The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My Thoughts For ESO 2020 Cool Ideas And More. All Are Welcome. Lets Hear Some Great Ideas.

• Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xzysts wrote: »
    So, I just joined the forums and for awhile wanted to post on here some Ideas I've had for the game and some possible things that could happened for the betterment of the game. Well I've finally joined and here is what I'd like to see in the possible future, or even some kind of spin-offs or similar ideas. I'd love to hear from more of you on this topic and maybe we can all share each other's ideas that could pull in new players, and bring back some of the veteran players as well. Thank you ZOS, for the work you put into this game that so many of us love.

Now, one of the many things I'd like to see are some new weapon skill lines. A Polearm or Spear Weapon line would be pretty could. Crossbows maybe? Now those could be interesting. Perhaps even alteration or illusion magic skill lines too. I had an idea that they could just create a full skill line of each kind of magic, destruction, restoration, alteration, illusion, and conjuration, outside of the weapon skill lines. It would allow them to make more in class stamina abilities for certain classes without taking too much away from magic users in their own class abilities. This would help allow all of the class users that like to use Stamina by opening up new morphs for them within their class skill lines, for instance StamSorc. The skill lines could work with any weapon equipped, which could also allow more potential builds for Hybrid players. I really like this idea, because their will be more diversity for everyone, as well as opening up a ton of new gameplay ideas and mechanics.

I also had another really fun PvP idea in which they make a new campaign in Cyrodiil, but take out the alliance based zones and keeps and open the doors to all of them. You no longer hold keeps, and you are no longer bound to alliance. Make certain keeps "Safe zones" where players can respawn after they die. Basically take Cyrodiil and make it open world free-for-all PVP, still allow group play but minimize group size to 4-6 people. An incentive for playing could be several things, one of which I thought could be cool, is having certain circles pop up on the map and when you go to that location and are inside the circle it grants an AP boost for all of the action that happens within that large area. Therefore it would let players know where battles are happening and offers an incentive for joining along in that area and battling. I feel there is a lot of potential and I know some people will say no and complain about whatever, but it is 100% possible and I think it would be a lot of fun. They could even make this campaign connect to Cyrodiil and have a seemless entry into Sewers. Perhaps even make the "Safe Zone" the upper half of the Imperial city and clear out all the Daedra and furnish it as if the City was never attacked by them. I love this idea so much, it would possibly be quite a bit of work for them, but I feel it could be a great addition into the game... Something fresh and different for a change. After playing for nearly 6 years now on both Xbox and PC, I think a lot of people would love to have some fresh PvP content to choose from. A sewers revival could be a warm welcome as well. Id love to hear any ideas about the game you guys have to share, that you think could be game-changing for the better.

Edit: Now, I don't mean to post again in my own thread so I will just make this an edit, but I recently saw a post on the game lacking some sort of in-game rewards. With this I do agree in a slight context, but it is nobodies fault. On top of what I mentioned about PvP in the above section I find these rewards could be a set of interesting items given to those who spend their time in Player vs. Player zones. The titles and emblems for PvP are great already, but I'd think it would be extremely cool to get a costume, mount, or skin for reaching the highest rank: Grand Overlord. As well as possibly adding in a new set of alliance motifs you could buy with AP once you hit that rank of Grand Overlord. You do in fact already earn the alliance motifs from Imperial Sewers, but I think it could be beneficial to allow Grand Overlord's to purchase their alliance motif with AP, similar to how we can purchase the Akaviri Motif already, but limit this function for those who are max rank. PvP is very fun in this game, but for some people they need an absolute goal to obtain. Following the alliance theme, I think a potential skin to unlock for you alliance upon hitting Grand Overlord, could be your Alliance color in some sort of Skin form. Whether it just looks like Red, Blue, or Yellow body paint on your character or if ZOS has a certain way they would like to pull it off. A possible mount could be an Akaviri War Horse, I am not sure what that would look like, but I'm sure a ZOS artist could come up with something very cool just by hearing the name of the mount. A pet or costume could work as well. I think a costume could be very cool and be unique to the certain alliance that you take part in. I feel a good way to keep people engaged would be to make the alliance rewards different for each faction, for instance, all alliances get a mount, skin, etc but each of their alliance reward is different in their own design etc. Lets say you are an AD Grand Overlord you get the skin and mount, but your skin is obviously Yellow or something related to AD, and your mount is different, lets say it is a Gryphon mount. ON DC HOWEVER, your skin is blue or relates to DC and maybe your mount is a Lion or welwa or something... you can still earn and use the other skins and mounts, but in order to unlock them you have to unlock them under each alliance. I feel this could potentially cut back on so many players stacking into the same alliance over and over, and give them a fresh experience battling in different parts of the map, as well as playing with new and different players. Like I said I think it could be great to have some cool rewards for hitting the highest PvP rank. Feel free to comment your ideas as well. Thanks for reading.

All of this and nothing mentioning re-vamping vampire?

Or at least adding in more bloodlines?

Wack.

As the only MMO with the ability to be vampires, I think it's rather foolish how little the skill line and vampire thematics of the game are. There could easily be more bloodlines, a hunter group (dawnguard), at least 3 more skills to give vamps a full bar of abilities. An entire chapter could be made off of vampires.

While your suggestions are cool, I think it would be a major mistake for ZOS to not capitalize on this. Usually when an MMO has something unique going for it, they use said thing to it's fullest.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would so love to see a proper utilization of the Hammerdeath Arena in the Wayrest area.
    I mean... the NPCs are there, many named, even the Undying Fan (a Bosmer ghost, snicker). Their names and looks instantly suggest their backstories. But the only one with dialog is the trader - you cannot communi ate with any of the others at all!

Such a waste of potential. If the arena is not used like the one in Kvatch (for dailies) or that one in Dominion territory (was it Dominion? It's been so long), it might be used for PvP duels - but I'd prefer it to be a hub for NPC arena fights. I mean, all the NPCs are in place, now please let's add a bunch of quests for them.

That is my ESO wish for 2020.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    @Noxavian Yea, that would be cool. I think they could use a couple other skills and that would be nice. I didn't list all of my ideas, but yea updating vampire would be pretty cool. Even if they copied Skyrim's Vampire Lord transformation instead of bat mist, and then they could just make that be the ulti for Vampire Lord when you are transformed.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
    Community Discord: hK4dFwE7zZ
    All-class player w/over 5,000 hours across multiple platforms
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    @Ye_Olde_Crowe Iwonder if they will ever expand on the regions of Cyrodiil that are not on the map yet. Like Leyawiin and Bravil and all that. It would be cool to see some expansion added to Cyrodiil.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Noxavian Yea, that would be cool. I think they could use a couple other skills and that would be nice. I didn't list all of my ideas, but yea updating vampire would be pretty cool. Even if they copied Skyrim's Vampire Lord transformation instead of bat mist, and then they could just make that be the ulti for Vampire Lord when you are transformed.

Fair enough! I get what you mean man, no problem. I'm glad you think it would be cool though! I've been hoping to get a better, more fleshed out vampire for years now.
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    @Noxavian I mean truly how bad *** would it be to have a transformation for vampire like in Skyrim? Vamipre Lord Set in ESO could actually be pretty useful in that case you know?

(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (5 items) Adds 400 Spell Damage to your Vampire abilities. Reduces the cost of your Vampire abilities by 6%.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I jad high hopes but 5 years later all hopes dead now i just wait with contempt..

I'd love 3rd morphs or branching morphs to our morphs.

Spears, dual wield magic, wand n shield, crossbows, sword and javelin, new staves etc

Motifs without flaps

Content that is actually fun and not so hard only the top 0.0000000001% can get.

Buff of all skills nerfed through the year of the dragon.

Fire the guy in charge we need new blood with ideas not dead horses.

Battlemage

A stam based melee class

A rogue/thief class that isnt a soul sucking blood mage *cough nb

A mage that uses all 3 elements in different skill trees elementalist no pets, bears, etc.

But we all know won't happen costs too much cash to make new stuff fun..
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    So, I just joined the forums and for awhile wanted to post on here some Ideas I've had for the game and some possible things that could happened for the betterment of the game. Well I've finally joined and here is what I'd like to see in the possible future, or even some kind of spin-offs or similar ideas. I'd love to hear from more of you on this topic and maybe we can all share each other's ideas that could pull in new players, and bring back some of the veteran players as well. Thank you ZOS, for the work you put into this game that so many of us love.

Now, one of the many things I'd like to see are some new weapon skill lines. A Polearm or Spear Weapon line would be pretty could. Crossbows maybe? Now those could be interesting. Perhaps even alteration or illusion magic skill lines too. I had an idea that they could just create a full skill line of each kind of magic, destruction, restoration, alteration, illusion, and conjuration, outside of the weapon skill lines. It would allow them to make more in class stamina abilities for certain classes without taking too much away from magic users in their own class abilities. This would help allow all of the class users that like to use Stamina by opening up new morphs for them within their class skill lines, for instance StamSorc. The skill lines could work with any weapon equipped, which could also allow more potential builds for Hybrid players. I really like this idea, because their will be more diversity for everyone, as well as opening up a ton of new gameplay ideas and mechanics.

