The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Saint Delyn Penthouse the best I could do with 30 item :(

Saccarius
Saccarius
✭✭✭
So this is part "Show off your home" thread and part whinge about the 30 item limit. What I have so far is more like a base and I was getting ready to start with more shelves and knick-knacks and what-not but then I hit the limit.

I never hit the limit before because I don't like to overdo it but 30 is ridiculous for a place this size (about 2 x Barbed Hook which is 100 I think). I know the home is free but the Barbed Hook was only 11k gold. Can I just pay 11k to convert it to a small home rather than a free home and get the extra 70 items I desperately need... please?

I really like this room over the other Vvardenfell properties because the others are too large for me to afford to decorate (Amaya Lake Lodge) or I don't like the style of the home (Ald Velothi Harbor - Bug House).

I wish there was a home about the size of Twin Arches in Vvardenfell with the same stonework and flooring as this apartment. I'd snap that right up.

Anyway, enough complaining. Here are the shots:
4HS98Jm.jpg

pOxjh8H.jpg

A8wvu51.jpg

DOccJuO.jpg

rYP9nlR.jpg

UTMiDet.jpg

Xi6TJht.jpg
saccarius | PC | EU
Almost master crafter
Altoholic and decorating neophyte.
Say hello, I'll say hello back.
Gaymer
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it’s quite nice. I can see where 60 would get you much farther, but I want to book a weekend trip to that place as designed, lol.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, I just use it as a free port to vivec city.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS would want us to like spacy homes :)
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Well it’s quite nice. I can see where 60 would get you much farther, but I want to book a weekend trip to that place as designed, lol.

Thanks. I don't like to overstuff houses. I'm actually quite minimalist (which is why I never hit the cap before) when it comes to interior design but a few more shelves and a few trinkets, especially on the mantle piece would really perfect this place for me. Oh well.
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    Nice, I just use it as a free port to vivec city.

I was using it for that and as a warehouse for all the mismatched furniture that I have that I'm not using anywhere else, but I got sick of looking at that mess, so I levelled a character to 18 and got the storage chest and finally decided to decorate it.

saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done. I like how you keep to mostly the Vvardenfell furniture, which fits the home the best.

The furniture limit is rediculous, this is by far the inn room that suffers the most under it, since it is also the largest of the inn rooms. I would probably suggest cutting down on the clutter, while the shelf with books on it is lovely, it's 9 slots right there, that you could use for larger pieces of furniture. The fireplace also looks like it's made up of 5 items or so.

You could probably do with some overhad light sources as well, such as chandeliers, unless you want to keep it really gloomy as it is.

Otherwise, a quite lovely little room.
  • flamesing
    flamesing
    ✭✭✭
    That's very nice room, you have good sence of style :)

What did you use for chimney? It looks just great!
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Nicely done. I like how you keep to mostly the Vvardenfell furniture, which fits the home the best.

The furniture limit is rediculous, this is by far the inn room that suffers the most under it, since it is also the largest of the inn rooms. I would probably suggest cutting down on the clutter, while the shelf with books on it is lovely, it's 9 slots right there, that you could use for larger pieces of furniture. The fireplace also looks like it's made up of 5 items or so.

You could probably do with some overhad light sources as well, such as chandeliers, unless you want to keep it really gloomy as it is.

The books come in a set so it's only two slots for them and the shelf. As for the lighting, I hate overhead lighting IRL and in game. I guess people who like a lot of light would call that gloomy but to me it's more atmospheric ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah the fire place is eight slots but it's non-negotiable. I have to have a fireplace. I'm trying to figure out how I can do it more economically.
    Edited by Saccarius on April 24, 2018 11:15AM
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    flamesing wrote: »
    That's very nice room, you have good sence of style :)

What did you use for chimney? It looks just great!

Thanks. It's the Khajiit Column, Spiked
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do double the limit with ESO Plus.

However, even 60 is too low, it should be 50/100 for the smaller homes. While there is a technical reason for the limitation on the Largest Homes, the limits on the lower homes are arbitrary.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The books come in a set so it's only two slots for them and the shelf. As for the lighting, I hate overhead lighting IRL and in game. I guess people who like a lot of light would call that gloomy but to me it's more atmospheric ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah the fire place is eight slots but it's non-negotiable. I have to have a fireplace. I'm trying to figure out how I can do it more economically.

Ah ok, it's the crown store book clutter. Looked like individual books to me at first.

As for fireplaces, we do get a premade fireplace in summerset, but it's in altmer style, plus no one knows if it's going to be a recipe or crown store bought and cost a fortune ..

I do think most of the homes look very gloomy without a lot of light sources, especially if you turn down your game's lighting setting as well. A lot of people post screenshots of their homes here, and you can barely make out anything in the dark (yours aren't that bad btw, it was more a general statement).

And yeah, like Nestor says, I probably wouldn't even bother decorating homes without ESO plus. Even with double the limit, it's a pain to decorate most homes, without it, it would be impossible, at least for me.
    You do get a week of plus for free from today though, better use that time to fill up all your homes with double the limit, they stuff will stay there even when you go back to non-plus so why not take advantage of it =p
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My Saint Delyn Penthouse is a deposit for 30 currently-not-in-use furniture. :#
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • flamesing
    flamesing
    ✭✭✭
    Saccarius wrote: »

Thank you! But what that shelf is made of? With turtle ornament?
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭

Ah ok, it's the crown store book clutter. Looked like individual books to me at first.

As for fireplaces, we do get a premade fireplace in summerset, but it's in altmer style, plus no one knows if it's going to be a recipe or crown store bought and cost a fortune ..

I do think most of the homes look very gloomy without a lot of light sources, especially if you turn down your game's lighting setting as well. A lot of people post screenshots of their homes here, and you can barely make out anything in the dark (yours aren't that bad btw, it was more a general statement).

And yeah, like Nestor says, I probably wouldn't even bother decorating homes without ESO plus. Even with double the limit, it's a pain to decorate most homes, without it, it would be impossible, at least for me.
    You do get a week of plus for free from today though, better use that time to fill up all your homes with double the limit, they stuff will stay there even when you go back to non-plus so why not take advantage of it =p

I have ESO Plus. I would never play the game without it. The crafting bag alone...
    30 is the limit for ESO+ members on Inn Rooms (for me anyway). I don't know if it's 15 for free players or it's just 30 across the board.

As for the fireplace coming with Summerset, that's great to hear. I have beta access but I don't really want to download the PTS client (plus I want to do it all without spoilers). Is there a picture anywhere?

Edit: Nevermind, I saw a video. It's very High Elfy and bright white. I doesn't look like it would fit the decor of most homes.

skip to 26:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdQTsuCkwZ0&t=1564s
    Edited by Saccarius on April 24, 2018 3:37PM
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    flamesing wrote: »

Thank you! But what that shelf is made of? With turtle ornament?

No problem :) It's the Hlaalu Table, Formal Turtle sat on top and pushed back a little to hide the legs.
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭

I wish there was a home about the size of Twin Arches in Vvardenfell with the same stonework and flooring as this apartment. I'd snap that right up.

Me too my friend, me too... :(

Was beyond psyched when I heard we'd be getting Vivec City in ESO, but despite it looking gorgeous, was a bit let down by what we got with it (Severe lack of an actual house being among it's shortcomings.).

Unfortunately, I doubt that will ever happen. With ESO officially moving on to the next "Chapter" I'm pretty sure Vvardenfell is done and set in stone. Doubt we'll see any love added to it. I like what you did with it though, especially that fireplace!
    Edited by Vehlir on April 24, 2018 11:51PM
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    Vehlir wrote: »

Me too my friend, me too... :(

Was beyond psyched when I heard we'd be getting Vivec City in ESO, but despite it looking gorgeous, was a bit let down by what we got with it (Severe lack of an actual house being among it's shortcomings.).

Unfortunately, I doubt that will ever happen. With ESO officially moving on to the next "Chapter" I'm pretty sure Vvardenfell is done and set in stone. Doubt we'll see any love added to it. I like what you did with it though, especially that fireplace!

Thanks. I know you're right though. I guess the best I can hope for is an item limit increase to flesh this place out a bit more. Maybe I'll have more success in Summerset although you know all the furniture plans are going to be super rare drops again and all the items lucky people craft will be really expensive so anything too large will be impossible to decorate for a long while unless you have stacks of gold or RL money. Such is ESO housing... which despite its flaws is still probably the best player housing I've seen in any MMO.
    Edited by Saccarius on July 12, 2018 6:45PM
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice and cozy. Really well decorated!
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks. I know you're right though. I guess the best I can hope for is an item limit increase to flesh this place out a bit more. Maybe I'll have more success in Summerset although you know all the furniture plans are going to be super rare drops again and all the items people lucky people craft will be really expensive so anything too large will be impossible to decorate for a long while unless you have stacks of gold or RL money. Such is ESO housing... which despite its flaws is still probably the best player housing I've seen in any MMO.

Agree on both points. The Item Limit would do wonders, & ESO's housing is already still really really awesome. I think that's a really good sign that it's this good even with some of it's flaws.

The freedom they give you, especially like being able to clip items to make new things, really allows you to make some awesome places.
  • flamesing
    flamesing
    ✭✭✭
    No problem :) It's the Hlaalu Table, Formal Turtle sat on top and pushed back a little to hide the legs.

Wow, that's clever! Thanks again :)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

However, even 60 is too low, it should be 50/100 for the smaller homes. While there is a technical reason for the limitation on the Largest Homes, the limits on the lower homes are arbitrary.

Actually, inn rooms are 15/30. Apartments are 50/100 and small homes are 100/200.

I've struggled with decorating Saint Delyn's - it's so dark in there without any windows (and with HDR on XB1), so I've used up at least a third of my slots with lights. I would argue that they should be at least 30/60 or 25/50. That would certainly help.

