The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Current RASH in Cyrodiil

Odditorium
Odditorium
✭✭✭
A rash has taken over Cyrodiil. It pushes opposing players to their gates. It causes players to log off in disappointment. What causes this game-killing behavior is the needy ego of one or a few players that can't live without the constant approval of strangers at the cost of killing the enjoyment and the pvp aspect of the GAME. This is on a Monday afternoon CST. Well done!

[img][/img]fengrash_zps7genvryp.jpg
PC/NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Dandy Warhol -|- Odditorium
Oscillation Overthruster -|- Molag Trump
Kira the Gelfling -|- Varag Ghoul-Chewer
Buffy the Purple Slayer -|- Hostile Seventeen

OTG
Ayrenn's Army
AD Only
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hah I know who you're talking about, what a hero
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the old days of non-faction locking, I see a map like that, I'd be thinking... now, which of my red/yellow characters need some PvP practice, and I could be pretty certain in short order I'd find a few other players who'd obviously thought the same way. These days, I log in on my "locked" blue, see something like that, and log off again.

But yes, gate camping, in the absence of a tight campaign score, is the act of dullards and cretins. It completely kills the game. And I sincerely hope that you guys remember this when it's your faction doing it (and it will happen), and not succumb to that pesky amnesia....
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you took that pic after AD got Black Boot back? ;)

Yes it was pretty brutal in the afternoon. But DC gave up those scrolls pretty quickly when prime time came around. I was surprised how much AD was hitting EP in the evening though; a daycap for sure deserves orange/green/purple team in the evening.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC doesn't want to finish last again. LOL. They are kind of weak when the masses are logged on though. EP has ran away with this campaign but the race for 2nd is getting tighter.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    In the old days of non-faction locking, I see a map like that, I'd be thinking... now, which of my red/yellow characters need some PvP practice, and I could be pretty certain in short order I'd find a few other players who'd obviously thought the same way. These days, I log in on my "locked" blue, see something like that, and log off again.

But yes, gate camping, in the absence of a tight campaign score, is the act of dullards and cretins. It completely kills the game. And I sincerely hope that you guys remember this when it's your faction doing it (and it will happen), and not succumb to that pesky amnesia....

IT doesnt help that they do it on off hours -all the time -
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »
    DC doesn't want to finish last again. LOL. They are kind of weak when the masses are logged on though. EP has ran away with this campaign but the race for 2nd is getting tighter.

To be fair EP got a commanding lead in the first few days by daycapping not dissimilar to the DC map above.
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭
    WOW. You mean faction lock in fact did nothing to help balance campaigns? What a gosh darn shock.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odysseus87 wrote: »
    WOW. You mean faction lock in fact did nothing to help balance campaigns? What a gosh darn shock.

Faction lock was meant to curb the trolling. If you want a balanced campaign, ZOS would have to take away the choice to pick which alliance you play in. Do you really want that?
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭
    Was that the reason? Can you point me to where specifically that was stated?
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Faction lock was meant to curb the trolling. If you want a balanced campaign, ZOS would have to take away the choice to pick which alliance you play in. Do you really want that?

And how did that workout? I've seen 4 scroll trolls this camp, that I've noticed..From what I've seen lock has done absolutely nothing

Other than get me to delete any character not on my main alliance so that I can play all classes still
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Faction lock was meant to curb the trolling.

It failed.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every time I see a map like that, I sip some grape juice and pretend it is wine.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »

And how did that workout? I've seen 4 scroll trolls this camp, that I've noticed..From what I've seen lock has done absolutely nothing

Other than get me to delete any character not on my main alliance so that I can play all classes still

Pretty sure the person that you are repling to means matchmaking. Meaning you que up for cyro like you do for BGs and the game decides which side you go on.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quoted post has been removed.

DC for the last six months on PC EU NoCP. Online either before everyone logs on, or after, rarely during.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on December 11, 2019 9:08PM
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    Quoted post has been removed.

DC for the last six months on PC EU NoCP. Online either before everyone logs on, or after, rarely during.