I also had another really fun PvP idea in which they make a new campaign in Cyrodiil, but take out the alliance based zones and keeps and open the doors to all of them. You no longer hold keeps, and you are no longer bound to alliance. Make certain keeps "Safe zones" where players can respawn after they die. Basically take Cyrodiil and make it open world free-for-all PVP, still allow group play but minimize group size to 4-6 people. An incentive for playing could be several things, one of which I thought could be cool, is having certain circles pop up on the map and when you go to that location and are inside the circle it grants an AP boost for all of the action that happens within that large area. Therefore it would let players know where battles are happening and offers an incentive for joining along in that area and battling. I feel there is a lot of potential and I know some people will say no and complain about whatever, but it is 100% possible and I think it would be a lot of fun. They could even make this campaign connect to Cyrodiil and have a seemless entry into Sewers. Perhaps even make the "Safe Zone" the upper half of the Imperial city and clear out all the Daedra and furnish it as if the City was never attacked by them. I love this idea so much, it would possibly be quite a bit of work for them, but I feel it could be a great addition into the game... Something fresh and different for a change. After playing for nearly 6 years now on both Xbox and PC, I think a lot of people would love to have some fresh PvP content to choose from. A sewers revival could be a warm welcome as well. Id love to hear any ideas about the game you guys have to share, that you think could be game-changing for the better.

Edit: Now, I don't mean to post again in my own thread so I will just make this an edit, but I recently saw a post on the game lacking some sort of in-game rewards. With this I do agree in a slight context, but it is nobodies fault. On top of what I mentioned about PvP in the above section I find these rewards could be a set of interesting items given to those who spend their time in Player vs. Player zones. The titles and emblems for PvP are great already, but I'd think it would be extremely cool to get a costume, mount, or skin for reaching the highest rank: Grand Overlord. As well as possibly adding in a new set of alliance motifs you could buy with AP once you hit that rank of Grand Overlord. You do in fact already earn the alliance motifs from Imperial Sewers, but I think it could be beneficial to allow Grand Overlord's to purchase their alliance motif with AP, similar to how we can purchase the Akaviri Motif already, but limit this function for those who are max rank. PvP is very fun in this game, but for some people they need an absolute goal to obtain. Following the alliance theme, I think a potential skin to unlock for you alliance upon hitting Grand Overlord, could be your Alliance color in some sort of Skin form. Whether it just looks like Red, Blue, or Yellow body paint on your character or if ZOS has a certain way they would like to pull it off. A possible mount could be an Akaviri War Horse, I am not sure what that would look like, but I'm sure a ZOS artist could come up with something very cool just by hearing the name of the mount. A pet or costume could work as well. I think a costume could be very cool and be unique to the certain alliance that you take part in. I feel a good way to keep people engaged would be to make the alliance rewards different for each faction, for instance, all alliances get a mount, skin, etc but each of their alliance reward is different in their own design etc. Lets say you are an AD Grand Overlord you get the skin and mount, but your skin is obviously Yellow or something related to AD, and your mount is different, lets say it is a Gryphon mount. ON DC HOWEVER, your skin is blue or relates to DC and maybe your mount is a Lion or welwa or something... you can still earn and use the other skins and mounts, but in order to unlock them you have to unlock them under each alliance. I feel this could potentially cut back on so many players stacking into the same alliance over and over, and give them a fresh experience battling in different parts of the map, as well as playing with new and different players. Like I said I think it could be great to have some cool rewards for hitting the highest PvP rank. Feel free to comment your ideas as well. Thanks for reading.

I would like to either see private servers. Or adult-only servers 18 and over. And have an under 18 server for the kids and the people that act like kids. I know it would be kinda tough to enforce it. But I'm sure ESO could find away to do it.
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ye_Olde_Crowe Iwonder if they will ever expand on the regions of Cyrodiil that are not on the map yet. Like Leyawiin and Bravil and all that. It would be cool to see some expansion added to Cyrodiil.

