Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where's the road to Corinthe? To Torval?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Why are new adventure zones turning into fully enclosed regions fully cut off by mountain, water, and other impassable obstacle? Corinthe is a major Khajiiti city, and its literally a skip north of the edge of the Pellitine zone map. However theres nothing but mountain. No roads indicating beaten paths linking Corinthe to Senchal. Its the same thing with Torval to the west and Anequina in general to the north. Khamira said her entourage marched down from Rimmen. How? As far as the game is concerned there are no paths by ground they couldve possibly took unless the hiked over mountains.

I don't care if there are roads that are closed off to us cause its the edge of the playable map. I appreciate them being there. Its world building. It lets me know theres more to the world than just the zone I'm in. It gives me little moments of glee when i see it and realize, "Oh this road goes on to Corinthe! Its in that direction just over those peaks."
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it doesn't make any sense theres no gate house or road leading to Corinthe/Torval like they have for other zones not yet in the game and the problem now is theres little to no room between North and South Elsweyr for two big cities its a shame well probably never see those cities at this rate.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Why are new adventure zones turning into fully enclosed regions fully cut off by mountain, water, and other impassable obstacle? Corinthe is a major Khajiiti city, and its literally a skip north of the edge of the Pellitine zone map. However theres nothing but mountain. No roads indicating beaten paths linking Corinthe to Senchal. Its the same thing with Torval to the west and Anequina in general to the north. Khamira said her entourage marched down from Rimmen. How? As far as the game is concerned there are no paths by ground they couldve possibly took unless the hiked over mountains.

I don't care if there are roads that are closed off to us cause its the edge of the playable map. I appreciate them being there. Its world building. It lets me know theres more to the world than just the zone I'm in. It gives me little moments of glee when i see it and realize, "Oh this road goes on to Corinthe! Its in that direction just over those peaks."

The developers have a lack of imagination!
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oedipus breathed a sigh of relief upon hearing that ESO has no crossroads outside Corinth. :-)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

+1 this. In some ways the little things like this bother me more than the big things, because the little things should be easy to do. :|
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the space between the two zones Im actually confused as to why they didn't just do the extra leg work of including that area into the Chapter or the DLC. Now theyll need to correct all of this when they eventually swing back around to fill in the gaps. By including the two cities, one in each zone they could have avoided this mess.

Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The developers have a lack of imagination![/quote]

ROFL the game has it's flaws but lack of imagination is not one of them.

• Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't be the first time they later retconned a mountain or passage to lead to new content (like dungeon entrances). I guess they didn't want just another closed door that leads to nowhere for a while to not confuse players or set wrong expectations.

For example, if both Northern and Southern Elsweyr would have doors pointing towards each other (with the missing area between), I bet there'd be people complaining about the doors not being function, just because they don't know there's more missing than some invisible space.

And last but least: They could always move the zones on the map around a bit to make more room for something to squeeze in.
    Edited by Smaxx on December 9, 2019 6:19PM
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the space between the two zones Im actually confused as to why they didn't just do the extra leg work of including that area into the Chapter or the DLC. Now theyll need to correct all of this when they eventually swing back around to fill in the gaps. By including the two cities, one in each zone they could have avoided this mess.

I think the answer to that can be summed up in: Ebonheart Pact main storyline greatly affects The Mane and one of those cities is the main seat of The Mane.

I think they wanted to spare themselves further headaches from past player choices and simply chose not to include them. It would also have mean two (or three) big cities to animate rather than one, in a DLC. Only DLC I can think of with more than one sizeable city in DB and both of those are nowhere near as big as Senchal. Even chapters such as Summerset or Morrowind only have one big city iirc.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the answer to that can be summed up in: Ebonheart Pact main storyline greatly affects The Mane and one of those cities is the main seat of The Mane.

I think they wanted to spare themselves further headaches from past player choices and simply chose not to include them. It would also have mean two (or three) big cities to animate rather than one, in a DLC. Only DLC I can think of with more than one sizeable city in DB and both of those are nowhere near as big as Senchal. Even chapters such as Summerset or Morrowind only have one big city iirc.

Its the Aldmeri Dominion Storyline that focuses on the Mane. Unless the EP storyline has been significantly changed I can't recall a single instance where anyone in the EP even knew who or what the Mane was.

As for the choice made by the player. It's not like ZOS doesn't have options when it comes to the story they tell. They can easily not confront the choice and simply keep the Lunar Champion busy elsewhere far away from the players eyes.

One way or another they are going to need to add 2 cities to a zone. Now theyll have to shove it into that thin strip instead of adding it to the two projects they already worked through.
    Edited by Nomadic_Atmoran on December 12, 2019 4:20PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were twins. Just give them a Mane outfit and always refer to them as "Mane" or some other honorific. Never let the PC or any NPC call them by name (Khali or Shazah).

Khali-Shazah.png

ETA: Actually I can't imagine that the decision isn't recorded in the database for each PC. The PC should be able to refer to them by name even if the NPC model has to be the same for either.
    Edited by Number_51 on December 13, 2019 6:01PM
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO-World-Map-Tamriel.jpg

Yeah that little area, like what are they going to do with that? Also they have a tiny area in between the Rift and Vvardenfell. The chapter could have included that area, who cares if you have three major(ish) cities in one update?

EDIT- or they could do some sort of mini-zone sometimes and sub out a dungeon DLC.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on December 14, 2019 1:31AM
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What botters me more is that north of cormount if you take the gatehouse to the north you end up north east in nothern elsweyr but if you take the small cave goind to the north east you end up north in reapers march!
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s going to be the prologue zone for the next chapter. Basically You’ll find Sai, he’ll be like “Lyris has sent word from Skyrim, you need to do some sort of fetch quest to get hyped for Skyrim”. At least that’s what I hope for.
  • Darios_Heliodromos
    Darios_Heliodromos
    ✭✭✭
    What botters me more is that north of cormount if you take the gatehouse to the north you end up north east in nothern elsweyr but if you take the small cave goind to the north east you end up north in reapers march!

This bothers me as well. Go northeast through the cave and end up in Reaper's March and if you go due north you end up northeast in Anequina.

Especially with the Season of the Dragon having been concluded, I'm really hoping that the devs will address this.