Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it an exploid or a bug if we can go to immunity zones in IC to escape from fight?

Luckylancer
Luckylancer
✭✭✭✭✭
A sorc climbed an obstacle and streaked in to an exit balcony of a quest room in IC. We were chasing him and this ended the fight, he was starimg ro us from balcony and he was glowing purpe(immunity).

Is it an exploid or a bug if we can go to immunity zones in IC to escape from fight? 25 votes

Yes
28%
dennissomb16_ESOFreakin_HyttezykRaudgraniKilcosuMusCanusRahar 7 votes
No
72%
ElsterchenAhPook_Is_HereInaMoonlightPsilentKartalinEmma_OverloadLarianaRebornV3xVaohMipMipAlpheu5QbikenJanTanhideamir412Artim_XmilllaurieDame_ScorpioAlienoutlaw 18 votes
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The way you described it sounds like an "unintended" feature, which is usually referred to as an exploit.

I didn't know this was even possible.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd agree that it's probably unintended but not really an exploit. It's kinda what streak does. He's not doing anything other than streaking to an area that he could get to by other means anyway. It allowed him to escape a fight, but not much else other than that. Nightblades have been using a class skill to escape fights for 5 years now. Report the area it happened in and ZOS may have a look at that particular terrain if they believe this behavior is unintended.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd agree that it's probably unintended but not really an exploit. It's kinda what streak does. He's not doing anything other than streaking to an area that he could get to by other means anyway. It allowed him to escape a fight, but not much else other than that. Nightblades have been using a class skill to escape fights for 5 years now. Report the area it happened in and ZOS may have a look at that particular terrain if they believe this behavior is unintended.

We can get there and it is not the problem. But no one supposed to end a IC fight while enemies are nearby. It is the exploity part. I may post the video here so I want to know is it ok.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    The way you described it sounds like an "unintended" feature, which is usually referred to as an exploit.

I didn't know this was even possible.

The term exploit by itself in this context is short for exploiting a weakness or vulnerability in a system to do something that wasn't intended by the developers. It is security parlance.

In this case, bolt escape is being used to bypass the normal requirements to access an area that grants invulnerability to access it when they were not intended to: while in combat with another player.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These protected areas were intended to protect players zoning through a door so they can’t be killed while they can’t react. If someone has found a way to reach one in the middle of a fight it’s probably unintended, which would make this an exploit. Report it to ZOS and let them figure it out.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Unintended, yes - probably not considered an exploit, but if ZOS actually were actively taking feedback and corrected small "anomalies" like this, if would be fixed. I have seen this, and a few (probably) unintended "traps" in Cyrodiil, most infamously perhaps next to the wall at the top of the stairs behind Bleakers outpost (you can easily fool a full zerg to jump down after you and get stuck).
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    You mean players were ganging up on a Sorc! Wait, is this another Nerf Sorc thread? :wink: