The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Horse Training with Cyrodiil Stablemasters

max_only
max_only
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Basically you can train twice a day, once for gold, once for AP. Or you can continue to train the current way: once a day for gold.
#FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
#OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
|| CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is an excellent idea. It should be a thing, immediately.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone's mount should be scaled to 60 speed and 60 stamina while inside Cyrodiil, and Major Gallop should be added to Battle Spirit as a passive.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone's mount should be scaled to 60 speed and 60 stamina while inside Cyrodiil, and Major Gallop should be added to Battle Spirit as a passive.

If only... This would be great. Haha. We can keep dreaming.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I should have made a poll
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes your ideas are very good, @xylena_lazarow.

Now if you could only choose a better Alliance than EP ... ;)
  • 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭

right?! I do have a lucky 2h Sword xylena made me when i was a nooblet. I actually killed her one time using it; probably the only time.
    PC/NA

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have nothing to spend AP on. Not even Hakeijo can be bought with AP
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

What. Just buy 100 sieges and siege ALL THE THINGS :)

Sometimes when I'm bored and Zimmeron keeps handing out the wrong scroll quest, I'd siege his sorry ass down just for fun :D

But as for the horse training thing - as awesome as that would be, I seriously doubt that it would ever happen... those Clown Riding Lessons won't sell themselves, you know... :trollface:
  • Square252
    Square252
    ✭✭✭

I hereby demand your blood for the pact!

But back to topic:
    Would be a dream. I hate Cyro with untrained mounts. But it makes the map bigger. Running walking through the intro quest with a 10/10/0 Mount takes forever. But one can enjoy the landscape as long as there is no enemy fraction around :D
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually a really cool idea, I give it an awesome!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But how will I gank those juicy slow riders :p?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basically you can train twice a day, once for gold, once for AP. Or you can continue to train the current way: once a day for gold.

This might artificially drive up participation in Cyrodiil. If they could implement some others incentives to participating in PvP that goes beyond a small time period they could potentially see a real growth there. Of course they would need to fix the current issues experienced in that zone. And hopefully we see that over the next 6 months as they try to address that.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This might artificially drive up participation in Cyrodiil. If they could implement some others incentives to participating in PvP that goes beyond a small time period they could potentially see a real growth there. Of course they would need to fix the current issues experienced in that zone. And hopefully we see that over the next 6 months as they try to address that.

That’s what I was going for as a side benefit
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only people would comment so it stayed a relevant topic
  • CambionDaemon
    CambionDaemon
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly they should just remove the 'once a day' training, and allow you to upgrade as much as you want. Or even better just remove upgrades and have every horse 60/60/60 when you start a new toon.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly they should just remove the 'once a day' training, and allow you to upgrade as much as you want. Or even better just remove upgrades and have every horse 60/60/60 when you start a new toon.

That would certainly be nice, but it would remove the incentive to buy upgrades from the crown store and/or crates. At this point I don’t see any chance they’ll give up the revenue.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

That would certainly be nice, but it would remove the incentive to buy upgrades from the crown store and/or crates. At this point I don’t see any chance they’ll give up the revenue.

Yep, pretty much this.
    Zos looks at it like you'd be taking revenue from them.
    Buy cutting down the 60 day (two month) cycle to half (twice a day training) for each horse training stat, or free, even in Cyrodiil, that gives up the likelyhood of you getting frustrated and opening that wallet of yours.

And since everyone's so hellbent about buying skill lines, we can probably look forward to more lackluster, grindy, boring, poorly optimized skill lines in the future (Psijic skill line says "Hello") with the hope you'll just open that wallet to skip them.

So, I agree, training twice a day or just having mounts maxed in Cyrodiil is a wonderful idea...for us as players. But you'd likely see snow in hell before we see Zos ever risk losing a potential cent over a wonderous QoL change for players.

Just being real about it.
    Edited by Kel on August 25, 2019 8:24AM
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anything to speed up the process is appreciated
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Golden?
    Even Akravi seems to sell well again of late, guess its the motif hunters for the title.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »

What. Just buy 100 sieges and siege ALL THE THINGS :)

Sometimes when I'm bored and Zimmeron keeps handing out the wrong scroll quest, I'd siege his sorry ass down just for fun :D

But as for the horse training thing - as awesome as that would be, I seriously doubt that it would ever happen... those Clown Riding Lessons won't sell themselves, you know... :trollface:

They’d still sell the lessons though. It takes approx 6 months currently, cutting it down to 3 months is still a grind for those impatient enough to buy the lessons from the crown store.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sexy idea
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Golden?
    Even Akravi seems to sell well again of late, guess its the motif hunters for the title.

What title? Style master? I got that before I completed Akaviri though.

There’s furniture I want from Cyrodiil but it’s bound on pickup and you have to be a high pvp rank to purchase it. I’m at rank 4 and I need to be rank 14 I think lol
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the change to mount stamina, adding this would be a nice compromise.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One or the other option is fine, not both on the same day.
    Edited by Hapexamendios on September 19, 2019 5:00AM
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having to train your mount is one of the most godawful pieces of tedium in the game. It massively penalises new players/toons and shows total contempt for them. It makes travel in Tamriel excessively painful and is only good for reminding us how much ZOS must loath new players. Taking 6 months to max out your horseys might have been viable in the pre-One Tamriel, pre log-in rewards days. Now it just shows a game design that doesn’t care to adapt.

Mount speed should be accountwide and should start at 60.60.60

Or if you have to go through the pathetic charade that is mount training, it should take no more than 10 days to get to max stats.

Max_only’s idea is a very good way to help reduce the grind, but maybe like the Golden it should be a once a week thing and should give player’s a week’s worth of riding training at a time - I want players to spend as little time in ‘set up’ and as much time in enjoying the game as possible. The only negative element is that it is doesn’t really help the newer players much as they are least likely to have the AP necessary and will find it most difficult to get. What with low skills and slow ponies (if indeed they have a mount at all).
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Basically you can train twice a day, once for gold, once for AP.

This would be great! QoL upgrade.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    Having to train your mount is one of the most godawful pieces of tedium in the game. It massively penalises new players/toons and shows total contempt for them. It makes travel in Tamriel excessively painful and is only good for reminding us how much ZOS must loath new players. Taking 6 months to max out your horseys might have been viable in the pre-One Tamriel, pre log-in rewards days. Now it just shows a game design that doesn’t care to adapt.

Mount speed should be accountwide and should start at 60.60.60

Or if you have to go through the pathetic charade that is mount training, it should take no more than 10 days to get to max stats.

Max_only’s idea is a very good way to help reduce the grind, but maybe like the Golden it should be a once a week thing and should give player’s a week’s worth of riding training at a time - I want players to spend as little time in ‘set up’ and as much time in enjoying the game as possible. The only negative element is that it is doesn’t really help the newer players much as they are least likely to have the AP necessary and will find it most difficult to get. What with low skills and slow ponies (if indeed they have a mount at all).

I always recommend new players, even those who absolutely detest pvp, do a random daily battleground. You get AP even if you loose, there are good style pages and the exp can bump you up 2 levels sometimes.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But if I only PvE then there is a chance I'll get salty because you, as a PvP'er, can get something that I cannot because I refuse to partake in all the gameplay options offered.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    But if I only PvE then there is a chance I'll get salty because you, as a PvP'er, can get something that I cannot because I refuse to partake in all the gameplay options offered.

Yes but AP is given in login rewards. Also every pver has to do pvp once to unlock rapids.

I’m a giant carebear, take a look at my history lol I’d rather they delete pvp than ruin anymore of this game. I know that is unrealistic so I’m trying to get a reward I actually care about.