The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

When pvp was most fun

ThePhantomThorn
ThePhantomThorn
✭✭✭✭
i know i have done a poll like this before but kinda skrewed it up.

but title says it all. when did you enjoy pvp the most
and sry i got a few patches muddled. so many of them now

When pvp was most fun 115 votes

dragonhold
2%
CastanamereMayraelCompM4s 3 votes
scalebeaker
4%
martinhpb16_ESODr_GanknsteinJierdanitSergykidValabrog 5 votes
elsweyr
1%
SoixanteNeufNevidyra 2 votes
wrathstone
3%
Freakin_Hyttejcm2606ThePedgemilllaurie 4 votes
murkmire - summerset
6%
Jimmy_The_FixerTommy_The_GunXologamerMizoreReyesPlasma_ElfJinxxNDLuedeJoinovikova 8 votes
dragon bones - clockwork city
6%
kollege14a5DottzgamingNyassaVcolossalvoidsNerftheforumsThePhantomThornATomiX69Rahar 8 votes
morrowind - horns of the reach
7%
SolarikenHowlKimchiChunkyCatTimeDazzlerRighteousBaconTheRedRavenTRevonieeWyrd88calikush51 9 votes
pre morrowind (dark brotherhood, theives guild, orsinium, imperial city, shadows of the hist)
29%
SodanTokIdinuseChefZeroZorgon_The_RevengedNolaArchXvorgReverbDerraHexquisiteLord-OttoZer0_CooLNBrookusAedaryla_salty_pirateShinshadowAsardesOldaranessUrbanMonkTrinotopsNirnroot420 34 votes
pre one tamriel (dark ages)
36%
ssewallb14_ESOIruil_ESOTurelusIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOWillhelmBlackkillingspreeb16_ESODavadinOdysseus87DRTEbooksmcreadBashevIndorilArwynLlethranpsypandaHymzirshockjockeyRagnaroek93Cathexisroflcoptergitch2TBois 42 votes
  • FPH
    FPH
    ✭✭
    You miss one option: Pre 1.2 Lightning Patch - give the 600 player each faction and deer back :smile:
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    morrowind - horns of the reach
    When BGs first launched and there was no MMR.

A close second would be the days of endless battle royals in the Imperial City Arboretum.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing since pre-Morrowind, and I have to say that PVP is still fun when it works. Performance is my main make-or-break issue and that's definitely gotten worse over the years.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar to One Tamriel.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pre morrowind (dark brotherhood, theives guild, orsinium, imperial city, shadows of the hist)
    I'm pre morrwind, I was a total pve scrub who ran like a snipe spammer in dungeons pre t1. Played alot of other games at the time as well. Was not until T1 that I found bwb and learned lowbie pvp. Played that campaign during it's heights and was AMAZING. Moved into vet dueling and once Morrowind hit everything starting losing its flare and getting boring.
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From IC release to Dark Brotherhood release was the sweet spot. Dark Brotherhood broke the game with the start of the heavy Meta, poisons and proc sets.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I.5 even with the lag was most fun in comparison.

Since then probs most fun patches for me was scalebreaker > Thieves guild > whenever destro ulti came in
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back in 2016 when I started PvP-ing lag was far less severe. I mean you got the spikes at big sieges, but the population was also higher than today. For about 1.5 years I've mostly gone to Cyrodiil to collect shards and do the town quests, and my characters gain their ranks in BGs instead. The most recent stint there was during the Jester's festival in late March when I did the Empielor achievement - took a while on Stamina DK and ended up with about 550K AP the day I got it.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do all these "when was the game most fun" polls ask to choose between
    1. Recent overly tanky meta with weird combat change nobody ask for update
    2. Recent overly tanky meta with homogenized skills update
    3. Recent overly tanky meta with inexplicable sweeping nerfs update
    4. Recent overly tanky meta with another weird combat change nobody asked for update
    5. Other
    Edited by Joy_Division on December 6, 2019 3:03PM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pre-IC

Increasing the ttk really killed the PvP. It's just been downhill from there.
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on December 6, 2019 5:48PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    murkmire - summerset
    Hard to say.
    Either Between Morrowind & Summerset or between Murkmire & Wrathstone. Of course, it very much depends on what class did you played & playstyle, but for me personally, this is where experience was best. At least back then we had less lag and it was actually playable...

Edit: I remember times before One Tamriel, but barely (long time ago, & did not PvP much), but I remember that there was like basically no lag. Compared to now, it is as if you had 0 Ping. Also, maybe my memory fails me, but we did not had ball-groups back then...
    Good old times...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 6, 2019 4:45PM
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    First months of IC
    PC EU - DC only
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.6 and 1.7
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    nurf harmony to 15% per piece and make group heals cost more/less effective than single target self heals. and i'll be happy with PvP again. tanks not an issue if they can't get spammed by 20 sources of incoming heals and the whole harmony group bombs fun sure but very much over tuned.
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
    Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well...
    time for a eso classic
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The whole game is getting downwards since Dark Brotherhood, that's when they overbuffed heavy armor and introduced proc sets and everybody who didn't play 100% meta got powercrept. Also the performance was much better. Playing ESO nowadays feels like playing a worse version of WoW, ESO has nothing to do anymore with the unique action MMORPG which it once was and which I fell in love with (all classes and abilities got pruned down way too much, the combat is clunky, unfun and linear now).

I'm not saying that ESO was perfect back in the days, it's had its issues as well but none of the issues really ruined my gaming experience. I haven't logged in to ESO since I've duelled on the PTS the last time, the game just became such a horrible boring themepark.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    CWC was the last patch where PvP was somewhat playable and enjoyable for me.
    Every thing after CWC = 📉
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP was pretty new to me right before Morrowind, so I didn't quite feel/recognize any sustain nerfs etc. All I remember is, that it was exciting and very, very fun. Hours passed like minutes, and days like hours. I miss those days. After the last patch, I haven't even bothered logging in at all, been playing Total War games and doing other "non gaming" stuff instead. Still have some hope the game might be worthwhile again, but I dunno. No good thing lasts forever...
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Before CP was added.
    Edited by Master_Kas on December 9, 2019 10:17AM
    EU | PC
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When gankblades could oneshot with a HA
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Before CP was added.

You can actually physically see the difference in balance quality in no-cp, and thats not even accounting for the impact of rolling tank patches.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all DK must love the dark ages lol
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Cathexis on December 10, 2019 12:19AM
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very well then, it is decided, a second dark age. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

ro6dod0.jpg
    Edited by Cathexis on December 9, 2019 11:07PM
    Praise Malacath.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s sad that the most popular times are the oldest. Wtf is zos doing

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

I doubt that he will take notice but FIX THE GAME.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funnest ? Probably during the time before they turned azuras star into no cp and back when the cp cap was 501.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funnest ? Probably during the time before they turned azuras star into no cp and back when the cp cap was 501.

Those were the days, also CP felt like a lot less of a balance nightmare back when the cap was only 500, but the unkillable builds were already starting to get popular.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Ages for me, everything was still new and exciting and bar some OP builds and buggy locations it played well.

Massive battles for keeps, some of which could go on for an hour or two.
    People cared about campaign victories and didn't switch alliances as often as their underwear.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly any patch before Scalebreaker was fun in some way minus Homestead and those 2 weeks where DW could proc backbar enchant from DoT.

• BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those were the days, also CP felt like a lot less of a balance nightmare back when the cap was only 500, but the unkillable builds were already starting to get popular.

I liked this era because small scale was great, could take a resource and farm it by yourself or with someone else & repeatedly do it. These days it’s hit or miss.

And when azuras star was cp multiple campaigns thrived and gate farming existed. Actually gate farming, tower farming and breaking down the steps of a keep farming was alive and well. There was more players to kill too when an alliance was capped out. I remember swarms of players repeatedly rushing behind gates, like 200 people and it would last all day unless we got enough people to push out.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.