The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Vigor Magicka Morph

• relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think a good solution(and I know I have read this before on forums) would be to make 'Structured Entropy' a self cast HOT.

They kind of killed this skill by removing major sorcery from it, when i think what they should have done was remove the DOT and make it self cast HOT.

I feel this way you would have a worthy morph choice between more damage or more healing.

They would probably need to buff the heal as it is a bit crap unless you cast it on multiple enemies...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make rapid regen a self heal only. Problem solved.

Healers don’t use rapid regen, it makes sense.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Exactly. People who don't agree with this simply don't want magicka players to have reliable self heal. There is no reason to not make such change.

EDIT:
    Xvorg wrote: »
    TheHsN wrote: »
    I do not understand what is going to happen if they give a Magicka version of VIGOR to magicka players... Why Stam users are so afraid of that????

I also Main Stam but it is ok for me i do not afraid magicka to have VIGOR.....What is making you so uncomfortable!!!

it is better that Magicka heals???!!! or What???

BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE MORE HEALING SKILLS!!!

Echoing is for groups, while resolving is for solo.

Is that so difficult to understand?

Vigor has it the same way. Resolving for solo, Echoing for gorups. Why resto can't have ONE skill that is simply selfheal? Being dedicated healing weapon doesn't mean it can't have SELF HEAL.
    Edited by Mayrael on December 6, 2019 8:29AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    I do not understand what is going to happen if they give a Magicka version of VIGOR to magicka players... Why Stam users are so afraid of that????

I also Main Stam but it is ok for me i do not afraid magicka to have VIGOR.....What is making you so uncomfortable!!!

Because it'd require giving up a morph of Vigor, which now requires giving up either the selfish or the group morph, since the two are now split. How would magicka users like to give up some morphs of damage skills, since stam are pigeonholed into running weapon skills, and maybe we don't want to run weapon skills on more than half of our skill slots? No? Then stop asking for stam to give up a morph of its only reliable heal, because you don't want to run resto staff.

Magicka already has a skill similar in functionality to Vigor, with Rapid Regen. As I've explained, magicka has more of a reason to run resto on back, since they don't have as large a variety in weapon choices as stamina, so running resto isn't a valid excuse for taking a morph from stam. Literally all you have to do is change Rapid Regen to be self heal only, no targeting allies, and magicka has literally an exact mirror of Vigor, that is in fact stronger thanks to the resto staff passives.

Rapid Regen is not a reliable skill at all...

Which is why I suggested just making it a self heal only...

There is not that option... did you read the skill or DO YOU KNOW THE skill

I'm suggesting that they change Rapid Regen to be self heal only, you know, like how you're suggesting changing an entire Vigor morph to scale off max mag and spell damage?

Except I'm suggesting a less selfish alternative that doesn't take away a tool from stamina, just because a few magicka users don't want to use a resto staff.

This idea would not make sense. It is a skill that is part of a weapon line designed and dedicated to healing others. There is not a single skill dedicated to the caster.

Granted, the idea of this thread is about homogenization.
    Edited by idk on December 6, 2019 9:45AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Because it'd require giving up a morph of Vigor, which now requires giving up either the selfish or the group morph, since the two are now split. How would magicka users like to give up some morphs of damage skills, since stam are pigeonholed into running weapon skills, and maybe we don't want to run weapon skills on more than half of our skill slots? No? Then stop asking for stam to give up a morph of its only reliable heal, because you don't want to run resto staff.

Magicka already has a skill similar in functionality to Vigor, with Rapid Regen. As I've explained, magicka has more of a reason to run resto on back, since they don't have as large a variety in weapon choices as stamina, so running resto isn't a valid excuse for taking a morph from stam. Literally all you have to do is change Rapid Regen to be self heal only, no targeting allies, and magicka has literally an exact mirror of Vigor, that is in fact stronger thanks to the resto staff passives.

I'm suggesting that they change Rapid Regen to be self heal only, you know, like how you're suggesting changing an entire Vigor morph to scale off max mag and spell damage?

Except I'm suggesting a less selfish alternative that doesn't take away a tool from stamina, just because a few magicka users don't want to use a resto staff.

This idea would not make sense. It is a skill that is part of a weapon line designed and dedicated to healing others. There is not a single skill dedicated to the caster.

