The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Error 304: This account is already logged In

cyclonus11
cyclonus11
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This is the first time I've tried to log in today and I'm getting this error. I've tried restarting the client and I get the same. PC/NA

eEbGSxr.jpg

Edited by cyclonus11 on December 6, 2019 12:22AM
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scary, isn't it? Makes you think you've been hacked. Just keep restarting (that's what I do). It'll connect eventually.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    unusual for a 1st login usually happens after a disconnect while the server catches up
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very common after being disconnected due to lag. It used to (snip) me off if I couldn't get back in cyrodiil in time to avoid the que to get back in....but now I just go do something other than ESO.
    Edited by Cavedog on December 6, 2019 12:29AM
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scary, isn't it? Makes you think you've been hacked. Just keep restarting (that's what I do). It'll connect eventually.

FINALLY able to log in - took forever. Immediately had to check my stuff and it looks like everything's still there. Extremely low FPS, though.

Why this error message, though? That's too freaky.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, lag and FPS were so bad that I got stuck running in place on my way to fight a dragon and remained stuck there for THE ENTIRE DURATION OF THE DRAGON FIGHT.

So pissed. :|
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »

FINALLY able to log in - took forever. Immediately had to check my stuff and it looks like everything's still there. Extremely low FPS, though.

Why this error message, though? That's too freaky.

Your European PC brethren have been dealing with this on and off for months. Great game!

9tStA4S.jpg
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have had this happen many times this week, first login attempt of the day after not playing the game since the previous night. Took about 6 attempts to finally let me into the game.

Today hubby got same message, first login of day and he hadn't been in game since yesterday afternoon. Took him five minutes to finally get in the game, even after doing a complete restart of his computer.

Then while we were killing our first dragon to get a ticket he crashed and took him another 3-5 minutes to log back in. Needless to say he wasn't able to loot the dead dragon and we proceeded to kill 4 more dragons, yet he was unable to get his 2 tickets for the day. Seems the crashed cost him the ticket.

This has been happening to several people in the guilds we are in. We were running a dungeon group and two people disconnected with the same message upon trying to log in. Took them both up to 10 minutes to get back into game to finish the pledge. All on PC NA and making players feel as if their account had been hacked.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you tell us if you are aware of this issue and if/when there will be a fix?
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Took me three tries with this stupid error and then finally I'm getting in.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have had this happen many times this week, first login attempt of the day after not playing the game since the previous night. Took about 6 attempts to finally let me into the game.

Today hubby got same message, first login of day and he hadn't been in game since yesterday afternoon. Took him five minutes to finally get in the game, even after doing a complete restart of his computer.

Then while we were killing our first dragon to get a ticket he crashed and took him another 3-5 minutes to log back in. Needless to say he wasn't able to loot the dead dragon and we proceeded to kill 4 more dragons, yet he was unable to get his 2 tickets for the day. Seems the crashed cost him the ticket.

This has been happening to several people in the guilds we are in. We were running a dungeon group and two people disconnected with the same message upon trying to log in. Took them both up to 10 minutes to get back into game to finish the pledge. All on PC NA and making players feel as if their account had been hacked.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you tell us if you are aware of this issue and if/when there will be a fix?

You could try this suggestion, and wait upwards of 15-20 minutes before attempting to log in again:
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Sprotch_16_ESO

Have you been able to log in today?

For Error 304 you may need to wait 15 to 20 minutes before attempting to login.

(This is a triple A video game, maintained by a company that is worth millions. Buy Crowns now! $ubscribe!)
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    This is the first time I've tried to log in today and I'm getting this error. I've tried restarting the client and I get the same. PC/NA

eEbGSxr.jpg

Change pw incase, if you where on and get dced then this happeneds
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is meant to be a 30-second delay until you can log in again. That was implemented in a recent patch (U24?). But it seems that’s 30 seconds from the time the server realizes you’re actually not logged in anymore - or so I presume from the fact it usually takes me 2-3 minutes to get past it.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah every time I DC these days I stead of getting this error once (as normal), I get it endlessly.

One fix is to log into the other server. In most cases it'll let you do that, trigger your logout on the server you actually want to get into, and then you just go back and can login.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    There is meant to be a 30-second delay until you can log in again. That was implemented in a recent patch (U24?). But it seems that’s 30 seconds from the time the server realizes you’re actually not logged in anymore - or so I presume from the fact it usually takes me 2-3 minutes to get past it.

Most of us are referring to the fact that the very first time we try to log into the game for the day, not disconnected, we are getting the Account Already Logged In message. Leaving a lot of people to panic and thinking that their accounts have been hacked.
  • Achasse
    Achasse
    ✭✭
    Getting the same, did not lag out or crash out. first thing today tried to log in and got the message, the 5th time trying finally i got in. Wish there was authenticator that could be used for an another step for logging to make sure that no is hacking or that i can confirm the account holder is the one trying to log in. ever since Nov 2019 have been getting the Error 304 almost every 2 weeks.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This and maybe change the PW for the game and email to make sure.

I logged into a character for the first time in months. Decided to do a horse training but one had already been stared 4 hours prior. Try that for something odd. Yes, I changed my PWs.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been seeing this more frequently lately. I start the game for the first time that day and get this error after entering my password to login. If I turn around and try again it will usually get right into the game. I couldn't tell you if it is an incorrect message or if things aren't getting reset from the last time I logged off but something needs to be fixed in the game.
  • protofeckless
    protofeckless
    ✭✭✭
    Yah that dialog is the most frustrating dialog in the game because you see it WAY too often, it blames the player (WTF) and it's just always false.

It needs be changed to an apology for this broken product.

So much lost AP during Mayhem staring at this ridiculous dialog.