I'm guessing the EXTREMELY LOW item limit on free inn rooms is to encourage people to buy larger homes. But, I wish that it were smaller, then, so it didn't look so bare. Even the Ebony Flask is hard to decorate with only 30 slots. Haven't really tried decorated the Rosy Lion yet. I will say, though, that 30 is probably plenty for Mara's Kiss. :p

ETA: OP, I really like what you've done with the place!
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on April 27, 2018 9:22PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Saccarius I love your style and the lighting — really well done! :smiley: I totally agree about the item limit and would happily pay gold or even Crowns to increase it for the lovely inn rooms we get with the expansions!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    30 isn't anywhere near enough for an apartment sized room (which is what it is), I agree.

If you want to be able to light it properly, as well as fill it, you just have to keep it pretty simple.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »

Actually, inn rooms are 15/30. Apartments are 50/100 and small homes are 100/200.

I've struggled with decorating Saint Delyn's - it's so dark in there without any windows (and with HDR on XB1), so I've used up at least a third of my slots with lights. I would argue that they should be at least 30/60 or 25/50. That would certainly help.

I'm guessing the EXTREMELY LOW item limit on free inn rooms is to encourage people to buy larger homes. But, I wish that it were smaller, then, so it didn't look so bare. Even the Ebony Flask is hard to decorate with only 30 slots. Haven't really tried decorated the Rosy Lion yet. I will say, though, that 30 is probably plenty for Mara's Kiss. :p

ETA: OP, I really like what you've done with the place!

Yeah, inn rooms are only 30, even with ESO+.

I think you can light it pretty well with 7 slots, though.

Two Redguard Chandeliers, back-to-back, three candles and two lamps will do it:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6262553/#Comment_6262553

Rosy Lion is pretty doable on 30.

Really, it's only the xpac ones that are a struggle on 30 (with the Rimmen one being the least bad of the 3), as they are all larger than the original inn rooms.
    Edited by Tigerseye on December 5, 2019 10:21AM
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazingly well done, if you're on the NA, throw me a mail on @InaMoonlight, I'll craft ya some shinies once my ulcer gives me a break in a day or three ;)
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Well done @Saccarius :smile: Like Araneae6537 said, the lighting is great! It looks very cozy.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heh! Even community managers reply to necro posts! :D

I've finally gotten to where I'm happy with my Saint Delyn's. I may break down and decide to use the Redguard Chandelier, as suggested, but I typically try to keep entirely within the racial style for a home. But, I'm only using 6 lights as it is, so I may just leave it.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've finally gotten to where I'm happy with my Saint Delyn's. I may break down and decide to use the Redguard Chandelier, as suggested, but I typically try to keep entirely within the racial style for a home. But, I'm only using 6 lights as it is, so I may just leave it.

Hey, I was searching for inspiration in the line of Dunmeri furnishing when I came across this thread and the images were too lovely for me not to comment, plus I thought others would enjoy seeing it too. :blush: I don’t see anything wrong with necro-ing a thread unless it’s no longer relevant or one is just beating a dead horse, so to speak.

If you want a brighter look, I think the Hlaalu lanterns work well and are fitting in St. Delyn’s. The Redguard chandeliers do not always light up an area as I would hope; I’ve used several in my Alinor Crest Townhouse and some rooms are still darker than I would wish, even directly below the chandelier. 🤔
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hey, I was searching for inspiration in the line of Dunmeri furnishing when I came across this thread and the images were too lovely for me not to comment, plus I thought others would enjoy seeing it too. :blush: I don’t see anything wrong with necro-ing a thread unless it’s no longer relevant or one is just beating a dead horse, so to speak.

If you want a brighter look, I think the Hlaalu lanterns work well and are fitting in St. Delyn’s. The Redguard chandeliers do not always light up an area as I would hope; I’ve used several in my Alinor Crest Townhouse and some rooms are still darker than I would wish, even directly below the chandelier. 🤔

No worries! I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with you responding to an older thread. It's just that I thought the images looked familiar and then saw a post I had made. It was just humorous to me that a community manager posted to a necro thread. :)

Also, I do use the Hlaalu lanterns in my St. Delyn's. I have one at each corner of the room and then a couple other light sources.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No worries! I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with you responding to an older thread. It's just that I thought the images looked familiar and then saw a post I had made. It was just humorous to me that a community manager posted to a necro thread. :)

Also, I do use the Hlaalu lanterns in my St. Delyn's. I have one at each corner of the room and then a couple other light sources.

Looking at the images @Tigerseye posted, it does look like a pair of Redguard chandeliers light up the room well. :) I wonder if ESO takes bounced lighting into effect? I would not have expected so since lighting passes through most things in furnishing... Maybe it’s the decay rate... 🤔

I think some of the Hlaalu furnishings have gold elements so it might not feel too outside the style? Decisions, decisions! :lol:

I do like the darker moody lighting in @Saccarius room and am seeking to achieve a similar effect in some of my builds. 😁