The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Seriously ZOS You still havent fixed the Finder

Stratti
Stratti
✭✭✭✭✭
I paid my 12month ESO Plus up front, what a mistake.

As a tank I am now waiting in queue for the pledges , the non-dlc VET pledges. Somehow ZOS have managed to break the one thing that ALL MMO have in common: Tank queues are instant because we are in short supply. Somehow, Someway they made is so it does not work - probably to slow the whole system down. Pathetic and when is it going to be fixed. No doubt they will ban any dissenting voices but this is unacceptable and beyond a joke.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clearly right now all the fake tanks are skewing the system.

DD queues are popping left, right and centre.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My advise, bud: queue pledges with your friends or your guild mates or even random people from zone chat (undaunted hq areas such as Wayrest, Elden Root and Mournhold always have a lot of players searching for the same thing) - it's the best option imo.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advise, bud: queue pledges with your friends or your guild mates or even random people from zone chat (undaunted hq areas such as Wayrest, Elden Root and Mournhold always have a lot of players searching for the same thing) - it's the best option imo.

In theory. In practice friends may have ran it already, you get on late what have you. If Tanks stop queing then what?
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Queue time for random normal on healer atm for me is either 30+ minutes or instant. Just give it a few tries basically.

Was in an instance with 2 other folks looking for a replacement DD from nearly the beginning of the dungeon on. Was a fairly slow run. We never got a replacement DD. No way in hell are there no DDs queued for random normal. :D
    Edited by Raisin on December 10, 2019 2:10PM
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experiences may differ. My personal experience this weekend using the group finder was surprisingly great (on PC/NA). I solo queued for BG's all weekend. Never waited more than 10 minutes (most queues were 5 min or less). Didn't get stuck on a loading screen a single time, and every match began within 30 seconds. Went up against premades a few times but overall matchmaking seemed fine. The only big issue I saw was that there are still often incomplete teams that remain incomplete for the entire match. I saw teams of 1 at least 3 times. Still, it's nice to be able to queue up and just get into some PVP. Still not perfect but an improvement for sure.
  • selvis
    selvis
    Soul Shriven
    Dungeon finder has been a struggle for me as well lately. It's not as bad if I que solo, but if I'm trying to run with 1-2 friends it's a nightmare. Last night I started on a dps queing with another dps after 20 minutes with no dungeons, I switch to tank and re-que.

So, it's my tank and another DPS in que for about 25 minutes before we leave que and re-enter a random. We enter que again and it pops instantly. Ok, I'll take it.

Get inside dungeon and it's vMoonHunter Keep. Healer leaves immediately, so we start killing trash hoping lfg tool is searching for a healer. After a few adds, we kill first boss, check our guild chats and can't find anyone to help. The group finder doesn''t let you leave and re-que at this point and nothing pops up on screen asking leader to start looking for the person that left.

We disband group and I send my DPS friend a group invite. I try to que us for random vet and it says I've been qued for 20 minutes and have to sign off and back on to enter que. At this point I pack it in for the night and wish my friend better luck. PS4 NA
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it working correctly and perhaps just more people have left the game than anyone realizes? After reading all the threads about guilds losing many members perhaps that is the issue?
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dungeon finder has a bug where you can sit in queue for an hour( random high number i pulled) in any role. Has had it for a year? two years? maybe more. To fix you leave DF and requeue. I have a set time i wait in queue before requeueing:

Tank: 90 seconds
    Heals: 5 min
    DPS: 20 min.

This is on PC NA and with the population around an average for the day with no events running. I adjust for things like events, peak, late night, etc. The most i have had to leave and enter queue again is 2 times( third try is the charm). Your results may vary.I should note that this is not random queues but specific dungeons( 1-4 selected at a time) The dungeons selected depend on what im in the mood for and if i need something from them. You should have better results with random. Also not vet dungeons so you will need to adjust for how popular vet dungeons are on your server.

As a tank i typically need to wait no more than 30 sec.
    As heals i typically need to wait no more than 3 min.
    As DPS i typically need to wait no more than 15 min.
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    B
    Is it working correctly and perhaps just more people have left the game than anyone realizes? After reading all the threads about guilds losing many members perhaps that is the issue?

If only this was the case, in a word no. If a dps leaves or is kicked by group it can take a long time to find replacement, so the group finder is saying that no dps waiting to join a vet dungeon which is daily pledge?? No, something is definitely off. We waited 15 mins yesterday, switched crown and requeued, got replacement immediately. Somethin* is broken.
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso101rus wrote: »
    B

If only this was the case, in a word no. If a dps leaves or is kicked by group it can take a long time to find replacement, so the group finder is saying that no dps waiting to join a vet dungeon which is daily pledge?? No, something is definitely off. We waited 15 mins yesterday, switched crown and requeued, got replacement immediately. Somethin* is broken.

I have been observing this and I can tell you my 'opinion' is they have tried to artificially manipulate the finder. If I queue for just 1 it doesn't pop, If I remove a dps then it takes ages. If I queue for something that is not a pledge, even as a tank then it will not work. Plainly ZOS do not care about this issue, at all. They have had weeks to fix it and have not bothered to roll back the mistakes they made.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several times today waited for a while as a healer queued with a tank for vet pledges. Sometimes one would pop right away but one of the DPS didn’t hit ‘ready’ so back in the queue to wait... and wait... This particular problem at least can often be solved by leaving queue and requeuing. What I find most frustrating is not knowing whether the group finder is having issues or there are just a lot more healers queuing, which is certainly possible.
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭
    Experiences may differ. My personal experience this weekend using the group finder was surprisingly great (on PC/NA). I solo queued for BG's all weekend. Never waited more than 10 minutes (most queues were 5 min or less). Didn't get stuck on a loading screen a single time, and every match began within 30 seconds. Went up against premades a few times but overall matchmaking seemed fine. The only big issue I saw was that there are still often incomplete teams that remain incomplete for the entire match. I saw teams of 1 at least 3 times. Still, it's nice to be able to queue up and just get into some PVP. Still not perfect but an improvement for sure.

"Surprisingly great" on ESO now equates to a matchmaker that can't consistently cobble twelve people together for a single Battleground.
    That's a pretty sad state of affairs at this point in the game's life, don't you think?
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe tanks won't be so quick to leave now if they pop a dungeon they don't like and leave the poor DD hanging. :-p

Sorry couldn't resist that dig, i'm not bitter or anything. Honest.
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »
    Maybe tanks won't be so quick to leave now if they pop a dungeon they don't like and leave the poor DD hanging. :-p

What is more likely is we form the habit of building premade groups and bypassing it all together. Then where will that leave you??
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »

As an experienced tank I can tell you what tanks see in the first pull of a dungeon or indeed even before that first pull......vet dungeon group finder is not the place to learn how to play the game. There are way too many dps that simply don’t know how to play, eg, stamina dk dw and bow using engulfing flames. Yes I saw this within the last hour... honestly ive seen far worse. And it isn’t just a case of seeing pvp builds in pve content, there is genuinely people who don’t get how to play and build, which means a dodgy group finder isn’t going to help. 😂😂😂