The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Next Chapter Involves Volkihar Vampire Clan's Formation.

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but someone pointed out the dawnguard wasnt a thing then... so maybe the vampires are looking for an ancient artifact in blackreach and you need to find it first or something

I wonder which dead hero of the Five Companions they are going to retcon to lead the adventure this time? Probably Lyris, would be my guess.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Drakavyn_morelock
    Drakavyn_morelock
    ✭✭✭
    the nightfall crown crates didnt look reachmen like but rather gotic...probably thats why...

Where can we see the nightfall crown crates
    Options
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    TheFM wrote: »
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    Fanservice. nothing more. friend was right.
    Dragons. okay they was okay. hardly swallowable but okay. Vampires, Lord Harkon and Serana? Just excuse me what the ***. Serana was caged way before 2nd era. She dosent say thousands of years beause she just overreacting it. She was caged for reason, as Harkon was happy in his stupid castle.

i understand now why Lawrence Schick left. Fanservice = more money. Well written story = deeper lore and more awesome story. (Morrowind, Summerset). But without him now they just making this 1 year long stories. What will it be next then? Year of the Vampire? Year of the Wolf? Just nonsense. Makes. no. sense.

They should have start a more deeper story into the game after summerset. a story that leads up to the end of the war aand not some fanservice dragons who was so overpushed. every boss is now a dragon. just why?

Dedicating an entire year to a theme is far deeper than anything we have gotten so far. Before it was 1 dlc for this region, 1 xpac for this, and they were only ever so slightly related, if at all. Vampires and werewolves play a huge part in TES lore, and the loremaster left because of health and family reasons.

except. the story feels now like the new star warses...
    the story before started in Wrothgar where the prophet contacted you about the incoming problem from the gods. this started to make sense when in morrowind you find out the plot about getting into Clockwork City. You go into clockwork city where you save the city and you find out they didnt gave up. so they made a godly trio and plotting to take the crystal tower in summerset. obviously even if the betray. you stop them and you save whole tamriel. then lizardland without a plot. then a full new story for 1 year but its messes up the continuity.

Yeah, vague hints do not make the original method more deep than an entire year of story that directly hints and being connected to the next years story. It is far better now imo.
    Options
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they do vamps in the new chapter hope the put in some new effects, ie:

1. A mount that turns you into a swarm of bat's that move with mount speed and you reconstitute when you dismount.

2. An alternate feed animation similar to blade of woe where you bite the victim rather than telekinetically ripping the blood from them.
    Options
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    We should also note that the next two Crown Crate Seasons have also been datamined.

"Gloomspore" is the Q1 Crown Crate (released between the 1st Dungeon DLC and Chapter for 2020).

"Nightfall" is the Q2 Crown Crate (released between the Chapter and 2nd Dungeon DLC for 2020).

I'm still counting on the hope that between the Nocturnal tatts data mined from Frost Atronach crates, plus the Gloomspore and Nightfall crates coming later... plus the suggestion last year of a new stealth system int he works, that Nocturnal content is coming. Maybe the formation of the Nightingales? I would love to see my favorite secret society of thieves make an appearance, although its probably not likely.

But I'll try and hold my hopes in reserve until the next official chapter announcement. Both the crate seasons sound like they fall somewhere in-line though with the possibility of Nocturnal, as she is the Mistress of Night and her plane is the Evergloam ;)
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
    Options
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thegreatme wrote: »
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    We should also note that the next two Crown Crate Seasons have also been datamined.

"Gloomspore" is the Q1 Crown Crate (released between the 1st Dungeon DLC and Chapter for 2020).

"Nightfall" is the Q2 Crown Crate (released between the Chapter and 2nd Dungeon DLC for 2020).

I'm still counting on the hope that between the Nocturnal tatts data mined from Frost Atronach crates, plus the Gloomspore and Nightfall crates coming later... plus the suggestion last year of a new stealth system int he works, that Nocturnal content is coming. Maybe the formation of the Nightingales? I would love to see my favorite secret society of thieves make an appearance, although its probably not likely.

But I'll try and hold my hopes in reserve until the next official chapter announcement. Both the crate seasons sound like they fall somewhere in-line though with the possibility of Nocturnal, as she is the Mistress of Night and her plane is the Evergloam ;)

This might mean nothing, but I've noticed the sound of crows all over Elsweyr. I haven't seen any there, but there are a few places they can be heard. If I'm not mistaken I only started hearing them after the main story line in N. Elsweyr was done or close to ending. The first place I heard it was near the bank in Rimmen.
    Options
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    This might mean nothing, but I've noticed the sound of crows all over Elsweyr. I haven't seen any there, but there are a few places they can be heard. If I'm not mistaken I only started hearing them after the main story line in N. Elsweyr was done or close to ending. The first place I heard it was near the bank in Rimmen.

It might not, but on the subject of crows in northern elsweyr, I noticed there's a lot of crows that idle and then fly away on the main roads and in random little rocky spots all over Anequina outside of Rimmen (one on the cliffs above the Necropolis, for instance). Which on its own means nothing, except I just happened to notice when one flew away close to my camera/screen that some of them appear to have bright purple eyes.

While it could be argued in theory that it was just an oversight with reusing the blackfeather court models, there are crow models with regular eyes all over other zones including Bangkorai, Wrothgar just to name some off the top of my head that don't have purple eyes like our Nocturnal/Blackfeather Court crows. So maybe its just an oversight. Or maybe its a subtle hint ZoS snuck in there.

Until the announcement hits, we just won't know, but I'm definitely hoping...
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Gloam Indrik

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
    Options
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    thegreatme wrote: »
    It might not, but on the subject of crows in northern elsweyr, I noticed there's a lot of crows that idle and then fly away on the main roads and in random little rocky spots all over Anequina outside of Rimmen (one on the cliffs above the Necropolis, for instance). Which on its own means nothing, except I just happened to notice when one flew away close to my camera/screen that some of them appear to have bright purple eyes.

And just to prove that I didn't mis-see, I went back to the same spot and found the crow with the bright purple eyes above the Necropolis! Unfortunately this was as close as I could get before it flew away to get a better screenshot, but you should be able to see the eyes at least.
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    Edited by thegreatme on December 10, 2019 2:27PM

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Gloam Indrik

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Volkihar Clan has continuity armor tied to it if they were used as bad guys and a main threat they would have to do it without risking the Volkihar Castle or actually slaying Harkon as he has plot armor protection. Dawnguard does not have such plot armor and I wonder if like the Aldemeri Dominion. They are a group that forms and then gets disbanned only to reform again later. But Eso I think takes place before the creation of Fort Dawnguard but yet there is a skill that says fire a Dawnguard Crossbow so that hints at their existence. Because of this the Dawnguard Isran was talking about that ended up becoming all vampires and terrorizing the Rift might actually be the second formation of the Vampire hunting Group. This would mean they could be be used as an antagonize force of militant vampire hunters that turned into a cult or army for Meridia while preserving the canon for the group that was formed after Fort Dawnguard was constructed. If they make Meridia the ultimate big bad. Volkihar vampires might be one group you have to have help you deal with it. Maybe the Nightengales are another.

If you remember the Meridia's Beacon that is associated with Meridia and became a meme. There was another one just like it in Fort Dawnguard. Hinting she has a possible connection with the Dawnguard. If this is the case. If Meridia is the main villain it is likely the Dawnguard itself will likely be a major enemy that we would have to fight. Given they would have to preserve the Volkihar Family for the Future content of Skryim there is only so much they can do with it. However Dawnguard isn't off the table. So we could maybe get involved with stopping the first Dawnguard and whatever plot that Meridia is doing in Skyrim. I doubt we will see Serana or her Mother but maybe we might see Harkon himself and maybe the Volkhar Castle if we are lucky.

If they actually wanted to add in Vampire Lords this is one way they can do that actually. They would have to balance out the skill line where it wouldn't be too op but I'd think they would keep it how it was maybe in Skyrim. Which would be an interesting challenge. It is unlikely we will see playable vampire lords but for all those dawnguard wannabes that want to go slaying Volkihar Vamp of castle Volkihar Note that would be hard to do with the continuity so I doubt they will allow us to fight them.They wouldn't allow us to kill Harkon.

This is the Sunlight beam thing Isran uses in Dawnguard to tell if your a vampire or not. It looks exactly like Meridia's Beacon. Pictured down below so you can see the comparison.
    3j33ua.jpg

3j34fx.jpg
    Edited by Thevampirenight on December 11, 2019 6:39AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for minor necro, but this looked a good spot:

Has anyone else come across vampire hunters yet...?

The other day I ran across quarrelling npcs and two of them were labelled as vampire hunters.

Or were these always in game and I have just never seen them....?
    Options
  • Drakavyn_morelock
    Drakavyn_morelock
    ✭✭✭
    Coatmagic wrote: »
    Sorry for minor necro, but this looked a good spot:

Has anyone else come across vampire hunters yet...?

The other day I ran across quarrelling npcs and two of them were labelled as vampire hunters.

Or were these always in game and I have just never seen them....?

What region? I've not come across this before
    Options
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh well, here we go bois..... :D

Almost sure that vampire king guy was Yarl Harkon himself??
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh well, here we go bois..... :D

Almost sure that vampire king guy was Yarl Harkon himself??

No its a different vampire lord. Basically Harkon has long term. We will most likely not see Harkon at all since they said they are not going into the Volkihar much.
    PC NA
    Options
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No its a different vampire lord. Basically Harkon has long term. We will most likely not see Harkon at all since they said they are not going into the Volkihar much.

He said "we're not going to deal A LOT with the Volkihar Clan"

Not sure what the other guy said. "he's gonna ??? right now"
    After 1:25 hrs
    Edited by madeeh91rwb17_ESO on January 17, 2020 8:17AM
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

He said "we're not going to deal A LOT with the Volkihar Clan"

Not sure what the other guy said. "he's gonna ??? right now"
    After 1:25 hrs

Going by some of the stuff shown. We will see maybe a few Volkihars. Maybe as npc threats or foes. They looked like the skyrim versions. To add in Lord Harkon would require them to really make the model close to the way they had it in TES5 then would have to get the same Voice actor for him. They would have to make him either an ally or have him just watch. It seems like our ally vampires will be the Ravenwatch group from Highrock. They are going to have them return. I do think they will be there to help deal with the new vampire threat. The clan is already formed its just not as active right nor or if it is. Harkan is waiting till they find his daughter. That can't happen in this time period so. Its another vampire threat.
    PC NA
    Options
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    If these rumours are true then I'm pretty hyped for a dawnguard vs vampire type expac. Could be good fun. I remember a while ago the was that strange 'vampire lord' bug, maybe we'll get a vampire lord skill line?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njEwh9wxOGA

Skip to 3:07 for the glitch.

LOL i called it! vampire lord form is confirmed. The hype is real!
    PC EU
    Options