Definitely! I would love to see and explore all of Cyrodiil.
    And while we're at it... I'd like to see and meet Lord Imago Storm. I mean, we had a rendez-vous with Nafaalilargus this time around, so why not Imago Storm? He's a Daedra and thus immortal, technically speaking. He was/will be in power during Battlespire times, and there's no reason he shouldn't be active during ESO times.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about for 2020, ZoS hires full time in-house testers and developers so we don’t have to wait months for bugs, servers, and group-finder to get fixed...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Drakavyn_morelock
    Drakavyn_morelock
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree with op here. Iv been playing since launch and on the forums for little over a year now I think. People need to be more postive and less negative
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you play PvP often? I'd love to hear your response.

In my sig: "Warlord Maia Lucetius, Former Empress of Vivec | Breton Templar Healer | AR43 Warlord Grade 1 [PC][NA][EP]"

I don't play often lately because Cyrodiil is essentially non-functional when I try to play. I zone in, immediately put in combat and can't use the transitus shrine.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Wishlist:

- Custom BG matches! Players can create their own lobbies and divide up teams as they please, or have an option to randomize the teams each game. This would give PvP guilds a great option for events (I want to see capture the relic tournaments!), and would probably alleviate the PUGs vs Premades issue a bit.

- Introduce the option to toggle-on player aggression in your house! If players are in a group together, they are automatically tagged "friendly", so you could create your own team vs team scenarios. I imagine some players could get quite creative with turning their house into a PvP slaughter zone.

- Unarmed skill line! My idea for this is for it to be a skill line of powerful passives only, and they're only active when you have no weapons equipped. I imagine it could synergize very nicely with the Psijic skill line.
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    My Wishlist:

- Custom BG matches! Players can create their own lobbies and divide up teams as they please, or have an option to randomize the teams each game. This would give PvP guilds a great option for events (I want to see capture the relic tournaments!), and would probably alleviate the PUGs vs Premades issue a bit.

- Introduce the option to toggle-on player aggression in your house! If players are in a group together, they are automatically tagged "friendly", so you could create your own team vs team scenarios. I imagine some players could get quite creative with turning their house into a PvP slaughter zone.

- Unarmed skill line! My idea for this is for it to be a skill line of powerful passives only, and they're only active when you have no weapons equipped. I imagine it could synergize very nicely with the Psijic skill line.

Yes, I could not agree more. The idea of custom BG matches would be very awesome. You could do 2v1's 4v4's etc basically set up any match how you want. I'd welcome that change. I'd also like to see duels grant AP when winning, but there would need to be some way to cap or stop people from just farming their friends for AP. Maybe if they got diminishing returns on killing the same player like in Cyrodiil, but then also put a limit after 3 duels against the same player no longer grants AP for "x" amount of time.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

Fair enough! I get what you mean man, no problem. I'm glad you think it would be cool though! I've been hoping to get a better, more fleshed out vampire for years now.

Not until we get hide vampirism.
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    Not until we get hide vampirism. [/quote]

Yes that skin is horrible.

-Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's very easy - just use a "skin". One of the best is the "ice rime" skin, which I got from the crown store for 40 gems a while ago. There are a lot of other skins available to elite players by getting certain dungeon achievements, altho many (like that from Cradle of Shadows) are even uglier than the original vamp skin appearance. Polymorphs also work, of course, but I'm assuming that most players want to see their original character appearance that they put time into making look "just right".
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a photo mode!

@xclassgaming, on PC you can set a keybinding (under Controls) to turn the UI off (or on again). This gives you a beautifully clean screen image for screenshots 99% of the time; just zoom out or go into first person view depending on whether you want to include your character (and weapons/effects) or not. The only exception is when you are in a quest with a companion; the companion "group member" icon tends to still be visible onscreen... (Note: I don't know if you can hide the UI text etc. like this on XB1/PS4 consoles or not.)
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    I would love a photo mode!

@xclassgaming, on PC you can set a keybinding (under Controls) to turn the UI off (or on again). This gives you a beautifully clean screen image for screenshots 99% of the time; just zoom out or go into first person view depending on whether you want to include your character (and weapons/effects) or not. The only exception is when you are in a quest with a companion; the companion "group member" icon tends to still be visible onscreen... (Note: I don't know if you can hide the UI text etc. like this on XB1/PS4 consoles or not.)

Thanks for sharing.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's very easy - just use a "skin". One of the best is the "ice rime" skin, which I got from the crown store for 40 gems a while ago. There are a lot of other skins available to elite players by getting certain dungeon achievements, altho many (like that from Cradle of Shadows) are even uglier than the original vamp skin appearance. Polymorphs also work, of course, but I'm assuming that most players want to see their original character appearance that they put time into making look "just right".

The latter part of your response is why I want a human skin,and not this crap they try to shove down our throats.I have plenty of skins.