The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC-NA Server - Can't Log In, No 'Play' Button on Launcher??

Iphin
Iphin
✭✭✭
Is anyone else having issues logging into the NA server on PC? My launcher on both computers won't generate a 'play' button and when it does I can't log in at all. It just says 'log in' failed. It's also happening to one of my friends in Discord who is elsewhere.

I'm in Australia so used to this kind of thing, but wondered if anyone else is having issues?

"Those who believe in Telekinesis, raise my hand."
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I am. Yet another error of the error ridden game that is TESO. I am on NBN with 70MBps and it is completely crashed even though my internet is running very high.

I have 66 days left of my yearly sub and frankly cannot imagine renewing given these constant errors
  • Loulong
    Loulong
    ✭✭✭
    Click the little cog wheel next to Game Options and choose "Check for Updates"... That's helped me before, but you might have a different issue.

Alternatively you can just bypass the launcher and run the game directly from the eso64.exe file in the game/client directory.
    Edited by Loulong on December 12, 2019 7:46AM
  • Hostee
    Hostee
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having issues logging into the ps4 na servers. keeps saying connection to server timed out. please try again later.
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, this sometimes gets through the log in screen to the character then crashes. Most times it does not even get through the login screen. Best of all no explanation is provided by ZOS at all. Quick to take our money slow to fix anything.
  • LuckyLuke
    LuckyLuke
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I am having logging issues after a dc

The launcher was a bit slow showing the play button, managed to log into game, selected my character and the got login failed error.

After several of these attempts and restarting my pc and router, I have managed to log into the game again, but this time I selected another character, and now I am looking at a load screen....nearly over 5 minutes now! Not happy Jan!

I was logged in and merrily playing the game only an hour before hand,
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O well , tried again. Must play something else . Don't know why I even bothered with this rubbish game. Frankly I want my money refunded for the subscription period. I don't want this rubbish ESO plus anymore.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA (canada) game crashed and i can not log in anymore.

Tried on different pc, and same.

no update announced, and the login panel show : Could not retreive announcement

My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whoop, here we go...
  • Iphin
    Iphin
    ✭✭✭
    Glad it's not just us. Like I noticed my ping went up 999+ and then dropped to 90 and--boom. That was it. Havne't been able to get back in. Just repaired my launcher after it told me that it failed to apply a patch (?) and nothing.
  • Suedyin_Loreseeker
    Suedyin_Loreseeker
    ✭✭✭
    Australia here, same issue as the original poster.
  • delle_seyah
    delle_seyah
    Soul Shriven
    Just happened to me. Was playing with three friends and none of them had any issues, but I have been trying to get back online for the past 30 minutes with nothing.
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it is official it is fkd. Even my partner tried on her machine and her account to no avail. Imagine playing a game that actually works.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Also Australia here, and yes, same problem with NA. EU is fine, however.

This is unacceptable, Australians are people, too!
  • Shadowproject
    Just adding to this, same deal. Can log in sometimes after extremely long delays, then stuck on loading screen for dungeon I was in for like 5 minutes before I quit.

I'm in North America, so it's not just you Aussies :persevere:
    Edited by Shadowproject on December 12, 2019 8:10AM
  • delle_seyah
    delle_seyah
    Soul Shriven
    If I was in the Imperial Sewers when the server crashed, what happens to my character when I log back in? Will she be in the same location in the Sewers or will she be ported back to my faction base? I had a lot of Tel Var on me that I don't want to lose :/
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stratti wrote: »
    O well , tried again. Must play something else . Don't know why I even bothered with this rubbish game. Frankly I want my money refunded for the subscription period. I don't want this rubbish ESO plus anymore.

Then shut up, send in a ticket and stop complaining. I just launched eso no issue on both xb1 and pc.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • LuckyLuke
    LuckyLuke
    ✭✭✭
    I am back on the merry-go-round 🙃
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Stratti wrote: »

Then shut up, send in a ticket and stop complaining. I just launched eso no issue on both xb1 and pc.

Yes, everyone stop complaining because @jircris11 said so. Stopping complaining is widely known to get issues fixed.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been on for the last 3 or 4 hours with no problems, both EU and NA PC servers, so I don't think there's been any problems with the ESO servers per se. I wonder if it could have been an internet problem? People are always quick to blame ZOS, and in some cases it is a problem with their servers, but there are other computers between your computer and the ESO servers.

https://outage.report/
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Iphin
    Iphin
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever it was, it seemed to have repaired itself - but I'd say it was definitely something that wasn't affecting one pocket of players given the geography of those involved.