The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove the stun from 'Streak'

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tolino wrote: »
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    Rune Cage is not a good stun, because that second delay is a telegraph that practically screams "DODGE ME". Sure, potatoes will get caught in it, but any player who recognises the visual and knows what to do will not be locked down by it, unless you get perfect timing.

Rune Cage is better as you think. Sure, you can easily dodge it. But at the same time you can burn down the Stampool realy fast!
    But Streak is at the moment just better.
    The stun on Streak is fine. The unblockable Stun is to strong!

Not really. TBH, l2p has to do mainly with knowing how and when you use dodgeroll. Spamming DRs is never a good idea. In the case of cage, sometimes it is much better to get the stun and then break free, so cage is disabled during 6 secs. But those strategies demannd a smart build too.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    This thread is ridiculous.

Almost every one has access to a really good CC (= Unblockable/undogeable or CC that allow true combo )

True combo : it's weaving by using a minimum charged heavy attack + your burst ability. The fact that the stun and the ability hit in the SAME GLOBAL COOLDOWN make the skill used having 100% chance to hit + the time the ennemy take for break free may lead to a second hit.

An unblocable/undogeable stun does not allow to guaranteed the burst skill that follow to hit. Using streak to stun then firing a procced frag will lead to have the frag blocked or dodged 100% of the time if the ennemy is good.

A skill that stun take 1 GCD to be used and breaking free take less than 1 GCD. That's mean you have the time to break the stun and dodge/block by the time the skill used right after the stun land on you.

An uncounterable stun make the stun non avoidable, but make the following burst coming right after ALWAYS counterable if you are a good player.

A medium attack weaved into the burst can be countered if you see it coming BUT if it lands,it make the burst 100% guaranted.

One have a 100% chance to stun but up to 0% chance to land the burst while the other have a chance to not stun but 100% chance to land the burst if it stun.

Every stamina class have access to a uncounterable stun called Turn Evil.

Every stamina class have access to a true combo stun from dizzing swing off balance.

A stamina boi hwo complain about not having a good stun available is a boi hwo need to L2P.

Magicka NB have fear ( uncounterable) (stamblade have off balance stun)

Magicka DK have fossilize (uncounterable) (can be used by stam dk too)

Magicka Necro have fear totem (uncounterable) - this one is very bad and poorly designed because the 2s delay

Magicka sorc have streak (uncounterable) (can be used by stamsorc too)

Only templar and warden doesn't have a uncounterable/true combo stun.

Magicka Templar still have toppling charge which is still a good stun because all the effect around

Magicka Warden are *** hard.

Theze 3 class left offen use vampire drain with cut anim as a decent stun.

There is no reason to cry about streak stun, because streak stun does not allow to combo a skilled player.

Also remember that the delay after streak + 180° turn + crystal frag minimum travel time + cyrstal frag true travel time make the sorc "burst" even more avoidable than classical 1 GCD stun skills.

Oh , look who's here :trollface: Now that (snip) SnB got absolutely butchered, you start calling l2p on people when they do the same for your precious zoo sorcerer, (snip).

As you should know, I am not the guy hwo take balance decisions.

S&B was heavely overperforming for 3 reasons : it had the highest damage output from bash + crazy amount of buff and debuff grouped into a spammable and a stun + allowed the best defense from the S&B tank bonus. I complained rightfully about Fact.

ZoS butchered for sure S&B and it's not what I wanted at all. If they removed major defile from reverb to minor + bash nerf and increased the cost of heroic slash it would be enough to bring it in line with other weapons while making it a good option to use. ZoS nerfed every into the ground, not my fault.

You are complaining about being bursted after a Streak stun. A good player is able to break free and roll/block before the skill following the stun land.

This is a fact. Not an opinion. And not being able to do it is either a lag problem, a mistake or a L2P issue.

It's because that fact than Streak stun isn't unbalanced. It guarantees the stun but not the burst. When ruge cage was OP, it was because it guaranteed the stun + the burst (because it was a delayed uncounterable stun).

Also, I never spoke about pets here.

You should concentrate on the subject with the arguments brought instead of bashing someone on his gameplay/opinions about an other subject with no link to this one.
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on December 10, 2019 3:32PM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Streak needs absolutely no adjustment in regards to combat utility.

This skill is a straight up bicycle skill though, 95% of the sorcs I come across immediately get on their bicycle and pedal to the nearest zerg - remove the cost increase and give it 3 charges, charges replenish in 8 seconds.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just feel like the stun from steak is overkill; I wouldn't mind it if it maybe applied minor maim (15% damage done debuff) or something to the enemy, but a stun? For a mobility tool? Seems a bit OP.

I mean, they already have their crystal fragments for a stun.

Sorry for the small post, I didn't know what else to say.

You should read the patch notes from 2 years ago or actually play the damn class. Chrystal fragment doesn't stun dude. Maim is a freaking strong debuff, how would tying that to a mobility skill be balanced?

True. I do find it interesting when people include false information in their complaints.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is.. what comes to Streak, when i am against msorcs on my other class brawlers even if/when they get it done perfectly so the Stun hits and exactly same time Meteor to the face (even a Critting one) i can survive that and before they have turned i am dodge rolling reactively after fast break-free (out of the Meteor dot area) since know the combo continues and then i am already healed back to full in the next 2-3 seconds.

That is how it in reality goes, and then it is my turn to gap close, dizzy, heavy, Onslaught, Executioner. >:)

*disclaimer: works like that in majority of cases when no lag not too many million enemies spamming stuff. Streak is strong, as it should be, but not something that makes msorcs be dominant against my brawlers atleast. My magblade has weakness to it since currently it is full glass mode and i accept it if get caught and getting high crit hits and boom baby. :p Then again, my own combo melts enemies if it hits first..

I always hope though that people who defend the skills of their "main class" also understand that if they go after other classes viable skills (be it class skills or weapon/guild/world) and if those get butchered, they will come after yours next if those are the only skills left that "works". So, never ask others to get butchered unless be ready to get your favourite equivalent skill then get the same. People are vindictive if they just get nerf after nerf.. they will do then same to you just to spread the misery.

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vindictive? This forum?
    NAAAAAH!
    *pierces NB vodoo doll*
    >:3
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Streak does not need a nerf. Sorc needs a reliable stun.

Everybody needs a reliable stun. However everyone also needs counterplay of some sort. Streak stun does not need to be unblockable. I'm not saying remove the stun, I'm saying the buff to make it unblockable not only made rune prison a pointless ability , but also removed the only counterplay against streak stun.

Abilities like d.swing/draining shot/reverb bash are no good as CC anymore, but even when they were at their strongest, these abilities were both blockable and dodgeable. You could make an argument for fossilize, which recently had a cost nerf, however you can not use fossilize as a gapcloser or escape.

Streak is a class defining ability and thats fine. But class defining or not there should be something I can do about it. I can't run away from a sorc, I can't block, I can't dodge it, Its absurd that a stamsorc can ALWAYS streak into onslaught or a magsorc will have constant pressure against me as a Dk, who should be the ''attrition class''.

Well if you are going to compare it to other stuns at least put all the parameters in ur comparison. When you stun people with streak, u wait for the animation to end and u also end up looking the other way and for a class revolving around lining up different abilities at the same time, waiting for the animation to finish and having to turn around after ur stun before following up with ur burst is actually a prety big deterrent to the effectiveness of ur combo.

If streak stun was the same as fossilize or old rune cage ud see hordes of people demanding for the skill to be nerfed to the ground like u did with old rune cage but u don't see that because while both being undodgeable and unblockable, their practical application is very different.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as streak continues to pull scrub blades outta stealth that’s all that matters to me. But it’s funny to see all the bad swerving 1v1s forum blades asking for the stun removal.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on December 10, 2019 3:26PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here we go.

I never even liked dswing, javelin, take flight, streak, etc but now it’s the principle of the matter.
    It’s not about useful skills for a build anymore. It’s about sending a message.
    Edited by max_only on December 10, 2019 5:49PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone got killed by a sorc in PvP.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so funny!!!! Last week we had a Sorc in the forum asking ZOS to remove the stun from DK Leap, and Templar Toppling Charge. And now, we have this post. Hahaha bring out the popcorn....
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    and also nerf cloak
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streak should be the base skill.
    Ball of Lightning should be Morph #1
    Morph #2 should be regular bolt escape, but with the cost greatly reduced
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    This is so funny!!!! Last week we had a Sorc in the forum asking ZOS to remove the stun from DK Leap, and Templar Toppling Charge. And now, we have this post. Hahaha bring out the popcorn....

You really surprised? It's pretty obvious that most people calling for nerfs have only played the game in their own little bubble, know that they've only played in their own little bubble, and yet are perfectly fine talking about stuff outside of that bubble, that they have absolutely no understanding of. It's a plague, and I swear it will be the downfall of ESO, not ZoS.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ultimate pet sorcerer says nerf every skill every DEADric summoning skill...lol o wait they did that already. Steak,Better nerf that 2.i say yes nerf steak along with every gap closer that stun
  • Expert
    Expert
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add a cast time to matriach petheals if you're going to retain that heal strength. Add some counters so I can happily punish every bad player on sorc.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    Abyssmol wrote: »

You really surprised? It's pretty obvious that most people calling for nerfs have only played the game in their own little bubble, know that they've only played in their own little bubble, and yet are perfectly fine talking about stuff outside of that bubble, that they have absolutely no understanding of. It's a plague, and I swear it will be the downfall of ESO, not ZoS.

Too much people coming from fps fortnite/PUBG type of games, trying to model ESO to their mindset instead of learning this game.

The saddest part is that ZoS seem pretty focused on their opinions, so that leave us out of the picture...

If you ask any of those new players how much time it tooks them to get CP 160, they'll probably tell you that it was a long work of at least one month... while it took us years in some cases to get VR 12/14 long ago.
    Edited by Xvorg on December 11, 2019 3:46PM

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ultimate pet sorcerer says nerf every skill every DEADric summoning skill...lol o wait they did that already. Steak,Better nerf that 2.i say yes nerf steak along with every gap closer that stun

You know what's also funny is that I see you here posting in this discussion. YOU were the one asking for the DK leap and toppling charge nerf... well it's not surprising - nerf every other skill but not mine.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skill has worked fine for 6 years and now all of sudden needs to be nerfed. Yeah, ok.

I would normally agree. However, Streak is definitely an abused skill at the moment. BG's is a nightmare with Shield-stacking Sorc pre-mades that abuse the *** outta Streak and C-Frag procs seem to be back-to-back-to-back, as if the proc chance isn't as low as it seems.

To the point, in No-CP environments with lower resource pools and lower recoveries Streak doesn't seem to be affected as much. Sorcs that build for high defense + shield-stacking with easily the most versatile escape/engagement tool are difficult, let alone a group of 3-4 at the same time.

Streak should not apply a stun if casting without a target.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes nerf streak all true sorc need is a snare removal. NERF ALL FORMS OF GAP CLOSERS
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No nerf sorc pets all true sorc needs is streak. NERF ALL HATERS AND TATERS, PRECIOUS
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NERF ALL HATERS AND TATERS, PRECIOUS

A-***-men.
  • Varkal2112
    Varkal2112
    ✭✭✭
    Oh look, the same person who cries about how veteran mazzatun is "too hard", is also crying about sorc being op and is asking for necro to be buffed on another thread. What a surprise
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    Streak should be blockable. It was fine before. Now it is overperforming.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streak should be blockable. It was fine before. Now it is overperforming.

I like all your arguments.

Really made me think about it.

So clever.
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it is what it is. I play magsorc more than any other class but i also play other classes. I wouldnt go make a thread about unblockable streak stun myself, it is not big of a deal but it is true that unblockable streak stun isnt the right direction for the pvp. It is not a killer ability but it does not have any counter play. You just cant l2p against streak. Any other stun in the game, you can l2p against. That is the difference. Make it blockable again, then it is fair game for streak. Dont need to list every stun in the game and make a huge list with pros and cons, just go out there with any toon other than magsorc and see it for yourself. And right now, there are 3 other good stuns in the game, anyway: templar, dk ult, fossilize. First two you can just block and last one you keep distance, that is the counter play. And btw, i would argue to make vampire stun 7m, as well. 12m is too good of a distance for that stun. But again, they are not breaking pvp, anyway. Just minor issues.
    Edited by albertberku on December 13, 2019 8:42PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, it is what it is. I play magsorc more than any other class but i also play other classes. I wouldnt go make a thread about unblockable streak stun myself, it is not big of a deal but it is true that unblockable streak stun isnt the right direction for the pvp. It is not a killer ability but it does not have any counter play. You just cant l2p against streak. Any other stun in the game, you can l2p against. That is the difference. Make it blockable again, then it is fair game for streak. Dont need to list every stun in the game and make a huge list with pros and cons, just go out there with any toon other than magsorc and see it for yourself. And right now, there are 3 other good stuns in the game, anyway: templar, dk ult, fossilize. First two you can just block and last one you keep distance, that is the counter play. And btw, i would argue to make vampire stun 7m, as well. 12m is too good of a distance for that stun. But again, they are not breaking pvp, anyway. Just minor issues.

Leap is not a stun for Talos sake!!!

It is a knockback, the same knockback in scatter shot or flame clench

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This 100%. Everything should have a counter play.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AOE unblockable stun on non-ultimate gap closer. 4 free purges on free ability. Nerf dots to do just slightly more damage then properly build spammables. Unbreakable silence on incap. 15m range spammable for melee class. Stamina pet instead of class spammable. Why not lol.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just feel like the stun from steak is overkill; I wouldn't mind it if it maybe applied minor maim (15% damage done debuff) or something to the enemy, but a stun? For a mobility tool? Seems a bit OP.

I mean, they already have their crystal fragments for a stun.

Sorry for the small post, I didn't know what else to say.

It is incredibly annoying, so I"m with you.

I wish they would just remove stuns from PvP period. This game's PvP would be more fun without them. That or just bring back the old unstoppable ability which gave players an effective way to counter it.
This discussion has been closed.