The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Horse Training with Cyrodiil Stablemasters

• EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Square252 wrote: »
    Everyone's mount should be scaled to 60 speed and 60 stamina while inside Cyrodiil, and Major Gallop should be added to Battle Spirit as a passive.

Sometimes your ideas are very good, @xylena_lazarow.

Now if you could only choose a better Alliance than EP ... ;)

I hereby demand your blood for the pact!

But back to topic:
    Would be a dream. I hate Cyro with untrained mounts. But it makes the map bigger. Running walking through the intro quest with a 10/10/0 Mount takes forever. But one can enjoy the landscape as long as there is no enemy fraction around :D

What are you doing that you don't get to Cyrodiil for 20 days?
    max_only wrote: »
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    But if I only PvE then there is a chance I'll get salty because you, as a PvP'er, can get something that I cannot because I refuse to partake in all the gameplay options offered.

Yes but AP is given in login rewards. Also every pver has to do pvp once to unlock rapids.

I’m a giant carebear, take a look at my history lol I’d rather they delete pvp than ruin anymore of this game. I know that is unrealistic so I’m trying to get a reward I actually care about.

Since they started giving AP in login rewards, you don't have to do any PVP content for rapids. I still have a level 3 Tyro who has been in Daggerfall since the day I created him. His name is A P Phreely.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new change to how mount stamina is going to work should come with this as a conciliatory gesture. It will still take 3 months to get trained up with my suggestion.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read this and thought "WAIT ? THIS IS IN THE GAME ?" And got excited
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not include ridding lessons on the crafting writ merchant?
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone's mount should be scaled to 60 speed and 60 stamina while inside Cyrodiil, and Major Gallop should be added to Battle Spirit as a passive.

But back to topic:
    Would be a dream. I hate Cyro with untrained mounts. But it makes the map bigger. Running walking through the intro quest with a 10/10/0 Mount takes forever. But one can enjoy the landscape as long as there is no enemy fraction around :D

But if I only PvE then there is a chance I'll get salty because you, as a PvP'er, can get something that I cannot because I refuse to partake in all the gameplay options offered.

Yes but AP is given in login rewards. Also every pver has to do pvp once to unlock rapids.

I’m a giant carebear, take a look at my history lol I’d rather they delete pvp than ruin anymore of this game. I know that is unrealistic so I’m trying to get a reward I actually care about.

Since they started giving AP in login rewards, you don't have to do any PVP content for rapids. I still have a level 3 Tyro who has been in Daggerfall since the day I created him. His name is A P Phreely.

You do have to go to Cyrodiil and do the tutorials there on at least one character to unlock the Alliance skill lines.

That’s some PvP. Not a lot, but some.

So unless simply getting AP kickstarts the Alliance skill lines, you have to do some.

Either way, the whole pony training thing is utter garbage and massively penalises new players/characters.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small qol upgrades create positive feelings when population is frustrated
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But back to topic:

For the Queen
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Why not include ridding lessons on the crafting writ merchant?

That would be fair. I think both would be a neat idea, but they'd have to limit the extra training to either AP or a WV riding lesson, and not both, I think.

Crafting, like PvP, could do with some additional rewards or stuff to spend their currency on.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. I have 18 toons and trained all the mounts. Can we stop with all the "I win" requests. Just level them up it really is not a big deal to wait a little bit.

I spent the time and did it others can too. Otherwise where is my reward for the effort and time I invested?
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »
    No. I have 18 toons and trained all the mounts. Can we stop with all the "I win" requests. Just level them up it really is not a big deal to wait a little bit.

I spent the time and did it others can too. Otherwise where is my reward for the effort and time I invested?

Too funny! Lol people would actually say that too.

Unless you’re serious that 3 month wait instead of 6 month wait is an instant “I win” button.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Unless you’re serious that 3 month wait instead of 6 month wait is an instant “I win” button.

What is ridiculous is having no patience to play and develop a toon and instead want instant gratification all the time.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »

But back to topic:

You do have to go to Cyrodiil and do the tutorials there on at least one character to unlock the Alliance skill lines.

That’s some PvP. Not a lot, but some.

So unless simply getting AP kickstarts the Alliance skill lines, you have to do some.

Either way, the whole pony training thing is utter garbage and massively penalises new players/characters.

I have unlocked rapids on many characters from login rewards. No PVP necessary. Some of my alt accounts have never done any PVP but still have rapids on all characters.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Basically you can train twice a day, once for gold, once for AP. Or you can continue to train the current way: once a day for gold.

These people are genius!
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is ridiculous is having no patience to play and develop a toon and instead want instant gratification all the time.

“I had to suffer through this unnecessary time sink, so everyone else should have to as well”.

What a sad world we live in.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically you can train twice a day, once for gold, once for AP. Or you can continue to train the current way: once a day for gold.

These are good ideas!

Especially now that we need to level horse stamina to a decent level as well as speed.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is certainly the most novel idea to reduce training time I have seen though most just want it given to them. I would do it to shorted mount training time.

I think at the very least we should be able to train with AP. However I doubt Zos will go for the twice a day thing since it would reduce sales of the crown store training. What would be done to replace that revenue?
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO PvP’s true form: horse riding simulator...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh so you’re serious.

Hm.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    This is certainly the most novel idea to reduce training time I have seen though most just want it given to them. I would do it to shorted mount training time.

I think at the very least we should be able to train with AP. However I doubt Zos will go for the twice a day thing since it would reduce sales of the crown store training. What would be done to replace that revenue?

I’m sure there are people who are still too impatient for a 3 month wait.