The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Breton or Highelf or Argonian

Neivos
Neivos
Which would make a better Templar healer and Why?
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Breton imo. For the extra magicka and reduced magicka cost. Plus resistances and magicka regen. Seems like a no brainer for a healing character.
    Edited by Neoealth on December 7, 2019 11:13PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Bretton.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lizards for life
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're all good Templar healers in their own way.

Breton happens to be the most popular due to their sustain and extra Spell Resist
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say, Breton if you want to go with "best" from the stats and all that...

High elves are a bit better for the magica DPS role I suppose, and lizards are... more of a special case anyhow (and also make far better wardens, lore-wise. Just sayin.).

Still, they are all within shouting distance of each other, so... I'd say, to those who want to play as healer, go with what you find more fun?
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Elf, literally the only playable class. all other races are trash and should die
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    They're all good Templar healers in their own way.

Breton happens to be the most popular due to their sustain and extra Spell Resist

^This.^

My Templar Healer is Altmer though ...

JMDNeiX.jpg
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 8, 2019 12:32AM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer, because stamina on a mag character is OP
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orjix wrote: »
    Dark Elf, literally the only playable class. all other races are trash and should die

Why more people dont get this, I will never understand.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Breton for PvE. For pvp it’s a little more complicated.

Depends how much stamina you want. Argonian > Altmer > Breton for stamina sustain.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit is the correct answer to this question. I assume it's a trick question...
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton. Better looking. Nobody wants cpr from an argonian
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer master race for lyf
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian. Breton has more sustain? Chugg a potion. Altmer has more damage? Chugg a potion. nps!
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Argonians are best race. Bretons are arguably more BIS. Altmer is nice if you wanna switch it to magplar sometimes.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, tbh Templar is so easy than it realy doesn't matter which race you choose since everything he need is build in the class.
    So, just choose what you love.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because N'wah
    I have 3 magicka toons, 2 dunmers (magblade and magcro) and a breton (magplar). I really struggle with disgust each time I need to play on Breton, I did all I can for backstory, for interesting looks, but she all the same feel so cheap and shallow, so easy and potato-ish..
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvE it's Breton > Argonian > Altmer
    For PvP it's also Breton > Argonian > Altmer but the gaps between them become closer.

Some things to keep in mind.
    -Breton has superior sustain to Argonians even when they are drinking potions
    -For PvP the Argonians' ability to "reset" a fight is great and should not be underestimated
    -Argonians are immune to some forms (but not all) of defile, which is useful in PvP especially when you rely on selfhealing
    -Argonians are only better than Altmer as long as you constantly drink potions, which can get expensive
    -Altmer and Breton have better damage than Argonians
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

as a dark elf stamblade.. ehm.. because when you min max for pve, the of stat doesnt matter for dps and healer. breton and altmer has the highest magicka thats it.

for stam its orc.

for min maxers ability to switch whenever you want without spending tokens doesnt matter
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bretons are better looking.
    More Sustain you will kick yourself if you dont chose it for PVE

Altmer are the Chosen ones

Argonian Master Race!
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton for sure.

Looking at passives & comparing those from magicka healer perspective:

Argonian:
    + 1K magicka
    + 6% Healing done
    + 4K magicka "recovery" ever 45 seconds (proc-passive, consumes potions).

Breton:
    + 2K magicka
    + 7% Magicka abilities cost reduction

Highelf:
    + 2K magicka
    + 258 spell dmg

Dark Elf
    + 1.875K magicka
    + 258 sepll dmg.

Khajiit
    + 0.825K magicka
    + 85 magicka recovery
    + 10% more critical healing

Out of those I would chose Breton as it has best combo of high dmg / healing & sustain.

- Argonian has the worst / lowest healing out of all "magicka" races - despite having 6% healing done. Healing done is still probably the weakest bonus in game.
    - Breton: Best choice for a healer. Good combination of High bonus to magicka skill strength (this includes healing) and best sustain passive in game for magicka characters.
    - Highelf: If you manage to sustain, it will have more healing than Breton.
    - Dark Elf: Similar to Highelf.
    - Khajiit: Has a lot of potential & can be a very good healer if you build for at least 50% or more spell crit.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 8, 2019 10:14AM
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton Master race.

In all seriousness, their +100 recovery is really good and with the 7% cost reduction, IMO, it outweighs Argonian. Argonian healing is nice, but I think the ultra sustain of Breton just outweighs it allowing a lot more resource management for more healing.

Breton spell resistance is amazing in trials, and in some cases you can take out some in spell shield for other CP's. If you're PvPing or even PvEing (in some cases) you can have status effects on you doubling the spell resist. So the tankyness is nice on healers, since you don't really want to die.

So all in all - Breton.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian. Because swimming.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main templar healer is an Argonian... My secondary templar healer is a Breton... I like both. Sustain is better on the Breton. But that potion passive is awesome... (unless you're trying to keep your stam under 50% to run Martial Knowledge, then the potion passive is a hindrance!)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton for sure.

Looking at passives & comparing those from magicka healer perspective:

Argonian:
    + 1K magicka
    + 6% Healing done
    + 4K magicka "recovery" ever 45 seconds (proc-passive, consumes potions).

Breton:
    + 2K magicka
    + 7% Magicka abilities cost reduction

Highelf:
    + 2K magicka
    + 258 spell dmg

Dark Elf
    + 1.875K magicka
    + 258 sepll dmg.

Khajiit
    + 0.825K magicka
    + 85 magicka recovery
    + 10% more critical healing

Out of those I would chose Breton as it has best combo of high dmg / healing & sustain.

- Argonian has the worst / lowest healing out of all "magicka" races - despite having 6% healing done. Healing done is still probably the weakest bonus in game.
    - Breton: Best choice for a healer. Good combination of High bonus to magicka skill strength (this includes healing) and best sustain passive in game for magicka characters.
    - Highelf: If you manage to sustain, it will have more healing than Breton.
    - Dark Elf: Similar to Highelf.
    - Khajiit: Has a lot of potential & can be a very good healer if you build for at least 50% or more spell crit.

@Tommy_The_Gun You forgot the 100 mag recovery Breton get on their spell resist passive.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Statements like these just make me smile when i remember the absolute whooping the Argonians will give them in the 4th Era.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bretons for healers. Their magic sustain is excellent, and they have a resistance to magic on top of that.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Breton. Hair color allows options light enough to have Silver jewelry

High elf only get the Copper colored jewelry no matter how light the hair color.

If I'm gonna get killed on a regular basis I want the character to look good.

:#
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    lizard if you pvp sometimes.
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breton by a long shot.

Even when Breton only had 3% spell cost reduction magicka sustain was pretty evenly matched with Argonian potion passive. Now it's 7% so there's really no contest. Templar spells are very expensive, so sustain is quite hard on Dark Elf or High Elf. You would be forced to either do heavy attacks or use Spell Symmetry every 2nd rotation to be able to sustain in PvE. Which will eat into your damage quite a lot since you lose a GCD, most likely outweighing that extra 335 spell damage you get from racial bonuses (with Major & Minor Sorcery).

Also going vampire will be more dangerous on High Elf because you have less resistance than either Dark Elf (fire resistance) or Breton (spell resistance) - a large chunk of incoming damage in trials and dungeons is flame, and they also changed how the multipliers stack up so high stage vampires take much more damage than they used to.

As for PvP specifically stamina sustain is not hard, if you build for it. For example I paired Amberplasm & Shacklebreaker on mine so I have >1K stamina recovery (1.2K with tri-pots) and still decent magicka pool and spell damage: 31K and 3.3K respectively on no-CP. I can reach 26.5K spell resistance and 20K physical resistance in light armor; on CP that increases to 30K/24.5K respectively (as high as heavy armor) and 37K maximum magicka (not far from a typical PvE DD build). Basically what you gain in sustain you can invest in damage and you are tankier to boot.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |