman Briar Hearts, Though they would be undead too. They would appear to be living and breathing because of the briarheart being itself a living thing. Thus makes the body act like its alive with full on living energies and everything.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on December 13, 2019 6:08AM
    PC NA
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not trust meridia.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they won't.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    No they won't.

Just like the people that said earlier this week that we were wrong about Skyrim being the next chapter, I will make a post laughing at you when vampires are indeed related in some shape or form to the next chapter.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind, there is a note in Southern Elsweyr that *really* seems to hint Meridia will be an upcoming antagonist.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:J'saad's_Note

This references her beacon, the events of Summerset with Darien and ends on a rather eerie statement.

I'd be very surprised if Meridia doesnt play a big role in 2020
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope l, we get to see Serena :heart:
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind, there is a note in Southern Elsweyr that *really* seems to hint Meridia will be an upcoming antagonist.

This references her beacon, the events of Summerset with Darien and ends on a rather eerie statement.

I highly doubt Meridia would play an antagonist given our past interaction with her, fighters guild and her presence in the past adventures.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm up for blackreach for several reasons, one being mentioned in both latest chapter and dlc, datamines etc. Plus I really just trust quest npc's on things like that, all previous years it was painfully obvious.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May they all be on fire
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love a chance to whoop Meridia's behind after the main quest line and Summerset. Bring her on!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

I highly doubt Meridia would play an antagonist given our past interaction with her, fighters guild and her presence in the past adventures.

Meridia has been an antagonist in the past - she's the one behind the Knights of the Nine bad guy in Oblivion.

That being said, you bring up a good point. ZOS can make her an antagonist now, pleasing players who dislike her for her treatment of Darien...but only at the expense of new players doing the quests out of order being terribly confused about why she's an enemy in newer content and a friend in earlier content that they approached in reverse order.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well she is a deadric lord, she may seen like an ally but its because it suit her agenda. She will be an antagonist when her goal wont go un the same dirrection as ours
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    I can certainly see vampires having something to do with the next expansion if it's titled "The Dark Heart Of Skyrim"

My money is on something vampire related tbh. I really don't think they'd do another Daedric prince. Thoughts? Idk, the Dark Heart of skyrim just sounds so gothic/vampire-like to me.

Its that or blackreach or even both could work togeter if done right

I think both option cam make for a great storyline but i would prefer black reack if they add falmer wich arent present in eso even in eastmarch/riften dwemer ruin wich defenitly had falmer in skyrim and they are suppose to be down there in the ruin somewhere...
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am almost sertain there will be something related to vampires, probably Dungeon DLC. Because in july of 2019 were datamined some vampire related stuff, some of it appeared at witchers festival event, but some still didn't apeared in the game, such as:
    • Long-winged bat pet
      aw_crwn_pets_longwingedbat_1x1.jpg
    • Thrall's arterial map face marks
      aw_crwn_fm_thrallsarterialmap_ivt_9970_1x1.jpg
    • Thrall's arterial map body marks
      aw_crwn_bm_thrallsarterialmap_9722_1x1.jpg
    But, i think, most of the year will be about Falmers and their underground dungeons.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Meridia hates is False Life, Dead Moving around. Maybe Dwemer Constructs and Robot people. But Vampires are not False Life, they are the opposite False Dead and this can be seen in the way they can still eat, still be healed by living healing magic and can even drown.
    Vampires are considered as False Life by any sources. Vampires can't be healed by common healing spells, they need special Necromantic Healing spell (includes Restore Health to Undead effect and Heals the undead target description). Souls of vampires can't be seen by using Detect Life spell, they are visible only to Detect Dead spell. Also you can learn much from Serana: 1) Vampires aren't counted among the living. 2) (about Valerica in Soul Cairn) I can't imagine living here. Or... being dead here. 3) (about Valerica) I can't believe we found my mother alive... well, you know what I mean.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

Naw
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, we'll get so have blood slushies! xD
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    What Meridia hates is False Life, Dead Moving around. Maybe Dwemer Constructs and Robot people. But Vampires are not False Life, they are the opposite False Dead and this can be seen in the way they can still eat, still be healed by living healing magic and can even drown.
    Vampires are considered as False Life by any sources. Vampires can't be healed by common healing spells, they need special Necromantic Healing spell (includes Restore Health to Undead effect and Heals the undead target description). Souls of vampires can't be seen by using Detect Life spell, they are visible only to Detect Dead spell. Also you can learn much from Serana: 1) Vampires aren't counted among the living. 2) (about Valerica in Soul Cairn) I can't imagine living here. Or... being dead here. 3) (about Valerica) I can't believe we found my mother alive... well, you know what I mean.

Some Strains might be resistant to healing, but yet vampires could heal themselves, and be effected by healing magic normal healing magic in Oblivon and Skyrm and Online. They can eat and drink. Detect Living worked on Forsworn briarhearts in Skyrim for example but were also effected by Turn undead. Vampires were not even classed as undead in Morrowind or Oblivon. Were not even on the list for undead. Plus were not effected by Turn undead in either of those games as I recall. They changed that in Skryim I think mainly for the Detect Dead Spell. But also to make Turn Undead more useful. But the idea that they are not false life I explained above but I will go more in depth.

Vampirism works like this, when the disease is passed on through bites or drain magic, if the vampire extended its fangs down fast in thirst. It can accidentally bite into the lip and get vampire blood onto the fangs which I do think its a requirement of infection maybe that is my own head canon but I think it makes sense otherwise every person fed on would become vampires. When the vampire bites the victim. The vampire blood spreads like an infection or in the case of SKyrim vampires the vampiric drain magic drains health while some of the magic transfers some vampiric essence and that causes the infection either way. It works like this I think because without the accident blood transfer or essence transfer the condition can't be passed on. Plus biting someone and drinking their blood isn't enough to make one a vampire there would have to be some cross process with some the vampires blood to make it work.

Vampirism doesn't kill the victim its transitionary. As the definition of that change or passage from one state or stage to another. the period of time during which something changes from one state or stage to another.That is what vampirism does. So when the vampire infection spreads throughout the body what it does is starts to transition it, the incubation takes at least three to four days as the blood is altered the bloody starts transitioning to be less life like including growth or bone alterations that add in retractable fangs and heart beat likely going down to until the point it stops beating once the process is complete it can't be cured by cure disease potion and you have to find another means of undoing it at that point . Even Lamae Bal herself wasn't killed but actually was still alive as shown in Eso when she transitioned into a vampire. So Vampirism does not kill and reanimate the body as the body is transitioned into an altered state but not reanimated. Process can be reversed if you have the right materials and alchemy skill or a soul gem to bargain with the powers of oblivion to remove it. Or have purge salts which I can imagine are very very rare.

Another reason why the vampires disease does not kill the victim and reanimate them in elder scrolls thus undead false life unless its the Strain we have in the game that has that weird ability to do that and create blood fiends which are basically vampiric zombies and not actual vampires. Is because once your truly dead, you stay dead in Elder Scrolls reality unless you are special somehow. This is a side effect of the process that made mortals. Even Aedra work this way. WIthout the ability for normal mortals to be resurrected vampirism cure cannot work to resurrect someone. But they can be reanmated corpses in the form of a necromancer useing necromancy on a slain vampire then making a reanimated corpse vampire. Even though vampires can't age do to their death like state they are still mortal so killing them will not cause them to go to a coffin and reform they are not d&d vampires. So death to a vampire is permanent too and also they are still subject to having their bodies enslaved just like anyone else. So they are not immune to the resurrection rules of the reality either.

Still on the topic of resurrection Daedra can respawn or be revived. This is how Soul Shriven and vestiges work. Unless A mortal like The wolf queen for example has some form of Daedric animus tied to them along with their soul to make the resurrection possible. I think it was mentioned or implied that she became some sort of daedra in Skyrim that is why we had to stop her from getting to her remains as she could really come back. Without the daedric aspect only thing close to Resurrection in a way is Necromancy but it can only bring one back into an undead state. The forsworn rite that turns some into briarhearts is another way but they are undead and mirror vampires but are granted a new life like heart that makes them appear to be alive. This also is the same for the heart stones in dragonborn dlc they make the person appear to be alive. Like the Fort captain and that one experiment of the telvani wizard.

The reason why vampires can't be classified as False life because they are not dead but altered life in the same way briarhearts are altered dead or undead. This appearance of being dead prevents the normal ageing process. But they don't decay at all, even when very very thirsty and trapped for a long time. They are not immune to drowning, and can handle food and normal healing. Plus they were not classed as undead in either Morrowind or Oblivion but made that way in Skyrim and Eso Oblivion vampire uesp page use to mention this as well that they are not undead but diseased humaniods. Are they undead I would say no. Are they false dead yes. Dead beings can't process food or normal healing. But Vampires are not dead but appear to be dead. So can eat and drink food if they want but they don't get much benefit from it.
    What it is is a disease that alters the body. So false dead is the proper classification for them. For the reasons listed. Another term for it could be called deathlike. But death like does not mean false life.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on December 15, 2019 2:13AM
    PC NA
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    XomRhoK wrote: »
    I am almost sertain there will be something related to vampires, probably Dungeon DLC. Because in july of 2019 were datamined some vampire related stuff, some of it appeared at witchers festival event, but some still didn't apeared in the game, such as:
    • Long-winged bat pet
      aw_crwn_pets_longwingedbat_1x1.jpg
    • Thrall's arterial map face marks
      aw_crwn_fm_thrallsarterialmap_ivt_9970_1x1.jpg
    • Thrall's arterial map body marks
      aw_crwn_bm_thrallsarterialmap_9722_1x1.jpg
    But, i think, most of the year will be about Falmers and their underground dungeons.

Yay I'm looking forward to the bat. Hopefully one day it will be added to the game.
    PC NA
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was also thinking Blackreach with the name, but the hints at Meridia being an antagonist and recent vampiric items make me think that this is also likely. Maybe both will be in store for 2020.

If we do get vampires, I really hope some faces from Rivenspire make an appearance. I'd love to know what they've been up to (and Melina Cassel *did* go to Skyrim at the end of her hireling letters so there is an easy link!)
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some Strains might be resistant to healing, but yet vampires could heal themselves, and be effected by healing magic normal healing magic in Oblivon and Skyrm and Online. They can eat and drink. Detect Living worked on Forsworn briarhearts in Skyrim for example but were also effected by Turn undead. Vampires were not even classed as undead in Morrowind or Oblivon. Were not even on the list for undead. Plus were not effected by Turn undead in either of those games as I recall. They changed that in Skryim I think mainly for the Detect Dead Spell. But also to make Turn Undead more useful. But the idea that they are not false life I explained above but I will go more in depth.
    As it is said on uesp, Detect Life may recognize the briar heart itself, a living thing. It is a good explanation.
    Vampires were classed as undead in Daggerfall: For the first couple days of my undeath, I starved myself while I considered my fate (Vampires of the Iliac Bay). Vampires were also classed as undead in Morrowind: Vampires vary in their substance and power according to their age and accumulated lore, but even the weakest vampire is immeasurably stronger than most other undead. Note: Ash vampires are not vampires, and are not undead. (Legions of the Dead, An informational book on the undead). Vampires even classed as undead in Oblivion: If they kept themselves well-fed, they were indistinguishable from living persons. (Immortal Blood)

Vampirism is a disease. It doesn't mean that it doesn't kill. Vampires have some traces of a living persons (yes, they can eat and drink, some of them can give birth to a child, some of them can even grow from child to adult), yet they are undead enough to be recognized as such by the nature of Soul Cairn.

ESO skill Hunter of the Fighters Guild recognizes vampires as undead (given that Dawnbreaker is gifted by Meridia and is exceptionally effective against vampires, I highly doubt that Meridia sees vampires among the living).
    Even Lamae Bal herself wasn't killed but actually was still alive as shown in Eso when she transitioned into a vampire.
    Have you seen Vastarie? She is a lich, not even a vampire!
    WIthout the ability for normal mortals to be resurrected vampirism cure cannot work to resurrect someone.
    That is not entirely true. Story of Redguard shows us that resurrection is technically possible (if you can place the soul in a correct vessel that they failed to).

You are also ignoring words by those who should know better because those NPCs are vampires themselves: words of Serana, words of Vyrthur (Child, my life ended long before you were born!).
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I expect there will be Vampires. They may be our allies. Volkihar are not the only vampires around at this time. For example, there is also Movarth Piquine. He might be an interesting character to encounter at this stage in his career.

There's always more than one antagonist in a Chapter, so we may get Meridia's new Golden Knight, Vampires, Reachmen, Hagravens, bad Nords and Falmer all at the same time. Maybe one or two daedric cults as well, like Namiira for instance.

Dark Heart sounds more like twisted nature magic to me. Maybe something to do with the Glenmoril Wyrd.

Not sure why people are fixating on Blackreach. There is also a place called Gloomreach that seems to fit the datamine stuff better, as well as having the advantage of not figuring greatly in TES V.

PC EU
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I vote NO on vampires. We do not need Twilight Online.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »
    I vote NO on vampires. We do not need Twilight Online.

Vampires are a big part of Elder Scrolls lore whether you like it or not. Especially if they added in a hunter group for players to join that aren't werewolves or vampires.

If a game has something completely unique to it, especially an MMO in this day and age, it makes total sense for the designers/devs to capitalize on it. In this case, the unique thing is having vampire/werewolf as playable subclasses. No other MMO in existence does such and whether you like it or not, is a selling point for some people. Plus with ES lore, it's a feature that can very much be expanded upon due to how many bloodlines there are and the possibilities of hunter groups like the Dawnguard.

[Edit to remove flame]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on December 16, 2019 12:10AM
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering Molag Bal created vampires, I'm certain Meridian hates vampires...

But I'm hoping there's a quest regarding that abandoned house that was in the game Skyrim.. The one that had the alter to Molag Bal in the basement.
    It would be cool if we could learn how that got there.