The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Saint Delyn Penthouse the best I could do with 30 item :(

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Heh! Even community managers reply to necro posts! :D

I've finally gotten to where I'm happy with my Saint Delyn's. I may break down and decide to use the Redguard Chandelier, as suggested, but I typically try to keep entirely within the racial style for a home. But, I'm only using 6 lights as it is, so I may just leave it.

Hey, I was searching for inspiration in the line of Dunmeri furnishing when I came across this thread and the images were too lovely for me not to comment, plus I thought others would enjoy seeing it too. :blush: I don’t see anything wrong with necro-ing a thread unless it’s no longer relevant or one is just beating a dead horse, so to speak.

If you want a brighter look, I think the Hlaalu lanterns work well and are fitting in St. Delyn’s. The Redguard chandeliers do not always light up an area as I would hope; I’ve used several in my Alinor Crest Townhouse and some rooms are still darker than I would wish, even directly below the chandelier. 🤔

No worries! I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with you responding to an older thread. It's just that I thought the images looked familiar and then saw a post I had made. It was just humorous to me that a community manager posted to a necro thread. :)

Also, I do use the Hlaalu lanterns in my St. Delyn's. I have one at each corner of the room and then a couple other light sources.

Looking at the images @Tigerseye posted, it does look like a pair of Redguard chandeliers light up the room well. :) I wonder if ESO takes bounced lighting into effect? I would not have expected so since lighting passes through most things in furnishing... Maybe it’s the decay rate... 🤔

I think some of the Hlaalu furnishings have gold elements so it might not feel too outside the style? Decisions, decisions! :lol:

I do like the darker moody lighting in @Saccarius room and am seeking to achieve a similar effect in some of my builds. 😁

Lighting in ESO can bounce, as far as I can tell. Or at least if I put a light source in a corner, it seems to reflect off both walls and thus seems to provide more light. Some light sources can be directional, like the Indoril candelabras. So, you can rotate them until they hit certain walls or objects to create better light.

I think that Tigerseye also has some other lighting in the room to supplement, but yeah...those chandeliers do seem to light well. I picked up that plan relatively cheaply a year or so ago, so I might try it out. I think if they work well, I can reduce my lighting slots by two. Since slots are at a premium with inn rooms (esp. this one), I would be able to add a couple of additional furnishings.
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, it's nice to see some of the nice comments a year later coming back after a long break :grin:

So thanks @Jayne_Doe @Araneae6537 and @ZOS_Adrikoth for the kind words.

I still have a soft spot for this room. I just really love the stonework and flooring and the Morrowind furniture is masculine but elegant. Of all my properties, this would be the one that is most like my own personal style.

I wish there was a larger version of it with a bigger item limit but c'est la vie.

I'm really excited about the Skyrim expansion. My favourite core race furniture is the Nord (tied with the non-flashy Redguard) style and I can't wait to see what they do with it. All that knotwork!

I hope there's a medium sized place I can get cozy in and that the schematics/furniture/materials are not too difficult to obtain.
    Edited by Saccarius on December 31, 2019 3:34AM
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Altoholic and decorating neophyte.
    Say hello, I'll say hello back.
    Gaymer
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    Amazingly well done, if you're on the NA, throw me a mail on @InaMoonlight, I'll craft ya some shinies once my ulcer gives me a break in a day or three ;)

Wow that was really nice of you to offer!... but I'm on EU.
    Hope your ulcer got better x

saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Altoholic and decorating neophyte.
    Say hello, I'll say hello back.
    Gaymer
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saccarius wrote: »
    Wow, it's nice to see some of the nice comments a year later coming back after a long break :grin:

So thanks @Jayne_Doe @Araneae6537 and @ZOS_Adrikoth for the kind words.

I still have a soft sport for this room. I just really love the stonework and flooring and the Morrowind furniture is masculine but elegant. Of all my properties, this would be the one that is most like my own personal style.

I wish there was a larger version of it with a bigger item limit but c'est la vie.

I'm really excited about the Skyrim expansion. My favourite core race furniture is the Nord (tied with the non-flashy Redguard) style and I can't wait to see what they do with it. All that knotwork!

I hope there's a medium sized place I can get cozy in and that the schematic/furniture are not too difficult to obtain.

I'm looking forward to housing in the upcoming expansion as well. I just decorated Grymharth's Woe this past weekend. I love the Nord furnishings in the base game, but there isn't as much variety as with some other races. Dunmer was the same until Morrowind, which added many more options.

Just wanted to add that you did a really great job with your St. Delyn's, as is evidenced by the fact that a year later, players are finding inspiration from it. :smiley: