Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Infinite Psijic Villa load screen loop

raintazz
raintazz
Soul Shriven

After being able to use the Psijic Villa for over a year suddenly I have been having a recurring load screen loop for 3 months now. First time it happened, I pulled up the map, choose the Psijic Villa icon and attempted to travel there. I got the normal Psijic Villa load screen but then a loud screeching sound was heard, the spinning ouroboros stopped, the screen went black, then I got the blue PlayStation screen stating that an error has occurred in the following application- the Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel unlimited, with 2 boxes saying, suggested action and report problem. I tried to report the problem, but this only took me to the PlayStation page. I reloaded the game; picked the character I was using only to end up in an infinite load screen loop. I have at this point sent in several tickets about this matter. 3 to 4 tickets were sent in under “get my character unstuck”. This seemed to work, as my character was removed from the Villa and placed in an alliance town. But it was only a temporary fix, as it has happened again and again. One of the return tickets suggested I make sure my game was up to date (it is), to power cycle the console, clear saved data and uninstall/reinstall the game. I did all this, and it was a temporary fix. I thought it was due to high traffic on the sever during the weekend. So, I stopped going to my Villa on the weekends, but then it happened during the week too. I also tried not traveling directly to the Villa using the map. I would go to a wayshrine, travel to Artaeum, run up to the college and use the portal to the Villa, but I ended up in the same load screen loop no matter what I did. The last time I got stuck in the infinite load screen loop I was not at my Villa, I was at a guild members Villa, the game froze and when I tried to reload the game my character was again stuck in the Psijic Villa load screen loop. I sent in another ticket but got nowhere. I was told by technical team that they could not find my account, for some reason it showed up as the ticket was sent in under Xbox not PS4 even though I sent it in under PS4. I was told to do all the above mention steps to get my character unstuck again. And was told to put in a report bug ticket by typing in */bug* in the chat window while in game. This is not an option for me as I cannot load the character due to it being in an infinite load screen loop. I have already uninstalled/reinstalled the game to get my character out of the infinite load screen loop multiple times now. The never ending getting stuck in the infinite Psijic Villa load screen loop is impeding my game play. I can no longer use the Psijic Villa as my primary house, which has my crafting tables. I am not sure how to remove the furniture due to not being able to load the Villa. I can no longer participate in one of my guilds because their guild hall is a Psijic Villa that has all the attuned crafting tables to make armor and do Master writs with. No longer can I visit any players home that is a Psijic Villa. All due to this never ending Psijic Villa load screen loop.
Below is the last response I received for the elder scrolls online team.
Greetings! Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Jonny and it would be my pleasure to assist you today. I completely understand the frustration that you must be having with this villa! I have looked over all your previous tickets and that you have performed all the troubleshooting that we have sent you. It turns out the villa is too large for the PlayStation 4 to handle in most cases which explains why it loads in sometimes and refuses to other times. Since all the troubleshooting we have provided has been exhausted there is nothing more that we can do to assist. I would keep an eye out for our patch notes here. I apologize that this has not been of much help to you. I would also suggest referring to our forums if another player has solved this issue on their own, at your own risk, however. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach back out to us here at customer support so that we may investigate the issues you may be experiencing. Thank you for your continued interest and support! Warm Regards, Jonathan The Elder Scrolls Online Team
I feel this response is a copout and here is why. The main guild I belong to has 230 members and uses a Psijic Villa as the guild hall. Many of these members also have the Psijic Villa and not one of them have said they had an infinite Psijic Villa load screen loop ever. I also belong to a house decorating guild with 500 members which most of them also have the Psijic Villa. Again, not one of them has the infinite Psijic Villa load screen loop. My husband also has the Psijic Villa and uses it as his primary with no issues. I did a test to see if it was just my PlayStation by signing into my account on my husband’s PlayStation. Need less to say, I ended up with one of characters stuck in an infinite Psijic Villa load screen loop. I logged out of the PlayStation and my husband logged in on the same PlayStation. He was able to go to his Villa, the guild hall Villa and other players Villas, all with no issue.
The problem is somewhere in my account saved on the ESO server not with my PlayStation. It would be nice if the ESO team could investigate this a little more diligently and come up a real solution.
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried loading into the villa on a different character? Whenever I have a reoccurring problem like this I always switch characters. This forces the server to flush previous account and character data as it loads the new character.

Do you have any issues with other games on your PS4?
  • raintazz
    raintazz
    Soul Shriven
    I have never had an issues with any other game on my ps4.

• ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to suggest reinstalling but it seems you've already tried this, I hope your problems get fixed soon.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you try another character going to the Villa? I know that might risk a problem with that toon as well, but I really can’t think of anything else to try.

You’ve ruled out the house itself, since others can go there, and you ruled out the console/hardware.

Perhaps your character has something in your inventory, or a combat pet, or something else that is causing a problem. Maybe even a costume or something odd like that.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• raintazz
    raintazz
    Soul Shriven
    I have taken all my characters there and all got stuck in the loop. I have empty my inventory, have no combat pets and removed costume, personalities. Nothing seems to work.

At this point all I can do is avoid all psijic villas.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, that is both inexplicable and terrible. I can’t think of anything else at the moment but will keep it on the back burner and see if anything comes up.

That customer service was really...I don’t know what to say. I know lots of players on PS4 that have the Villa and no one has ever said they have a problem.

The only other thing might be that you are close to the max number of slots, but at this point there is no way for you to remove any items from the house. Then again, it’s not just your Villa but any one. I’m totally baffled.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can your spouse or other players go to your Villa? I know that you said your spouse was able to visit his Villa, the guild's Villa, and other player's Villas, so I'm assuming he tried to go to yours? Just double-checking.

This is very strange, though, as it doesn't seem to be an issue with your Villa, since you're having the problem with any Villa. I would guess that there is some issue with your character - some bug that was created the first time you tried to go to your Villa and got the loading loop? But then, you said that it happens to all your characters, so then I would guess something at the account level?

I'm sorry that none of us can really help you, but only guess as to what the issue may be. Unless there's someone else out there who's had the same problem and managed to fix it. It's a real bummer that you can't enjoy this house. Have you tried putting in another ticket or responding to this previous ticket with all the information regarding what you've done to troubleshoot the problem after you got their reply? It might help them to know that no matter what PS you're using, you can't visit your or anyone else's Villa with any of your characters, but that they can visit theirs and yours just fine? It may not help, but I'd try to at least give them some evidence contrary to "PS4 sometimes can't handle the Villa."
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe that is a good suggestion, I don’t know what exactly it will tell us, but it is another piece of information
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• raintazz
    raintazz
    Soul Shriven
    My husband can go to my villa as well as other players with no issues. I have had guild member test this for me.
    I have sent all this information in on another ticket and I'm presently waiting for the agent to check it out.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    raintazz wrote: »
    My husband can go to my villa as well as other players with no issues. I have had guild member test this for me.
    I have sent all this information in on another ticket and I'm presently waiting for the agent to check it out.

Well that seems to be something with your account since all of your characters have the problem in your house and all other villas, but no one else has a problem with visiting your house.

I sure hope you get some help from ZOS on this. I know I’d be very angry if this was happening to me.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    raintazz wrote: »

Well that seems to be something with your account since all of your characters have the problem in your house and all other villas, but no one else has a problem with visiting your house.

I sure hope you get some help from ZOS on this. I know I’d be very angry if this was happening to me.

Agreed! I hope they can resolve this issue for you. I, too, am guessing this is some account issue, since it happens with all your characters with any Psijic Villa, and not just an issue with your Villa (like too many furnishings or some such), or a PS4 issue.

Good luck to you!
  • punkgal78
    punkgal78
    Soul Shriven
    I’m having the exact problem!!
    They have been no help to me either.
    5 years I have invested in my 3 main toons and all are trapped at the psijic villa.
    I also have tried everything....
    My next step is cancel ESO+ and delete!!!!!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
  • punkgal78
    punkgal78
    Soul Shriven
    @raintazz did you sort the problem????