The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who Thought Up This Event?

• Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »
    It’s also massively annoying when whoever has aggro decides to spin the dragon around and around, increasing the danger to every other player in the area.

Perhaps the guy tries to survive ? Or should he die so that you can live ?
    Options
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m baffled that I see so many comments saying northern Elsweyr has nobody killing dragons. Every time I’m there it is a huge crowd on xbox NA. In fact I get frustrated that in the northern most location the dragon usually dies before it every takes a single flight.

🤷‍♂️

NA is very different from EU (xbox). I play both, and on NA there often seem to be 4-5 times more people.

Nevertheless I was able to do my daily event dragons today early in the morning (4 am german time) on both servers.
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliahnus wrote: »
    Gundug wrote: »
    It’s also massively annoying when whoever has aggro decides to spin the dragon around and around, increasing the danger to every other player in the area.

Perhaps the guy tries to survive ? Or should he die so that you can live ?

I do this on purpose went I get permanent agro and no heals white watching players with sword and board or resto staves just waiting to loot the dragon. If you're not going to help me, I'm taking you down with me :lol:
    Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just did 5 dragons in about 40 minutes before the server went down (EU) - 3 in the South, 2 in the North. There were plenty of people around even at 8.30AM on a Wednesday morning.

An ice dragon got me. I arrived into its ring of frost and died while still on my mount... not paying attention, too eager to join the fight :)

I also died to a fire dragon - a single hit of 73K blew through my shield and block. Though I was standing directly under its belly at the time... ;) That was a bit embarrassing because it was the last thing the dragon did before dying, so I was the last person to rez and collect my loot.

I don't mind dying to dragons, I know it's usually because I'm not paying enough attention - often because my food runs out during the fight. Any frustration comes when there's too much going on, the game lags and you're dead without seeing it coming... c'est la vie.
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also died to a fire dragon - a single hit of 73K blew through my shield and block. Though I was standing directly under its belly at the time... ;) That was a bit embarrassing because it was the last thing the dragon did before dying, so I was the last person to rez and collect my loot.

You shouldn't stand directly under a dragon, since it has a circular AoE that will one-shot you if you spend more than a few seconds there. When dragons were first introduced in Elsweyr that didn't display at all for the overland ones so I got killed countless times without even realizing it was there. But now that's fixed and it displays correctly as a shimmering circle of fire, frost or shock depending on the type of dragon. You can't block it, you need to move out of it.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • LuckyLuke
    LuckyLuke
    ✭✭✭
    yeey wrote: »
    But Overland its to easy...

Yea, I can pop off a dragon with just a couple of light weaves, but you must always end on a heavy to finish it! If you can’t do the same then it is a l2p issue.
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

You shouldn't stand directly under a dragon, since it has a circular AoE that will one-shot you if you spend more than a few seconds there. When dragons were first introduced in Elsweyr that didn't display at all for the overland ones so I got killed countless times without even realizing it was there. But now that's fixed and it displays correctly as a shimmering circle of fire, frost or shock depending on the type of dragon. You can't block it, you need to move out of it.

I don't believe it's a one-shot mechanic. Rather, the 73k is the sum of all the ticks from the dragon's "personal space" aura. A one-shot will kill you in a single blow. This one ticks away until you're dead, and if you try to heal through you can get far more damage reported on your death recap than your total health.
    Options
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this event and the double drops from VSS
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
    Options
  • Prrasha
    Prrasha
    ✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Asardes wrote: »
    I also died to a fire dragon - a single hit of 73K blew through my shield and block.

You shouldn't stand directly under a dragon, since it has a circular AoE that will one-shot you if you spend more than a few seconds there.

I don't believe it's a one-shot mechanic. Rather, the 73k is the sum of all the ticks from the dragon's "personal space" aura. A one-shot will kill you in a single blow. This one ticks away until you're dead, and if you try to heal through you can get far more damage reported on your death recap than your total health.

Nope, it is both a DoT and a one-shot. For fire dragons, for example, you'll build up stacks of a "pyroclastics" debuff while you stand in their aura, and when you have enough stacks of that (10?), you get hit with "incineration point", which is a one-shot. (And it's hilarious for other people, since they'll see your corpse as a small ash pile, even if you see yourself as a normal corpse.)

I've never stood close enough to the ice/lightning dragons to see what theirs are called, or if they even have that one-shot mechanic (I presume they do).
    Options
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    The event I was most looking forward to lasted a whole 2 hours or so and I didn't even get to partake. Already was tired of killing dragons before this event even started. :(

It could have been OK, if they weren't so OP.

