The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What does a community manager do when not managing the community ?

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy, this is a topic we could spend hours on :sweat_smile: Community Managers at ZOS have a lot of different tasks, and it also depends on the person. Also, just for clarity, ESO Community Managers are not forum moderators - those fall under our amazing Support team, who also run the @BethesdaSupport Twitter account.

Below are a few things that Community Managers - specifically at ZOS - tend to do regularly:
    • We are constantly coordinating with a lot of different departments including - but not limited to - Marketing, PR, Sales, the Dev Team, first party, territory offices, and more.
    • We frequently work with the Events team to plan efforts at major conventions and off-site.
    • Lots of reporting. We need to keep the business appraised of not just community sentiment, but recaps or postmortems of various events/launches/efforts/etc are appreciated and expected, along with our department's plans for the upcoming quarter/year/whatever amount of time.
    • Patch notes, of course ;)
    • Managing various player programs, including the Stream Team and Class Reps.
    • Planning livestreams, both in-house and supporting other offices in their livestream efforts.
    • We're responsible for messaging out important updates or changes for the game.
    • Occasionally, we'll need to write website articles, though that's largely handled by our Content Manager these days.
    That doesn't include all the little one-off requests that come in or encompass the entire job, but gives a taste of some of the major responsibilities. We do a lot of things behind the scenes, but also stay on top of discussions that happen on the forums, reddit, Discord, and social. We may not always reply, but we are always reading! It's quite often a member of the Dev Team will come over and say, "Have you seen X conversation?" and our response is almost always "Yep, seen it and already [did whatever action]". The core of the job is being a pro multi-tasker.

Happy to answer more questions about our job if anyone would like to chat further!

Based on my own experience, I believe it's also the case that you read and reply individually to the PMs that (occasionally :wink: !) drop into your inbox :smile: ! I've only ever had occasion to send you a couple, but the one that needed a reply was acted on immediately.
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saltisol wrote: »
    I mean it as a sincere question. The title "community manager" leads me to beleive that the job involves a two way dialogue with the community. The community in this case are their playerbase, both active and inactive.

There is not an abundance of communication so what does the role of community manager involve aside from the obvious ?

You mean the dialogue being "open" like they are on-call as a community manager 24/7? Like they never actually clock out, and if you post something at 3am, they are obligated to wake up and respond to you on the forums?

Did I really say all that ?

I don't know, did you? You never specified what you meant by "open dialogue", so I am asking for clarification. Is that not what you meant by "open", and if not, what do you mean by "open" dialogue?

This post was a great post "Activity Finder & Server Performance Update" and it's post's similar to that one is what I'm asking or hoping for.

So when you say "open" dialogue, you mean very thorough posts, datelining everything? Open as in "full of information"? Is that correct? And when you say you are "hoping" for them, I assume that means you want more of these posts that fit your "open" criteria in the future, but how regularly? Like Hourly? Or daily? What is your set expectation?

Hehehehe sorry but hey, easy, it's not like I'm asking for something impossible. I don't think I used the word "open" and the post was just an example. The posts can be breif, like an update or long if needed.

What are you getting at really, do you think that more communication is a bad thing ?

Yes it can be, if it's filled with useless information. I'd rather have fewer and less frequent posts, that are larger and filled with tons of updates and information, instead of daily or hourly posts like a vlogger posting just to announce they walked into Walmart, then do a play by play in real time about every little detail of that encounter....that's useless information to me.

I don't need a million updates all stating that the Earth is still here. I need one giant update stating that the world is going to end. That is more meaningful, more useful, has all the information I need, and doesn't waste my time or the community manager's already accounted for time.

I believe what you are seeking is something like a Forum Manager, or Forum liaison that is going to be constantly active on the forums everyday, answering questions, providing hourly updates on various little things. That's cool, but that's a different job than a community manager. The Community Manager manages a "Community", which encompasses more than JUST the forums. I think your expectations on what a Community Manager's role is should be re-evaluated. And I never go easy, not even on myself.

The current Community Manager is doing exactly what every other Community Manager has done since the dawn of MMORPG's having a community to manage.

I'm overwhelmed, don't even know where to start. Where is all of that coming from ?
    This is what i wrote to answer your post and you came to all the concusions above from that ? " The posts can be breif, like an update or long if needed"

I don't want "Still working on it..." updates every few hours. We know they are working on it. We are going to assume they are going to work on it until something changes, or they come to a conclusion that they can't fix something. That wastes their time, since someone physically has to post every few hours, and they have to speak to multiple departments to get updates from each. That is time out of everyone's day, time that someone is getting pulled off troubleshooting just so someone on the forum is satisfied with the answer.

I'd rather them not waste any time being pulled off their TS, or distracted and to just work on whatever it is they are working on. Work on it until they have a solution, tested it, and have a plan or schedule to implement said solution. THEN shoot me a bigger update post with like 3 paragraphs worth of text.

Small unimportant updates wastes EVEERYONE's time. Imagine calling your mechanic every hour to ask him if he fixed your car. He literally has to drop everything he is doing, get out from under your car, answer the phone, then proceed to explain the same thing he did the previous hour " yeah still trying to get under the hood here and see what is going on...time consuming process...requires my attention and for me to be under the car.....".

Imagine that every hour...on the hour. How long do you think it would take for him to eventually troubleshoot the problem with your car, then have a solution to fix it ready?

You......eh, what ?
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot...
    L0Zc.gif
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is, eating cheerios. Just a guess.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You forgot...
    L0Zc.gif

That's pretty accurate.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least I know they've seen/read the discussion about Pie King's appeal to become a Community Ambassador!

Maybe!

HUZZAH!
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - I repeat.... you are a class act. Happy to have "met" you.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of reporting. We need to keep the business appraised of not just community sentiment, but recaps or postmortems of various events/launches/efforts/etc are appreciated and expected, along with our department's plans for the upcoming quarter/year/whatever amount of time.

That can't be fun, in view of recent experience regarding events :wink:

I personally get a feeling that communication at ZOS is either seriously disorganized, or micro-managed from far too high up, or possibly both. It's a rare occasion when we get clear information regarding pressing issues, let alone get it in a timely fashion. Let me use the Undaunted event as an example:

- The event went online after two similar events in the previous two years had had serious issues. This time around the issues were so bad that the event had to be pulled.
    - While there was a post on the forums informing that the event was being cancelled, it also said ZOS would provide additional details when available. What actually happened was that the event was turned off with no warning in-game, and the update on the forums came only some half hour later. People in-game were saying the event was dead before it was, and asking what was going on with their tickets after it had actually been cancelled.
    - Since then there's been the usual cryptic non-committal updates, prompting a few dozen threads asking for updates on the update.

This tells me that ZOS didn't take the feedback from the previous Undaunted events seriously enough (and before someone replies with everything that ZOS did to prevent it, that's immaterial; the fact remains that it's the third year in a row the event has issues, serious enough to warrant it being canned.

It also tells me the company doesn't have a structured plan to address these situations and therefore reacts in a panic, resulting in promising updates that either don't materialize or come late. And that it ignores the fact that most players are actually playing the game and not refreshing the forum page. I would have expected ZOS to use the existing server messaging to announce the end of the event instead of letting people carry on clearing dungeons and wondering where their tickets went. The fact that it is currently used for the sole purpose of reminding players of server downtime is mind-boggling.

I care about this game, but ZOS have lost my trust. I was a late beta tester and played through early access and up to the Shadows of the Hist DLC in mid 2016, then left for two years and came back last year around this time. The same problems that made me leave are still present, with server instability added for good measure. I have now cancelled my subscription and only log in briefly each day. The state of communication for ESO seems to me a good pointer to the state of the game as a whole. The barest minimum gets done to keep the doors open. Gotta keep the costs low and the income high. It really is a pity because there is no real alternative out there and ESO does have very strong aspects to it.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Lots of reporting. We need to keep the business appraised of not just community sentiment, but recaps or postmortems of various events/launches/efforts/etc are appreciated and expected, along with our department's plans for the upcoming quarter/year/whatever amount of time.

