The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to stop inventory space issues in ESO

• wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    ^ It's not really about gear, with me - I've pretty much of given up on all that.

It's more about furnishings, motifs, crafting stuff (alchemy potions etc.), fragments of this and that and just general stuff piling up.

Well furnishing is easy. Just buy a house and dump it. Or buy several.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    lagrue wrote: »
    Let me break this down:
    200 slots from bag per character for a maximum of (200x18) = 3600 slots
    60 from mount per character for a maximum of (60 x 18) = 1080
    5 from the new pet, per character for a maximum of (5x18) = 90 slots
    240 from the bank - with eso plus 480
    360 slots from coffers
    Your math is off, these 60 slots per character are already included in the 200 bag slots from the line above.

You are correct, I messed up my numbers. We have 4530 potential slots, which should still be more than enough.
    Edited by lagrue on December 1, 2019 10:55PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to stop inventory space issues?

Stop hoarding, you don't need 5 different armour sets for each of 10 characters "just in case" they change the sets around.

if you don't want to stop hoarding and really think you NEED those sets then suck up the fact that your inventory is going to be clogged, its the price you pay.
  • Electricblulion
    The problem I have probably comes from wanting Eso to be more like other Elder Scrolls and have things to collect. I've been playing for about 3 years I guess and have had eso+ I think about 2 years.

I have a few homes and all the storage containers and have about 9 characters. I give all my motifs and recipes, that I can to all my characters, my main is the only one that has enough traits for all motifs though. I only keep extras for eventual new characters and only the rarer of recipes. I never keep the basic potions or foods. I keep some of the provision and alchemy writ craftables for my main because I have the skills that makes double and the daily writs are the same for the final level.

My biggest problem with inventory is armor sets. The most fun I've had in the game was adding all the pieces together to make sets. I keep one piece each and the special named edition piece of each set. All highest level. The weapons I keep one each of the two-handed and two of the one-handed. Two rings and one necklace each, and the special named edition of each. If I find a better version of the same set piece, like purple instead if blue or trait I like better, I keep the new and deconstruct the old. I also do this because I still really don't know what I want my characters to focus on being exactly or if I might change them later and I might want other armor. Some of this armor was very hard to come by for me and I don't remember which so I don't even really know what would truly be seen as junk in most people's eyes.

If eso won't give full access to to infinite storage In furniture pieces then it would be nice to have more storage crates but the large be 500 to 1000 slots and the small 250 to 500 slots. I would like all surveys, writs, recipes and motifs to take no space from inventory.

What I think would be nice is to have an armory that you can cycle through with something like a mannequin outline. You can have one piece of each set and one special edition of that piece only and two of the one-handed weapons each. They would kind of lock in place and you could only switch them out with the same set piece, regardless of color value or trait and it could only be for champion level. A jewelry box to keep one necklace and two rings of each set and their special named versions. It could be a quest to assemble them.

I would like the craft bag to be available to everyone. I would rather support eso by buying more content and stuff from the crown store then paying for a craft bag but they need to increase the amount of furnishings you can have and lower the prices to more reasonable levels and more people will buy from the crown store. The crown gem stuff should also be available to purchase for crowns or something else. They could also give people a furniture warehouse inventory with unlimited space. People that sale or craft could squirm away all kinds of furniture until they got ready to sell them or place them.

The thief guild smuggler should have the option to launder and maybe take less for fencing, that would help some people that struggle with inventory.

There should also be a way to deconstruct enchantment on the go for people that keep all of them only to deconstruct. They could make a quest of that too. Maybe the dark elf twin Reynor(sp?) could make you a gadget after doing a quest or series of quests. Then it could just be brought up in the option screen to deconstruct without being at an enchanting table.

It seems like a lot of ways to free up inventory for players. I can't hardly participate in holiday events or go on quests because 95% of my time is dealing with inventory. I'm also bad at selling to guilds. I'm apart of two guilds and I never make any money. I have terrible rng so I almost always have to buy motifs and recipes I can't find. I also remembered I save fragment pieces too. I could get rid of the armor but then I would be as equally frustrated because then besides the story, without anything to collect I would quickly lose interest in the game.

As it is I don't even have the inventory space to buy furnishing bundles from the crown store. I was going to buy the winter wonderland stuff but I can't purchase it with so little inventory and I don't feel like dealing with it. I'd probably dump the furniture somewhere I don't want to, then go back and readjust my inventory and then wonder later on if I might freak out about housing inventory space, forget that the furnishings are crown store items and get rid of them to make room. So now inventory space is preventing me from buying from the crown store. I'm at the point where i wish i could just finish the content i have left. Get to a stopping point. Drop Eso+ and take a long break away from the game because right now I'm kind of miserable not being able to play the way I want to play.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    Or you know, you can just be reasonable. I've been playing since 2016 and I haven't even maxed out bank space
    I only recently upped it from 300 to 400. I have alts, but none of them are mules, nor do they have any bag upgrades. I collect daily stuff and keep it. So what gives?

Yup.... not a problem for me. I've got gazoolas of alts.... but they aren't "extra storage". I have maxed bank on my PC NA main account. That's it.

Of course, I don't need gobs of sets, as I don't do whatever passes for "end game" in this mmo.