This frost one caused me 15-20 deaths. Yeah I am a soft pet sorc, but I try to stay at range and continually put my shield up.

That doesn't help when the dragon throws out a ring of cold that takes up almost the entire area spawns a bunch of adds (at the same time) and then regularly nukes the ground, often with no warning.

This was even with a growing group. Fortunately we didn't wipe a 3rd time and finally killed it, but what a waste of 1/2 hour.

How? How are you doing that many times on a pet sorc no less? I have a pet sorc and several other mag characters and I might die if I get hit with a soul tear combined with a wing swing...and it's only if I don't block the wing swing. Or I just stand in stupid for too long due to not paying attention. No stats in health either just pure mag. With your shield and 2 healing abilities available (crit surge and the flying pet) you should not be during as much. I kill about 9 dragons a day and maybe die 2-3 times due to lag or not paying attention and I'm usually right next to the dragon 90% of the time.

Only dragon that gives me pause is the electrical one. It's 2 huge AOEs that move around don't show up on my screen due to lag but I can clearly see me being damaged if I pay attention and just pop a shield and a heal and move out of it.

Not trying to criticize you...just genuinely curious.

I use a sorc (1 pet) and a magplar.
    The sorc uses critical surge and the healing from the clannfear, the templar uses his own healing and shield.

Both works well, but just if I don't use light armor.
    I always carry with me a light armor set, and 1 heavy armor, so depending on the enemy, I switch it. Dragons are certainly a case for heavy.

For magicka toons suited sets are for example torugs pact (increased weapon enchantment damage), or new moon accolyte (increased spell damage and crit).

That is because you are using Clannfear.
    It now scaless with stamina.
    Also Matriarch heal is the best burst heal. It heals up to 14k for me.
    Also streak is very useful avoiding the red circles and dragons fire.
    Plus you are a range player so there is no way a dragon can catch you if you streak away.

Clannfears' attacks scale off stamina, but their heals still scale off magicka. (Source: I'm a pet sorc running around with a Clannfear whose heals have helped me stay alive through dragon shouts)
    Options
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait from what I read here there are players who actually die multiple times against a dragon? Wtf, dragons are absolutely predictable since they conveniently say what they do.
    You can only really die to a dragon if there are so many players that it laggs you to death otherwise every single dragon attack is predictable and with that avoidable.
    Bite? Just dodgerole, The massive DoT Shout? Just purge it or heal against it, Fire/Frost/shock Breath? Just don't stand in that line, Area effect below the dragon? Just don't stand in it, you can hit dragons in Melee from further away. Wing/tail attack? Just hold block or avoid getting hit in the first place by not standing at the same spot all the time.

I fought a dragon alone down to 50% health as a second player arrived, none of us ever died.
    Edited by L_Nici on December 4, 2019 4:35PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been using my Nightblade Tank with Imperium and a resto backbar to help people who may be struggling. My only pet peeve is fighting for taunt control with someone lol.
    Options
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty good event and fun IMO. The game needs more of this kind of "hop in" mobile world boss content. Sure, it gets boring if you are running dragons for 2+ hours at a time, but anything would be.

Agree, though that some of the one-shots need toning down, and NO, you can't just block them when an aoe circle materializes on you, instantly knocks you down, and then poof dead. There needs a bit more counterplay available to some of the dragon attacks. The adds they spawn are also pretty cool.

Overall, very nice content and cool event IMO.
    Options
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    were you hoping for a participation ticket just by logging in?

Give up the crud. They did do the "participation ticket" in an earlier event. You had to use the special item, but that was it.

Dying 20 times for a ticket is ludicrous. Though it is not completely optional if you want to finish out the mounts, so the other poster needs to give it a rest too.

This game should have some fun element, especially for things like this. Raid if you want to get nuked continually. Though I would likely die less in raids than here.

If you're dying 20 times to a dragon that 70 other people are fighting boy oh boy you need to l2p
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    Wait from what I read here there are players who actually die multiple times against a dragon? Wtf, dragons are absolutely predictable since they conveniently say what they do.
    You can only really die to a dragon if there are so many players that it laggs you to death otherwise every single dragon attack is predictable and with that avoidable.
    Bite? Just dodgerole, The massive DoT Shout? Just purge it or heal against it, Fire/Frost/shock Breath? Just don't stand in that line, Area effect below the dragon? Just don't stand in it, you can hit dragons in Melee from further away. Wing/tail attack? Just hold block or avoid getting hit in the first place by not standing at the same spot all the time.

I fought a dragon alone down to 50% health as a second player arrived, none of us ever died.

Mmmm, that Fora Magnifica set is working well today.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    Would using full heavy gear be worth it if I had to give up Necropotence on my pet sorc?

Just don't waste your time about it a play your character as you like, if you are dying too much, do some damage and sit it over dead while it is done, if the group is not small like 5 people, no one will even notice. Yes we can call it a leeching, but mate no one will even notice with all that aoe crap blinking on ground. :smile:
    Just relax, tag the dragon and get your ticket. Not like you are hurting anyone, who cares. :D

That still irks me, but I usually die so much with the small group where helping out is vital unfortunately. :(

I did use a + health multi potion today and it went much easier. I usually run with the Witch one that restores quickly. That works most places, but is not good for dragon fights.
    For soul tear, either use a shield, or pop a lingering health potion and you’ll be fine.

My nightblade died to soul tear even after popping a potion. Not quite enough boost to stop it. I just run my pet sorc now.

PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    Would using full heavy gear be worth it if I had to give up Necropotence on my pet sorc?

Just don't waste your time about it a play your character as you like, if you are dying too much, do some damage and sit it over dead while it is done, if the group is not small like 5 people, no one will even notice. Yes we can call it a leeching, but mate no one will even notice with all that aoe crap blinking on ground. :smile:
    Just relax, tag the dragon and get your ticket. Not like you are hurting anyone, who cares. :D

For soul tear, either use a shield, or pop a lingering health potion and you’ll be fine.

My nightblade died to soul tear even after popping a potion. Not quite enough boost to stop it. I just run my pet sorc now.

Hm, I play on a stamblade for farming events usually and I can actually outlive the soul tear just with Siphoning Strikes and Relentless Focus active. Vigor is another answer if you don’t mind suffering through PvP lag for a bit. Another option if you’re mag is using Cloak to suppress the DoTs until the effect drops off, or use the morph Dark Cloak for another HoT if you don’t use stealth.

As for the lingering HP potion (should be flat HP and HP/s), if you pop it halfway through the duration, when you’re about half HP then it’s ok. It’s sort of like with the Crematorium Daedroth in the 10th stage of vMA. Pop it after taking damage to gain effective health rather than early and waste the flat heal.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    I've been using my Nightblade Tank with Imperium and a resto backbar to help people who may be struggling. My only pet peeve is fighting for taunt control with someone lol.

I try to keep Bone Shield and a Blood Altar up for folks, and wear a set of Coldharbour's Favorite as the little guar heals a lot of people. But I can't for the life of me understand why so many people stand in the middle and die during the strafing runs. Even if you're not watching the dragon, the second you hear him let off that Godzilla screech, roll or sprint to the sides, lol
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Potions for healing don't really make sense unless you build for health recovery. Health+Stamina+Magicka and Major Vitality+Lingering Health have low up time and they are quite expensive. But each class has access to healing either from own class skills or generic ones which are much stronger than any potion effects

- Any stamina character: Echoing/Resolving Vigor and Rally
    - Dragonknight: any ultimate (class passive) | Magicka: Burning Embers, Molten Whip, Deep Breath, Green Dragon/Coagulating Blood and Fragmented Shield to amp those up. Cauterize is good for stamina too, since it scales off the highest stats.
    - Sorcerer Critical Surge | Magicka: Matriarch, Crystal Fragments (class passive)
    - Nightblade: Leeching Strikes/Siphoning Attacks, Relentless Focus/Merciless Resolve (proc), Soul Tether | Magicka: Sap Essence, Refreshing Path, Funnel Health/Swallow Soul
    - Templar: Magicka: every skill from Restoring Light skill line: Extended/Retribution Ritual also works for stamina characters since it scales on the highest stats.
    - Warden: every skill from Green Balance skill line, except Budding Seeds every one either has a stamina morph or scales on the highest stats, so it's useful for stamina characters.
    - Necromancer: Ruinous/Hungry Scythe, every skill from Living Death
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let them eat cake! Anniversary cake, that is, and get tickets for it. ;)

I've been enjoying the dragon killing. Last night I even decided to keep killing dragons on the NA server after earning my two tickets, so I could get more blueprints, designs, patterns, and recipes that I haven't learned yet. I went back and forth between Northern Elsweyr and Southern Elsweyr, and only stopped after eight dragons because I remembered that the servers were going down at 4 AM and I wanted to get my tickets and do my crafting writs on EU before that. It was close; I finally logged out with only 1 minute before the server went down.

Anyway, I do agree about the relative difficulty of finding enough people to help kill a dragon on the EU server as compared to the NA server, but now that I've established a pattern-- NA first, including daily crafting writs, before switching to EU-- it seems like there are enough people playing on EU by then.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stamsorc tends to die from dragons when

1) he's running around solo, admiring the landscape or a pretty torchbug, suddenly stumbles over a loitering dragon and immediately pulls aggro while noone else is around
    2) he's distracted by happenings beyond the fourth wall ("Mom, help, I can't install [insert any game name]!!!") and thus remains standing in a red circle until he is penetrated by fiery or icy spikes
    3) there's a lot of particle-fu going on in a dragonfight with 30 others, he can't see the dragon at all and suddenly, bang, it drops from the sky and sits on him.

Otherwise he's quite safe. The worst thing happening to him so far was dying three times in one fight due to a combo of 2) and 3), and once being pressed through the ground into the void below when a dragon landed on him (thus, 3), basically).
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
    Options
  • llande
    llande
    ✭✭✭
    Dragon's are not tough just pay attention and learn the mechanics. It's not a delve boss. 4-5 people is enough to kill one if all know what they are doing.
    Options
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The old dragons are fun. The new ones, not so much. It seems like they weren't tested properly, because many hard-hitting skills are missing proper telegraphs entirely, or are telegraphed by animations that tend to play late or not at all. Countless times I died to "bite" despite being nowhere near the dragon's head. And don't get me started about death by being knocked by a (untelegraphed) wing sweep into an arbitrary (untelegraphed) half-invisible killing wall. ;)

But well... I just have a character dedicated to dragons only, one who hits hard even with all the armor broken, and I won't repair until the event is over. ;)
    Options
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »

Give up the crud. They did do the "participation ticket" in an earlier event. You had to use the special item, but that was it.

Dying 20 times for a ticket is ludicrous. Though it is not completely optional if you want to finish out the mounts, so the other poster needs to give it a rest too.

This game should have some fun element, especially for things like this. Raid if you want to get nuked continually. Though I would likely die less in raids than here.

If you're dying 20 times to a dragon that 70 other people are fighting boy oh boy you need to l2p

And you have a "learn 2 read" issue.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    llande wrote: »
    Dragon's are not tough just pay attention and learn the mechanics. It's not a delve boss. 4-5 people is enough to kill one if all know what they are doing.

I can solo delve bosses just fine. This is plainly not true.
    lagrue wrote: »

And you have a "learn 2 read" issue.

Exactly. I kept rezzing and jumping back in because I didn't want the dragon to reset (it had twice IIRC) and only 4 others were attacking.

I think the roll up the sidewalks in the EU at some point....
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Anyway, I do agree about the relative difficulty of finding enough people to help kill a dragon on the EU server as compared to the NA server, but now that I've established a pattern-- NA first, including daily crafting writs, before switching to EU-- it seems like there are enough people playing on EU by then.

I am trying to do 2 quick dragon kills in the morning. The problem arises when I haven't gotten to it until it is almost the reset time. Only a week more though....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it has been the best event since the end of the base game. I have enjoyed the overall story interwoven with the new lands and DLC. Hopefully we will be seeing more of this type thing.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ultimately my major disappointment here was that the will not restore the ticket I lost because of a loot bug. (Yellow dragon, but not lootable - no ticket for the north that day possible due to this.)

They claimed lots of things to avoid it, but that left a bad taste in my mouth past making sure to attack dragons when others were there with a +health food buff in place.

Too bad the game is so buggy today. Lots of crashes, including this one.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

I try to keep Bone Shield and a Blood Altar up for folks, and wear a set of Coldharbour's Favorite as the little guar heals a lot of people. But I can't for the life of me understand why so many people stand in the middle and die during the strafing runs. Even if you're not watching the dragon, the second you hear him let off that Godzilla screech, roll or sprint to the sides, lol

Agreed. I throw out some decent heals and a few purges. Im hoping people will notice where I stand so they know the sweet spot to avoid the bites or the AoE's. I even taunt any adds that spawn. It's actually getting boring but at least I can help people get their tickets and be somewhat organized.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

I always run for the sides the moment the dragon lifts off, then I start dodging and weaving until I can see which way it's going to strafe. But sometimes that's not enough. The other night one of the electro dragons strafed and the line of those bolts of electricity when sweeping across the field, so all I could do was try to run and stay between two of the bolts-- but they got me anyway, even though I was halfway between them. On the other hand, the fire strafes are pretty easy to dodge.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on December 9, 2019 10:29PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragons will be hard to kill in a few months when people stop doing them and there is only a few people there trying to kill them. They're be like WB's
    Options