I personally get a feeling that communication at ZOS is either seriously disorganized, or micro-managed from far too high up, or possibly both. It's a rare occasion when we get clear information regarding pressing issues, let alone get it in a timely fashion. Let me use the Undaunted event as an example:

- The event went online after two similar events in the previous two years had had serious issues. This time around the issues were so bad that the event had to be pulled.
    - While there was a post on the forums informing that the event was being cancelled, it also said ZOS would provide additional details when available. What actually happened was that the event was turned off with no warning in-game, and the update on the forums came only some half hour later. People in-game were saying the event was dead before it was, and asking what was going on with their tickets after it had actually been cancelled.
    - Since then there's been the usual cryptic non-committal updates, prompting a few dozen threads asking for updates on the update.

This tells me that ZOS didn't take the feedback from the previous Undaunted events seriously enough (and before someone replies with everything that ZOS did to prevent it, that's immaterial; the fact remains that it's the third year in a row the event has issues, serious enough to warrant it being canned.

It also tells me the company doesn't have a structured plan to address these situations and therefore reacts in a panic, resulting in promising updates that either don't materialize or come late. And that it ignores the fact that most players are actually playing the game and not refreshing the forum page. I would have expected ZOS to use the existing server messaging to announce the end of the event instead of letting people carry on clearing dungeons and wondering where their tickets went. The fact that it is currently used for the sole purpose of reminding players of server downtime is mind-boggling.

I care about this game, but ZOS have lost my trust. I was a late beta tester and played through early access and up to the Shadows of the Hist DLC in mid 2016, then left for two years and came back last year around this time. The same problems that made me leave are still present, with server instability added for good measure. I have now cancelled my subscription and only log in briefly each day. The state of communication for ESO seems to me a good pointer to the state of the game as a whole. The barest minimum gets done to keep the doors open. Gotta keep the costs low and the income high. It really is a pity because there is no real alternative out there and ESO does have very strong aspects to it.

Hmm weird that it tells you that, because it tells me that they are already aware of everything we are, and are probably going to do something about it at some undisclosed point of time in the future of their choosing. Unless.....you...also work for ZOS or have worked inside anyone of their buildings and physically witness how they function, and have empirical evidence that contradicts everything I am saying?

If so please share! I'd LOVE to see some new data that I can input in my calculations, and see if my conclusion stays the same or changes based on the data provided.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm weird that it tells you that, because it tells me that they are already aware of everything we are, and are probably going to do something about it at some undisclosed point of time in the future of their choosing.
    Not nearly good enough for me, and hence the last part of my post about cancelling my sub. They've spent the entire past year promising revamped communication and performance improvements, while delivering very little and degrading performance further.
    Unless.....you...also work for ZOS or have worked inside anyone of their buildings and physically witness how they function, and have empirical evidence that contradicts everything I am saying?

If so please share! I'd LOVE to see some new data that I can input in my calculations, and see if my conclusion stays the same or changes based on the data provided.
    No sarcasm needed, everything was in my original post, but I'll try to elaborate on my points:

tells me that ZOS didn't take the feedback from the previous Undaunted events seriously enough --> third failed undaunted event in as many years

tells me the company doesn't have a structured plan to address these situations and therefore reacts in a panic --> all of ZOS' communication is reactive instead of proactive, as evidenced by their inability to even follow up on their own word and let the community know when the event was being pulled, instead of informing us that it was already gone

And that it ignores the fact that most players are actually playing the game and not refreshing the forum page --> there was absolutely no official warning in-game about the event being taken down, while people were exchanging conflicting information in zone and guild chats, and many players were trying to complete dungeons for event rewards.

If you have issues with what I posted, feel free to address them specifically instead of making a blanket statement implying that everything's peachy in ZOS land.
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    9b11t0iv3vqz.jpg
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hmm weird that it tells you that, because it tells me that they are already aware of everything we are, and are probably going to do something about it at some undisclosed point of time in the future of their choosing.
    Not nearly good enough for me, and hence the last part of my post about cancelling my sub. They've spent the entire past year promising revamped communication and performance improvements, while delivering very little and degrading performance further.
    Unless.....you...also work for ZOS or have worked inside anyone of their buildings and physically witness how they function, and have empirical evidence that contradicts everything I am saying?

No sarcasm needed, everything was in my original post, but I'll try to elaborate on my points:

tells me that ZOS didn't take the feedback from the previous Undaunted events seriously enough --> third failed undaunted event in as many years

tells me the company doesn't have a structured plan to address these situations and therefore reacts in a panic --> all of ZOS' communication is reactive instead of proactive, as evidenced by their inability to even follow up on their own word and let the community know when the event was being pulled, instead of informing us that it was already gone

And that it ignores the fact that most players are actually playing the game and not refreshing the forum page --> there was absolutely no official warning in-game about the event being taken down, while people were exchanging conflicting information in zone and guild chats, and many players were trying to complete dungeons for event rewards.

If you have issues with what I posted, feel free to address them specifically instead of making a blanket statement implying that everything's peachy in ZOS land.

That fact that you have no information that tells you what feedback they did or didn't take, invalidates any "feelings" you have about it. You don't work for ZOS, you weren't there, you have no reliable data. What you see from your point of view as a consumer is NOT reliable data. None of us really knows what goes on at ZOS....but you know who does? Probably people who actually work for ZOS, at least that is what logic appears to dictate.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A few minor issues, yes.

1. Lack of a structured plan - While ZOS didn't tell us the plan in advance, their subsequent comments make it clear that they did have additional safeguards in place for the expected demand with the Undaunted Event...safeguards which failed. So they had a plan. It didn't work, which is a whole different thing from not having a plan at all.

3. ZOS's followup communication was reactive, failing to inform us of the cancellation until the event was already gone. - That's incorrect for the forums, as the pinned notice that the Undaunted event would be pulled was up several hours before the cancellation actually took effect.

You are entirely correct that ZOS did not properly put any of the relevant info in game. That would have been nice. ZOS sometimes seems to assume that more players use the official channels like the Dev Tracker to see what's going on than actually do use it. The Website page for the Undaunted event also took a while to be updated (it also had technical issues getting posted in the first place, so IDK if that was part of the problem.) That all could have been handled better.

So everything was far from peachy, but it wasn't quite as bad as you make it out to be.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That fact that you have no information that tells you what feedback they did or didn't take, invalidates any "feelings" you have about it. You don't work for ZOS, you weren't there, you have no reliable data. What you see from your point of view as a consumer is NOT reliable data. None of us really knows what goes on at ZOS....but you know who does? Probably people who actually work for ZOS, at least that is what logic appears to dictate.

Can you read? I expressly stated that the first part was a feeling (about ZOS communication being disorganized, micro-managed, or both). Then I went on to stuff I can infer from actual, verifiable behaviour. I may not know what goes on inside ZOS, but I sure as hell know what goes on in game and in what little communication we get from them, and that is what I based the rest of my post on. I may very well be wrong, but your (several) posts don't address anything of substance in mine.

What is even your angle here? What point are you making aside from "you can't know what's going on in there"? Or are you simply picking a fight for the sake of it?
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you are describing sounds more like a costumer service representative than a manager.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A few minor issues, yes.

1. Lack of a structured plan - While ZOS didn't tell us the plan in advance, their subsequent comments make it clear that they did have additional safeguards in place for the expected demand with the Undaunted Event...safeguards which failed. So they had a plan. It didn't work, which is a whole different thing from not having a plan at all.

3. ZOS's followup communication was reactive, failing to inform us of the cancellation until the event was already gone. - That's incorrect for the forums, as the pinned notice that the Undaunted event would be pulled was up several hours before the cancellation actually took effect.

You are entirely correct that ZOS did not properly put any of the relevant info in game. That would have been nice. ZOS sometimes seems to assume that more players use the official channels like the Dev Tracker to see what's going on than actually do use it. The Website page for the Undaunted event also took a while to be updated (it also had technical issues getting posted in the first place, so IDK if that was part of the problem.) That all could have been handled better.

So everything was far from peachy, but it wasn't quite as bad as you make it out to be.

First of all, thank you for actually addressing my points.

As for a structured plan, I was speaking only about communication, and communication alone. And that, IMO, showed lack of preparation. They did warn they were going to cancel the event, but they also said they would get back to us when they had more details. What actually happened was that the initial post was updated to state the event was in fact cancelled, about half an hour after the fact. That is not what they said in their initial post, hence my conclusion that they weren't following a structured approach to this kind of situation.

Regarding my claim that ZOS' communication was reactive, while they did inform us that they were going to cancel the event sometime in the future (and I acknowledged that), they failed to put up an actual heads up prior to turning it off, both in-game (where it never got official notice) and in the forums (where it happened half an hour after the event had been switched off).

It's only natural for different people to have different expectations. As far as I'm concerned, ZOS communication still gets a failing grade.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A few minor issues, yes.

As for a structured plan, I was speaking only about communication, and communication alone. And that, IMO, showed lack of preparation. They did warn they were going to cancel the event, but they also said they would get back to us when they had more details. What actually happened was that the initial post was updated to state the event was in fact cancelled, about half an hour after the fact. That is not what they said in their initial post, hence my conclusion that they weren't following a structured approach to this kind of situation.

Regarding my claim that ZOS' communication was reactive, while they did inform us that they were going to cancel the event sometime in the future (and I acknowledged that), they failed to put up an actual heads up prior to turning it off, both in-game (where it never got official notice) and in the forums (where it happened half an hour after the event had been switched off).

It's only natural for different people to have different expectations. As far as I'm concerned, ZOS communication still gets a failing grade.

If you're cooking in your kitchen, and suddenly your kitchen catches on fire, do you call your SO/Parents/etc and say "Hey the kitchen is on fire, I am just giving you a 15 minute notice that I am going to put it out in 15 minutes...."?

OR

Do you put the fire out immediately, THEN call and say "Hey a kitchen fire broke out, I put it out and the Fire department is on it's way."

Because in the world of servers, IT, networking, etc, sometimes we have to shut something off immediately, THEN send an announcement out after the fact...not send it before and let the problem sit for another half hour to make sure people become "aware".
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A few minor issues, yes.

If you're cooking in your kitchen, and suddenly your kitchen catches on fire, do you call your SO/Parents/etc and say "Hey the kitchen is on fire, I am just giving you a 15 minute notice that I am going to put it out in 15 minutes...."?

OR

Do you put the fire out immediately, THEN call and say "Hey a kitchen fire broke out, I put it out and the Fire department is on it's way."

Because in the world of servers, IT, networking, etc, sometimes we have to shut something off immediately, THEN send an announcement out after the fact...not send it before and let the problem sit for another half hour to make sure people become "aware".

You also don't announce that you'll let everyone know before you call the fire brigade, then go ahead and do it without notice. That may be the best course of action, but saying one thing and doing another after you already set the kitchen on fire makes you look... reactive? Panicked? Unstructured? QED...

EDIT: Just so we're clear, this is what ZOS announced in the very first post of the stickied thread about the Undaunted event:
    We’ll provide an update a little later today in this thread once we know exactly when we will turn off the event and what our next steps will be.

This very clearly implies that the first promised update should have been posted before the event was cancelled, not half an hour later.
    Edited by daemonios on December 11, 2019 9:08PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A few minor issues, yes.

OR

All analogies break down when pushed hard enough, and this one seems particularly inaccurate, given that ZOS did in fact wait several hours from the start of the event failure to enact the actual cancellation. Those who paid attention to the forums knew about the cancellation well in advance, though not the exact moment it was going to end.

ZOS had several hours to do whatever they were going to do to alert people.

On the other hand, I seem to recall ZOS having a delay with localizations for some text, like the Launcher announcements. So that might explain some of the lack of in-game announcements. Might - I can't speak for how quickly ZOS can actually handle that, just speculate based on past issues.

I'd hope they use the Undaunted as a case study in how to better handle an emergency event cancellation in the future. Their in game, launcher, and website announcements were rather lacking.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 11, 2019 9:48PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »
    My guess is, eating cheerios. Just a guess.

Probably true, you'd have to be paid to eat those nasty things.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A few minor issues, yes.

OR

All analogies break down when pushed hard enough, and this one seems particularly inaccurate, given that ZOS did in fact wait several hours from the start of the event failure to enact the actual cancellation. Those who paid attention to the forums knew about the cancellation well in advance, though not the exact moment it was going to end.

ZOS had several hours to do whatever they were going to do to alert people.

On the other hand, I seem to recall ZOS having a delay with localizations for some text, like the Launcher announcements. So that might explain some of the lack of in-game announcements. Might - I can't speak for how quickly ZOS can actually handle that, just speculate based on past issues.

I'd hope they use the Undaunted as a case study in how to better handle an emergency event cancellation in the future. Their in game, launcher, and website announcements were rather lacking.

Yup, I'd imagine there are logical explanations for everything that us consumers aren't privy too. That's why I find hard to come to any conclusions on it, since we don't have all of the information.
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more communication!
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysbriel wrote: »
    What you are describing sounds more like a costumer service representative than a manager.

This sounds like a nice title for a new Crown Store assistant. An NPC to help maintain all your costumes and outfits, and even make suggestions on what colors would look best based on your character's race, eye color, etc.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agalloch wrote: »
    We need more communication!

What is the official line between "More" and "Less"?
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed a few posts that were not constructive and disruptive to the thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh boy, this is a topic we could spend hours on :sweat_smile: Community Managers at ZOS have a lot of different tasks, and it also depends on the person. Also, just for clarity, ESO Community Managers are not forum moderators - those fall under our amazing Support team, who also run the @BethesdaSupport Twitter account.

Below are a few things that Community Managers - specifically at ZOS - tend to do regularly:
    • We are constantly coordinating with a lot of different departments including - but not limited to - Marketing, PR, Sales, the Dev Team, first party, territory offices, and more.
    • We frequently work with the Events team to plan efforts at major conventions and off-site.
    • Lots of reporting. We need to keep the business appraised of not just community sentiment, but recaps or postmortems of various events/launches/efforts/etc are appreciated and expected, along with our department's plans for the upcoming quarter/year/whatever amount of time.
    • Patch notes, of course ;)
    • Managing various player programs, including the Stream Team and Class Reps.
    • Planning livestreams, both in-house and supporting other offices in their livestream efforts.
    • We're responsible for messaging out important updates or changes for the game.
    • Occasionally, we'll need to write website articles, though that's largely handled by our Content Manager these days.
    That doesn't include all the little one-off requests that come in or encompass the entire job, but gives a taste of some of the major responsibilities. We do a lot of things behind the scenes, but also stay on top of discussions that happen on the forums, reddit, Discord, and social. We may not always reply, but we are always reading! It's quite often a member of the Dev Team will come over and say, "Have you seen X conversation?" and our response is almost always "Yep, seen it and already [did whatever action]". The core of the job is being a pro multi-tasker.

Happy to answer more questions about our job if anyone would like to chat further!

Gina! You deserve a raise for bothering to answer that AT ALL! <3