No. Restoration staff is made to HEAL. There is not written anywhere it's made to heal only others. If we could have ONE morph that is just self heal world wouldn't end. Period.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    those of you who say mag toons carrying a resto staff on the back bar is just as efficient as vigor on stam are morons

This is the most moronic thing I've ever read however you are right, cause yes , mag toons carrying a resto staff are much more efficient , proven the moment this patch made it to live.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

No. Restoration staff is made to HEAL. There is not written anywhere it's made to heal only others. If we could have ONE morph that is just self heal world wouldn't end. Period.

It seems you are splitting a hair to try to make a point yet nothing you said disproves any part of my statement. It is 100% accurate.

It seems odd to suggest the rStaff is not designed for healing others when there is not a single heal in the skill line dedicated to the caster which is exactly what the post I quoted was suggesting it should be.

Edit: and actually, you are wrong. Every single skill on the rStaff line says it will heal you or an ally/ you and allies. None say it will only heal the caster which is exactly what the post I quoted was suggesting as a solution to what OP is requesting. My comment appropriately suggests their idea is out of line with the weapon.
    Edited by idk on December 7, 2019 7:45AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summary, some player’s want a magicka vigor morph to give the same flexible that vigor has in the Assault skill line which is it can be slotted on either bar and used regardless of weapon equipped. Vigor also allows it to be pre used an engagement of a fight for a short good heal over time or as a burst heal when needed regardless of target.

Others say no mostly because most magicka classes already have enough self-heals or can just slot a resto staff for radiating regeneration or make it a self-heal only.

My suggestion is they need to move vigor to the fighter’s guild skill line since it is a reliable stamina heal that is really needed for most stamina-based players. I know when leveling a low stamina-based player it can be difficult compared to some magicka classes when playing at a lower level.

If they do ever make a magicka version, they should place it in the mage’s guild at a low level due the pain in collecting mages book especially on consoles. Or even to the Support skill line if they do not move the vigor to the fighter’s guild which I think that it is highly unlikely they would ever do it. To at least be consistent with the thought of a magicka vigor to go with a stamina vigor that is in the in the Assault War Skills and not tied to a class or weapon skill.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Then they shouldn't have made Rapid Regen mirror pre-late-nerfed Resolving Vigor, in everything except targeting. I'm simply asking that they actually complete what they started, when they messed with Rapid Regen. Especially since Radiating Regen is very likely to be be next up on the chopping block, since healing is such a big issue. I'd like to have a HoT that's actually good, and reliable, which Rapid Regen isn't.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then they shouldn't have made Rapid Regen mirror pre-late-nerfed Resolving Vigor, in everything except targeting. I'm simply asking that they actually complete what they started, when they messed with Rapid Regen. Especially since Radiating Regen is very likely to be be next up on the chopping block, since healing is such a big issue. I'd like to have a HoT that's actually good, and reliable, which Rapid Regen isn't.

I agree they should not have changed RR as they did. It was a lazy approach to fixing the bug with regen imo. That is not justification of continuing homogenization. Run the rStaff if you want a similar skill.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, thank you. What's needed is a reliable self-heal that's not dependent on equipping a specific weapon or double-slotting. The notion that I'm to equip a healing staff, giving up either destro staff or S&B passives on that bar, and not have the ability to heal others unless I slot a second ability is really limiting.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imryll wrote: »

No, thank you. What's needed is a reliable self-heal that's not dependent on equipping a specific weapon or double-slotting. The notion that I'm to equip a healing staff, giving up either destro staff or S&B passives on that bar, and not have the ability to heal others unless I slot a second ability is really limiting.

Why?

It is normal and common for games to force choices upon players. ESO is full of build options but with many of those builds it requires choices of weapons and more. You want to eliminate the need to make choices. That is all your argument is and that is pretty much baseless.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playing with two 2x DESTRO is way more DPS-efficient than 1x Destro plus one lame Resto.
    Why only StamPlayers should have the benefit to use 2x Damage Weapons plus Vigor?

Combining 1x Destro plus SnB is also a cool PvP option, I love this to use on my MagTemplar,
    but due to the lack of a MagVigor, it does not work for classes without ad-hoc self-heals.

ZOS, please give MagPlayers a MagVigor morph to open non-resto gameplay to all MagClasses.

magicka dont need resto staff.

frost staff or snb still usable because there is a lot magicka class heal available for magicka than stamina.
    you can use forst staff back bar and voila, ur problem with cannot slot 2x destro solved.

healing staff meant for group heal *OR* somebody dont want group play at all and not using block as main mitigation (magblade / magsorc).
    in fact magblade and magsorc also have alot of heal available and dont need slot resto all the time.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree they should not have changed RR as they did. It was a lazy approach to fixing the bug with regen imo. That is not justification of continuing homogenization. Run the rStaff if you want a similar skill.

Except I'm not asking for anything not on resto staff? All I'm asking for is Rapid Regen to be made self-heal, so it actually mirrors Vigor, as per Zenimax's vision for the skill, given the changes.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except I'm not asking for anything not on resto staff? All I'm asking for is Rapid Regen to be made self-heal, so it actually mirrors Vigor, as per Zenimax's vision for the skill, given the changes.

I would suggest there is a misinterpretation of Zos' vision for the skill and that it is merely you want the skill to work differently than Zos does.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    Playing with two 2x DESTRO is way more DPS-efficient than 1x Destro plus one lame Resto.
    Why only StamPlayers should have the benefit to use 2x Damage Weapons plus Vigor?

Combining 1x Destro plus SnB is also a cool PvP option, I love this to use on my MagTemplar,
    but due to the lack of a MagVigor, it does not work for classes without ad-hoc self-heals.

ZOS, please give MagPlayers a MagVigor morph to open non-resto gameplay to all MagClasses.

magicka dont need resto staff.

frost staff or snb still usable because there is a lot magicka class heal available for magicka than stamina.
    you can use forst staff back bar and voila, ur problem with cannot slot 2x destro solved.

healing staff meant for group heal *OR* somebody dont want group play at all and not using block as main mitigation (magblade / magsorc).
    in fact magblade and magsorc also have alot of heal available and dont need slot resto all the time.

This is silly. A magblade without a resto staff is beyond gimped in pvp, it would be unplayable.

Not having a decent self only heal is a huge downside for mag right now. Half of my playstyle revolves around jumping between healing and damage because I have to disengage to make sure I heal myself. Even right now I’d say a 1/3 of my deaths are from heals heals I wanted to be self applied going to a team mate.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • iJuacob
    iJuacob
    ✭✭✭
    Lol a magsorc with 2 pets is complaining about lack of heals
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bruh I'm all for giving magicka their own Vigor....

BUT ONLY IF WE GET I N D E P E N D E N T DAMAGE SHIELDS AND BURST HEALS EQUIVALENT TO YOURS
    Edited by Nyladreas on December 13, 2019 10:06AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    Bruh I'm all for giving magicka their own Vigor....

BUT ONLY IF WE GET I N D E P E N D E N T DAMAGE SHIELDS AND BURST HEALS EQUIVALENT TO YOURS

Omg, not another one of these. Use bone shield, it’s been one of the best damage shields for a long time.

For burst heals not all mag get them too. Just sorc, templar, Warden and DK.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg, not another one of these. Use bone shield, it’s been one of the best damage shields for a long time.

You forgot the necro...
    So apart from the Magblade, all mag classes have a burstheal.
    The only Stamclass with a burstheal is Warden (whitout 2h)
    Overall, more stam need the 2h for a burst Heal than Mag need the resto for a HoT...
    And bone shield one of the best dmg shields? Maybe if you play a Tank with 40k+ health...
    Magsorc: Tôlino (Wardless)
    Magden: Wa-Uller
    Stamsorc: Tolino Sturmfalke
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tolino wrote: »

You forgot the necro...
    So apart from the Magblade, all mag classes have a burstheal.
    The only Stamclass with a burstheal is Warden (whitout 2h)
    Overall, more stam need the 2h for a burst Heal than Mag need the resto for a HoT...
    And bone shield one of the best dmg shields? Maybe if you play a Tank with 40k+ health...

There’s a difference between abilities costing mag or stam and being used by mag or stam. You mean you don’t use honour the dead as a stamplar?

I always get a kick out of stam who say BRP resto is OP. Most have never even tried bone surge which is an aoe major vitality and shield on a synergy so helps sustain, for less cost than ward ally.

There are lots of tools to use if you look for them. Unfortunately most stam only see my damage and my healing, then wonder why they aren’t doing well in group play.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair