The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DESTROY

Shantu
Shantu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Ok, admittedly, this is kind of a lame complaint, but why is it when we want to destroy some items (like half of those we receive as a daily reward) are we forced to type the word "DESTROY", (in all caps, no less)? Is it that ZOS can't believe we actually want to get rid of this stuff? Simple little Yes and No buttons would be fine, but having to repeatedly type out the word is annoying after you've done it a thousand times. :/

At least 1 add-on developer gets it because they will fill in the word for you. Can we please get rid of this and just have a confirmation button? I promise...if I want to destroy something, that means I REALLY, REALLY do want to destroy it!
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    they need the extra confirmation to protect players from themselves.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just right click on them and choose "add to junk." You can delete the entire contents of the junk folder at once.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^This.^

Almost every week there’s a thread in General Help from a player who deleted their character ... even after the additional gated message that asks them to type ‘DELETE’.
  • Octarinewolf
    Octarinewolf
    ✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    Ok, admittedly, this is kind of a lame complaint, but why is it when we want to destroy some items (like half of those we receive as a daily reward) are we forced to type the word "DESTROY", (in all caps, no less)? Is it that ZOS can't believe we actually want to get rid of this stuff? Simple little Yes and No buttons would be fine, but having to repeatedly type out the word is annoying after you've done it a thousand times. :/

At least 1 add-on developer gets it because they will fill in the word for you. Can we please get rid of this and just have a confirmation button? I promise...if I want to destroy something, that means I REALLY, REALLY do want to destroy it!

If Pacrooti could deconstruct those into Crown Gem,it would be understandable.

That there are three or four versions of each crown consumable (Deconstructable, two other non stackable but other wise identical types of account bound, and character bound.) is a bit much.

Note Pacrooti just requires you to press E to confirm you want to deconstruct things.

It appears to be an attempt to convince people they are worth spending crowns to purchase.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something that's actually easier with a controller? What's the world coming to? :D

All I have to do is push in the right joystick and then confirm.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consoles - 1
    PC - 9,546,537
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add its also way cheaper to add multiple layers of confirmation to delete anything than it is to employ a legion of support staff to restore or explain the policy to customers.

It's like the "wrong way" signs on American highways. They exist for a reason :D.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't realize just how many people have accidentally destroyed, deconstructed, or sold items they didn't mean to.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple little Yes and No buttons would be fine, but having to repeatedly type out the word is annoying after you've done it a thousand times. :/

You can type DESTROY once, copy the text, then paste it in subsequent prompts.
    signing off
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lazy Writ Crafter has this pre-filled for Jewelry Crafting Master Writs. This says a lot about the blue ones at least :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Simple little Yes and No buttons would be fine, but having to repeatedly type out the word is annoying after you've done it a thousand times. :/

what about console users do they need to type something?
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If Pacrooti could deconstruct those into Crown Gem,it would be understandable.

That there are three or four versions of each crown consumable (Deconstructable, two other non stackable but other wise identical types of account bound, and character bound.) is a bit much.

Note Pacrooti just requires you to press E to confirm you want to deconstruct things.

It appears to be an attempt to convince people they are worth spending crowns to purchase.

Yeah, but those are technically "Crown items" that can be purchased with Crowns. That's why the extra security is there for them.

The Moot Councillor
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭

what about console users do they need to type something?

No, we don't have to type anything, just press X on the Xbox or the equivalent button on PS4. Some "important" items require you to wait 5 seconds before allowing you to delete them though, I'm not sure what criteria is used for that.

Deleting a character requires that you press and hold 4 different controller buttons. On Xbox it's both triggers and both bumpers.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

• Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    theyancey wrote: »
    Just right click on them and choose "add to junk." You can delete the entire contents of the junk folder at once.

Hmm...I never tried adding anything to junk. I'll check it out.

Yeah, I do this when I have multiple items I know I'll have to type. Like I said, it's a lame complaint, but even typing it once feels annoying...particularly when it's some potion from the daily reward that nobody uses. :/
    Just to add its also way cheaper to add multiple layers of confirmation to delete anything than it is to employ a legion of support staff to restore or explain the policy to customers.

It's like the "wrong way" signs on American highways. They exist for a reason :D.

I can decon a piece of gold gear and it doesn't ask me to type a confirmation. But some junk potion? If people delete something, are asked a Yes/No confirmation, choose Yes, and then complain about it, too bad. :'(
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better yet, add a second option to the giant ad nag screen upon log in: [CLAIM] and [CLAIM and DESTROY]. Then you don't even have to waste time opening your inventory to get rid of the junk poisons and potions.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Better yet, add a second option to the giant ad nag screen upon log in: [CLAIM] and [CLAIM and DESTROY]. Then you don't even have to waste time opening your inventory to get rid of the junk poisons and potions.

I like it! Or maybe a "Thanks but No Thanks" option. :)
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Xoanon said, "DESTROY and be FREE!"
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this