The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Five Years of Good Memories (ESO anniversary) #AndOfCourseThereWillBeSomeSpoilers

• RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cmon there's gotta be more than just these for wonderful memories about eso. I'm sure many were in awe of how castle sieges went, or when the staging grounds for the final assault on molag bal were reinforced.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    (Pets can be funny. xD Puppy wants to play with Meridias light.)
    ouC52Fk.jpg

*snip*

Good memories and screenshots - the one with the puppy is my favorite. There are some characters who never got the same treatment as the most often recurring ones that would be cool to see again. That could be a whole new thread...

Aznarb wrote: »
    I played since around 5 month, mostly solo, so I don't have that many memories like you ^^

I was happy to trying to solo some World Boss (and getting rekt) and then even more happy later when I kick his a** !
    I'd lot of fun discovering dungeon with PUG even if sometime it was quit a mess.
    I encounter in PUG some nice people who'r now in my friendlist and some who take time to teach to the noob I'm (Yeah I'm still inb some dg) many dg mechanic.

I recently as lot of fun sneaking in all enemy position in Cyrodiil doing quest + book/shard, got all, get killed only one time ! And by.. My self.. You know.. Yolo horse.. jump.. oh [snip] that high.. kind of thing..
    :blush:

I've test lot of char to finaly fall in love for my templar healer, I'm still with him, clearing all quest, shard, dg, etc.. on world map. I start to see the end !

And here you can find some Screen I take (I should have take more to be honest) from my adventure :
    https://imgur.com/a/ln83Iy8

You are already making the memories! :) It's now how old they are but how much they mean to you. (And to your examples: clearing all delves, lorebooks, fishing, and skyshards from Cyrodiil is a right of passage for characters that want to make it to the next level in the hierarchy of my toons.)

Alowishus wrote: »
    Early Access here and still playing!
    1. "Is Balreth bugged? Is there a workaround?"

2. How are all these toons teleporting to the nodes???
    Wow a GM!
    *POOF* (teleporting bot toon gone)

3. WTS Daedric Motif 60k

4. Daen Seeth Dolmen is up!
    Need help at Daen Seeth Dolmen

Plus so many more memories!

Yup. Some of those might have been me (except selling anything in zone, let alone for 60k). At least unlike Doshia, you could team up Balreth. He seemed like such a huge obstacle to overcome. Or do you remember the fight with Fildgor Orcthane? Some players thought he was uneatable in the month or two after launch, and it did take me several tries the first time to figure out.

Experiencing the utter joy of the Infinite Craft Bag and the release of crafting daily bondage and inventory control.
    Still have inventory issues :/

RavenSworn wrote: »
    Here since beta, had a few months off here and there due to burnout. I have to say one of the best moments I've had was to play a Stam nb when the game first launched.

There was so much... Trouble when you had to fight more than 3 mobs. Hell, come to delves, the bosses were hard, and these were delves! But the fact that I could manage to solo, during a time when there weren't self heals except for Killers blade or reapers mark was an awesome achievement for myself. I remember needing to cloak to stop casting casters, had to buff up while dodge rolling and all the while wielding the two hander. Dual wield wasn't quite as good as it is right now.

I remember perching on top of a cliff, overlooking the rest of the land, be it in bleak rock, auridon or Al akir and be at awe of how the game looked. The screenshots I took were to me, one fo the best in terms of gaming shots.

Of course, I ambushed and surprised attacked my way in dungeons, getting weird tells noting how... Inefficient my gameplay is. But I was always the last one standing, ressing everyone else. (it is inefficient, I just didn't know it yet haha). But I got friends, got a guild up, got some more new players to help out.

That's the best memories I've had. I love going on runs with new peeps and showing them the ropes. Sometimes, people forget basic stuff and just go for advanced courses without even knowing why they do it.
    The mobs in vet zones were especially fun during the brief period they were accidentally super-buffed. People running around asking if it was just them. A lot of the best memories involve personal goals or interactions that may not mean much to other people per se.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 6:42PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    (Pets can be funny. xD Puppy wants to play with Meridias light.)
    ouC52Fk.jpg

*snip*

Good memories and screenshots - the one with the puppy is my favorite. There are some characters who never got the same treatment as the most often recurring ones that would be cool to see again. That could be a whole new thread...

Yeah the puppy one, forgot about that screenshot. xD "Don't mind me little guy! I'm gonna fight off this giant Daedric Prince that wants to merge our two worlds. You play with the light just like cats play with lasers. I'm sure Meridia won't mind if you drool and bite all over her powerful beacon." Our pets sure know how to entertain themselves while we are busy saving the world or such.

I agree. :) A lot of good characters have like a 2 second story. Some tiny characters are deserving of a bigger story, some big characters could do with a shorter one.

Now when thinking about this, ESO turning 5....I think I shall commemorate this special occasion by making my wallpaper all ESO! ^^

Edited by VDoom1 on March 27, 2019 6:24PM
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cmon there's gotta be more than just these for wonderful memories about eso. I'm sure many were in awe of how castle sieges went, or when the staging grounds for the final assault on molag bal were reinforced.

Yeah plus I'm sure the devs have some unique perspectives of their own... *cough*
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woohoo... 5 year anniversary badge for the forums today

giphy.gif

But it reminded me of this thread! We need moar... more of your memories of ESO.

Here's a quick one from me:
    In a group in Craglorn (when that was a thing for questing there) visiting Haddock's Market delve. We found a small tent with a nice bed inside.

I remarked, "Found a baby-making station."

For a while it became a running joke among us when beds were found in places like delves or other remote places.

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Making my first in-game friends and joining my first guild because of asking a Fishing question in Deshaan zone.
    2. Finally getting Shadowfen fishing achievement with folks above because of the extreme rarity of Lake fishing holes!
    3. Joining Order of Explorers (which I am still in since that first year - 2014) and running my first veteran dungeons.
    4. Meeting what would become my first trial guild by asking in Craglorn for a group to do the story quests because it was too hard to solo and so very quiet after so long! Those guys were such a blast!
    5. Justice System introduction PTS and then Live, I had my safebox farm route around Rawl'kha (which used to be rather quiet and then it became a super hub for shopping and crafting) all planned. First day on Live, broke into the house across from the bank and stole and Imperial motif book from the trunk at the end of the bed - I was over-the-moon excited! (and then read it for those super sweet achievement points)
    6. I am not really a PvP person and was nervous about Imperial City DLC, but those first couple weeks of insane groups running through sewers with my PvE guildmates was amazing fun. All on voice chat and when two different alliance groups collided in a room and then a Sweeper joined the party - never had so much fun dying!
    7. The time my question about if Cadwell's pot hat would ever be in game as a costume was answered on ESO Live <3
    8. All the hype and excitement at every update. Everyone is so excited and that is just so amazing to be part of.
    9. Natch Pote threads and finding the clever bits in the published patch notes
    10. Housing - I have had too many great moments with my Hearthlight friends to list <3

Happy 5th Anniversary ESO!
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Woohoo... 5 year anniversary badge for the forums today

giphy.gif

But it reminded me of this thread! We need moar... more of your memories of ESO.

Here's a quick one from me:
    In a group in Craglorn (when that was a thing for questing there) visiting Haddock's Market delve. We found a small tent with a nice bed inside.

I remarked, "Found a baby-making station."

For a while it became a running joke among us when beds were found in places like delves or other remote places.

Congrats on the 5 year badge!!
    Huzzah!!!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember excitedly crafting my essay for why I should be let in to the closed Beta in mid-2013. When I first found out I was accepted, I was sooo happy! 6 years later I may be salty towards what [snip] has become, but I still play and enjoy the world!

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 6:44PM
    PC-NA
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    9. Natch Pote threads and finding the clever bits in the published patch notes

Yup

• WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    "not a full list but a representative sample" *lists a 2000 word essay on 15 favorites*

Don't get me wrong I love ESO, making a list of favorites would be impossible. But the post... Holy moly
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "not a full list but a representative sample" *lists a 2000 word essay on 15 favorites*

Don't get me wrong I love ESO, making a list of favorites would be impossible. But the post... Holy moly

Lists not needed :)

Just something that makes you smile

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eso%2Bearly%2Blaunch%2Bannouncement%2Btop.png

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one actually filmed her first 15 minutes in Tamriel.

It is perhaps unremarkable yes but somehow so different to the Tamriel she knows so well today.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

https://youtu.be/FrGkRr6GU7c
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is perhaps unremarkable yes but somehow so different to the Tamriel she knows so well today.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

tenor.gif

• Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All the tough, gruesome, hard fought, swearing god***** adventures me and my buddies have been through, together...

I wouldn't change a thing...

#ESOFAM is real!
    Edited by Odovacar on April 4, 2019 2:47PM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    All the tough, gruesome, hard fought, swearing god***** adventures me and my buddies have been through, together...

I wouldn't change a thing...

#ESOFAM is real!

giphy.gif

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Finally got to watch the whole things... people running around in rags on foot or white Imperial horses, flashing from leveling and using mostly light and heavy weapon attacks. Nothing like launch day :)

Way to end on cliffhanger (well... jumper)

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have any final memories or experiences or feelings to share as the Fifth Anniversary year wraps up at the end of this month?

Yes, there have been and are issues with the game, but what's the best or your most favorite memory of the game you've got?

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fkevinmurnane%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F09%2FArgonians_ESO.jpg