DC has always done that on NA, never understood why they complain when it finally happens to them
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on December 11, 2019 9:09PM
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock in practice. You got what you asked for “faction loyalists”.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing a handful of posts for Baiting, we must remind everyone that all posts should be kept civil and constructive, as well as within the guidelines of the rules that we have in place. If a post can not be kept civil, it may be best not to post it as Baiting is a violation of the rules. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t understand why people complain about faction locks. Look at the unlocked CP campaign, it’s a ghost town.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

After removing a handful of posts for Baiting, we must remind everyone that all posts should be kept civil and constructive, as well as within the guidelines of the rules that we have in place. If a post can not be kept civil, it may be best not to post it as Baiting is a violation of the rules. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

-Greg-

No, you just removed posts that protested your fantastic faction lock idea, in addition to ones that named a particular player. The player naming I get, but the posts that simply said that trolling still occurred with faction lock? You just plain censored them.

Way to listen to your player base. Way to censor criticism.

Also, the naming thing. I just changed my mind. It is constructive to talk about how a single player can cause the above map. If someone actively gates and creates a toxic environment for a lot of players, it should be discussed. I’ll grant that some of the posts weren’t constructive, but it is definitely worth the community to discuss how it affects them.
    Edited by Odysseus87 on December 11, 2019 10:58PM
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings all,

-Greg-

No, you just removed posts that protested your fantastic faction lock idea, in addition to ones that named a particular player. The player naming I get, but the posts that simply said that trolling still occurred with faction lock? You just plain censored them.

Way to listen to your player base. Way to censor criticism.

Also, the naming thing. I just changed my mind. It is constructive to talk about how a single player can cause the above map. If someone actively gates and creates a toxic environment for a lot of players, it should be discussed. I’ll grant that some of the posts weren’t constructive, but it is definitely worth the community to discuss how it affects them.

I didnt realise I couldnt talk about streamers :/
    Edited by TheFM on December 12, 2019 12:19AM
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean that Kaal is the new Sotha?
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does this mean that Kaal is the new Sotha?

Many of the players that screamed for lock wanted another place for them to run the map over with no resistance. Though they will never admit it, the results speak for themselves.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The funny part is... a lot of us told them this would happen, and got howled at, berated, even called cheaters! And here we are. What has happened is exactly what was predicted. I don't even bother looking at PvP during the week now, because, as an aussie, my peak time is your off peak time, and the map looked like a variant of that every. single. night after faction lock.

So, one less person for PvP during the week. GJDM.

Edited by Mr_Walker on December 12, 2019 1:53AM
  • Lord_Bashu
    Lord_Bashu
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all a "Rash"! I planned it and executed it to make a point. You will find my response, in the proper location for this thread.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/492873/bahlokdaan-pc-na-part-ii/p4
    Edited by Lord_Bashu on December 12, 2019 11:48AM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems faction lock is a reoccurring problem on all servers
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is funny, as if this has anything to do with faction lock. Locked or unlocked you have map caping if there is no resistance.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    This thread is funny, as if this has anything to do with faction lock. Locked or unlocked you have map caping if there is no resistance.

The point is, as people keep having to repeat, is that now once this happens, the map doesn't move, because people can't log on to another character, so they end up gate camping and killing PvP for an hour min. Usually longer. Hell, we've had folk so bored that they have hit home keeps, and have broken literally every single door/wall in the keep before flipping it, and then leaving them completely unrepaired.

• TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The funny part is... a lot of us told them this would happen, and got howled at, berated, even called cheaters! And here we are. What has happened is exactly what was predicted. I don't even bother looking at PvP during the week now, because, as an aussie, my peak time is your off peak time, and the map looked like a variant of that every. single. night after faction lock.

Seemed pretty close across both active servers on PC EU. Maybe its a mentality thing.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Seemed pretty close across both active servers on PC EU. Maybe its a mentality thing.

Well, gee, that's really great, I'm glad one campaign on the games most potato server that I don't even play on was close, thank you for telling me that like it's some great news that totally justifies faction locks.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, gee, that's really great, I'm glad one campaign on the games most potato server that I don't even play on was close, thank you for telling me that like it's some great news that totally justifies faction locks.

There are only 2 campaigns worth noting in PC EU, so yeah, it is pretty telling that both campaigns, which are locked 6 hours of the day were almost within 1000 pts of each other, despite morning and night capping. Even when people change factions at campaign end it all evens out mostly towards the end. And its not our fault a that ZoS treats our server like the unwanted step child. Ironically our potential player pool is almost double the size of the US, and they still treat us like garbage shooting themselves in the foot.
    Edited by TheFM on December 18, 2019 3:33AM