The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Transfer my ESO steam account to non-steam.

ofekkingking
ofekkingking
Soul Shriven
I know there are many discussions here about that but i could not find my answer.
I own the base ESO on steam and i want to buy the Elsweyr standard edition with all the DLC's from the ESO site.
after i buy the game i will be able to play with my steam character? (if i link my steam account)
Edited by ofekkingking on December 11, 2019 7:02PM
  • Tebari
    Tebari
    ✭✭
    I originally purchased the base game through Steam and had a horrible time with Steam and ESO not playing nice together. I purchased a second copy through the ESO store when it was on sale and my Steam characters and everything were there when I log in using the non-Steam launcher. The only bad part was I had to re-download the game to launch it without Steam.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you log into your account at
    Elder scrolls online website
    (Was going to put link here...but never trust links that lead to Acct Sign Ins...lol)
    Does it only give you option to download a Steam version of the game or the PC version?
    If it has the PC download at bottom of your Acct just download that...
  • ofekkingking
    ofekkingking
    Soul Shriven
    If you log into your account at
    Elder scrolls online website
    (Was going to put link here...but never trust links that lead to Acct Sign Ins...lol)
    Does it only give you option to download a Steam version of the game or the PC version?
    If it has the PC download at bottom of your Acct just download that...

I download the game again through the site and i cant log-in to my account (because i still don't own the game)
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets we put aside the fact that you need to buy the game twice. When you buy non steam version for your account you will be able to use the non steam version of the game launcher
  • InAMinute
    InAMinute
    ✭✭
    You can do this, it's what I did. I brought the base game + Morrowind/Summerset on Steam, but everything else has been brought through the web site here.

IIRC you need to create an account on elderscrollsonline.com (not the forums but the main site) and then there is the ability to link this account to your steam one (there will be the usual amount of checks by steam to ensure you are you :smile: ). Once done then anything you buy here is applied to your steam account.

I have brought eso+, crowns and Elswyer this way with no problems.
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Long story short: there is nothing to "transfer". You don't even need to re-download the game contrary to what someone said above -- I've only ever installed the game once. You simply find the launcher in your Steam files and create a shortcut to it; or even add it to Steam as a non-Steam app if you want to use the overlay while you're playing.

The only difference is that now you'll have to type in your password manually every time you launch the game, instead of Steam logging in for you. That's it.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tatanko wrote: »
    Long story short: there is nothing to "transfer". You don't even need to re-download the game contrary to what someone said above -- I've only ever installed the game once. You simply find the launcher in your Steam files and create a shortcut to it; or even add it to Steam as a non-Steam app if you want to use the overlay while you're playing.

The only difference is that now you'll have to type in your password manually every time you launch the game, instead of Steam logging in for you. That's it.

That is not entirely correct. What you are describing only works for Steam users who bought the game before autumn of 2017 (iirc). ZOS changed the way their account system interacts with Steam after that and any accounts created after this change are not able to log in without going through Steam.
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    That is not entirely correct. What you are describing only works for Steam users who bought the game before autumn of 2017 (iirc). ZOS changed the way their account system interacts with Steam after that and any accounts created after this change are not able to log in without going through Steam.
    Nope. I bought the game in January 2018.

I'm not suggesting you don't need to buy a second copy of the game -- you absolutely do. But that's it, you don't need to do ANYTHING else.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clarify, once you buy the game from ZOS, you can point your current install to the ZOS portal and not the Steam Portal.

And, i saw a splash announcement that the game is 67% off through ZOS. Not sure on the details though.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tatanko wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »
    Nope. I bought the game in January 2018.

I'm not suggesting you don't need to buy a second copy of the game -- you absolutely do. But that's it, you don't need to do ANYTHING else.

Ah, in that case yes. If you buy the game for the second time through ZOS that works. :)
  • Alexeus
    Alexeus
    What if i bought eso+ and greymoor all on steam but want to play without it? Will i still have acces to all that if i buy just the base non-steam game?
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    Alexeus wrote: »
    What if i bought eso+ and greymoor all on steam but want to play without it? Will i still have acces to all that if i buy just the base non-steam game?

As far you login with the same ESO account in steam or non steam vice versa nonproblem, all still intact. However as per my best understanding once your ESO account connects/linked to your steam account , it is permanent unless you seek help from ESO customer service to unlink it.

Btw I always login with my steam linked ESO account on steam and there is no issue, why want to play without it anyway?

https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK, you have to submit a ticket to ESO to remove the link between Steam and your game.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My initial purchase of ESO was on Steam and I still pay for eso plus through steam. I don't remember which chapters I bought (if any) through Steam and which I bought directly (Greymoor was direct). Prior to the summer of 2018, my account was hard linked to steam and could not be logged into without Steam authentication. I bought an additional copy of the base game at that time, in part because of repeated issues with Steam authentication. Since then, with no service ticket on my side, I have been able to login both via Steam and bypassing it if necessary.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NewbieOKS wrote: »

As far you login with the same ESO account in steam or non steam vice versa nonproblem, all still intact. However as per my best understanding once your ESO account connects/linked to your steam account , it is permanent unless you seek help from ESO customer service to unlink it.

Btw I always login with my steam linked ESO account on steam and there is no issue, why want to play without it anyway?

There have been incidents where Steam players couldn't log in and play, for multiple hours of time, while non-steam players were having no problems at all. The problems were on Steam's side of things.

I have a lot of games on steam. I would never link ESO to my steam account.
    Edited by JKorr on April 15, 2020 6:00PM