The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cross-platform needs to happen (for console)..

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I stopped playing 6 months ago or so I recall that the main PvP campaign would only pop lock briefly if at all around prime time and everything else was a dead campaign. And in BGs I would fight the same groups every time. If it's anything like this on Xbox then yeah they need to merge servers because the PvP community is quite small.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You do understand that cross platform also involves getting Sony and Microsoft on the same page, making sure everyone gets paid, etc. I'd argue that the administrative overhead and effort is actually harder to overcome than the technological hurdles.

Transfering between platforms and working out compensation for purchases being moved from one to another is a nightmare, though just allowing everyone PS4/XB1/PC in the same sandbox is a pretty big tech hurdle as well. Not likely to see this at this point in the life cycle of the game...might see it in whatever replaces it.

Xbox already is already starting cross platform with pc on certain games
    There's no point for console player to play with PC. It would be an unfair fight accross all activities. Add-ons have a huge impact on PC, from hand-holding in trials to pvp improvements.

Console gamers can do everything PC people do except for Godslayer because you need time-saving addons like quick gear and abilities switch. We also have a much worse performance in trials (talking about fps drops, lags, invisible adds and so on....).

While we can do tick tocks, immortal redeemers and gryphon hearts, our times are considerably worse because of poorly optimised game, lack of time-savers and addons that tell you the mechanics.

Not that cross-platform is ever going to happen.

Solution to that would be zos certified add ons, or the more likely option, make certain addons part of the base game. And your argument that its unfair is just hogwash, I use controller and do all content in the game on pc no issue, and would even dare to say i do better than a large portion of kb and mouse users
    Edited by TheFM on December 9, 2019 11:09AM
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no. it does not. what needs to happen is they need to put some time into stable servers, adn nto nerf everything every patch.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...Add-ons have a huge impact on PC, from hand-holding in trials to pvp improvements...

Base game should have all the relevant functions added by add-ons to the game.
    I hope Zeni can add more functions in a very near future.

Multiple crafting/refining was a winning move.

QoL for everyone, I say.

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awful idea, no. I don't want to play with XB1 players on even more unstable servers, no thank you.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dunno about cross-play I wanna cosplay as EU-PC

FDGU88180.jpg
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Add-ons have a huge impact on PC, from hand-holding in trials to pvp improvements...

Base game should have all the relevant functions added by add-ons to the game.
    I hope Zeni can add more functions in a very near future.

Multiple crafting/refining was a winning move.

QoL for everyone, I say.

Yeah well look how that turned out so far... PC had skyshard map addon... ZOS idea for console? "Let's sell them skyshards."
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    You do understand that cross platform also involves getting Sony and Microsoft on the same page, making sure everyone gets paid, etc. I'd argue that the administrative overhead and effort is actually harder to overcome than the technological hurdles.

Transfering between platforms and working out compensation for purchases being moved from one to another is a nightmare, though just allowing everyone PS4/XB1/PC in the same sandbox is a pretty big tech hurdle as well. Not likely to see this at this point in the life cycle of the game...might see it in whatever replaces it.

There's no point for console player to play with PC. It would be an unfair fight accross all activities. Add-ons have a huge impact on PC, from hand-holding in trials to pvp improvements.

Console gamers can do everything PC people do except for Godslayer because you need time-saving addons like quick gear and abilities switch. We also have a much worse performance in trials (talking about fps drops, lags, invisible adds and so on....).

While we can do tick tocks, immortal redeemers and gryphon hearts, our times are considerably worse because of poorly optimised game, lack of time-savers and addons that tell you the mechanics.

Solution to that would be zos certified add ons, or the more likely option, make certain addons part of the base game. And your argument that its unfair is just hogwash, I use controller and do all content in the game on pc no issue, and would even dare to say i do better than a large portion of kb and mouse users

It's not about the controller -.- Controller has nothing to do with it, especially since it's a much better way of playing the game than a keyboard and mouse.

It's that PC has block countdowns for god's sake, or extremely visible debuff countdowns and reminders. We don't need such things on consoles and we don't even want them to be honest. What we need would be a fair chance to compete against the PC and that would probably mean removal of all add-ons and improving the game in such a way that it performs as smoothly as on PC. (Which is never going to happen. And same thing can be said about cross-platform)

At least on consoles everyone is equal and only limited by the speed of your internet.
    Edited by AgaTheGreat on December 9, 2019 5:30PM
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably cheaper for ZOS to buy every Xbox player a new PC than introduce cross play, given their numbers are apparently so low.

Atm their PC servers struggle to cope with the existing number of players, the Group Finder doesn’t work, BGs are a mess, and Guild Finder is crushing guilds. Dragons are stop motion lagfests and Cyrodiil is largely stationary. So I can see how adding cross play would seem like it would make no difference to performance.

I suspect that improving performance and developing compelling content is the best way to build Xbox EU population. And that should be easier and less expensive than buying new PCs.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ohtimbar wrote: »

Nope, cross-play is already a thing on consoles. It's ZoS and ZoS alone that's preventing it.

You spelled Sony wrong.

Although ZOS had stated numerous times they didn't envision cross play when they built the infrastructure, the biggest hurdle is still the console companies playing nice and the issue of how purchases are made.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, cross-play is already a thing on consoles. It's ZoS and ZoS alone that's preventing it.

You spelled Sony wrong.

Although ZOS had stated numerous times they didn't envision cross play when they built the infrastructure, the biggest hurdle is still the console companies playing nice and the issue of how purchases are made.

No, you failed to read and comprehend. It has already happened. Past-tense. We already have cross-play, but not for ESO.

forever stuck in combat
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea, but it’s impractical right now. The game is far from stable right now with existing populations.
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be convenient, especially considering my son's PS4 just died and he's moving to PC. All his mounts, his trophies, his characters, his achieves... gone.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want one iota of console crap interfering with my PC games.
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭

You spelled Sony wrong.

No, you failed to read and comprehend. It has already happened. Past-tense. We already have cross-play, but not for ESO.

Ohtimbar is correct. FFXIV has cross-play and cross-progression for a long time because it was the only game that Sony allowed. It worked well for FFXIV, only draw back is that if you want to also play on PC, you have to buy the game and it's expansions again.

Sony has only recently opened up cross-play to all games. So it can work, but the question here lies solely on whether ZOS wants to do it, and can do it competently.

Edited by CiliPadi on December 9, 2019 7:15PM
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »

It's not about the controller -.- Controller has nothing to do with it, especially since it's a much better way of playing the game than a keyboard and mouse.

It's that PC has block countdowns for god's sake, or extremely visible debuff countdowns and reminders. We don't need such things on consoles and we don't even want them to be honest. What we need would be a fair chance to compete against the PC and that would probably mean removal of all add-ons and improving the game in such a way that it performs as smoothly as on PC. (Which is never going to happen. And same thing can be said about cross-platform)

At least on consoles everyone is equal and only limited by the speed of your internet.

Far greater chance of addons being added to console like they do on skyrim than disabling addons for pc, I mean the only addon i really use is AUI, and i do fine.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My issue with console to console crossplay is that it's much too easy to create alt accounts on PlayStation. We have mat bots on xb1, but from what I can tell, not nearly as many as PlayStation and that is partly due to free alternate accounts.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CiliPadi wrote: »
    At least give people the ability to transfer to PC, given the abysmal performance and state of the PS4 version.

and if they already have pc and done a lot on both still transfer to old console account over. because I switched to pc and have more cp on there now but less toons and not a crafter and all those crown costumes and mounts I bought on ps4 that I don't have on pc.
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc