The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Anyone remember these kinds of Sieges?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
tumblr_oai2ozddog1r5zp8to1_1280.jpg

Rows of Trebs, fireballs filling the air, the walls being pummeled. It used to be so much more immersive and enjoyable before PvDoor become the default strategy.

Don't even get me started on the Hammer.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remember.

Running in SG's group, he'd say, "Everyone, use trebuchet and don't fire until I say."

We'd all place our trebs, usually hit the limit of 20. Then we'd all fire at the same time. It was beautiful.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember 50/50 instead of always Front Door?
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pepperidge farms remembers
    Ray
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

People look at you like you have committed a murder, if you ask them to siege the wall. 50/50 probably not a lot of people even know unless they played in organised groups.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »

People look at you like you have committed a murder, if you ask them to siege the wall. 50/50 probably not a lot of people even know unless they played in organised groups.

I dont know the term either but i assume it means siege the door and a wall simultaneously?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    50/50 was sieging the outer and inner walls at the same time, ideally popping both under 50 at the same time. We used it a lot in campaigns where you were very outnumbered since it was the fastest way to get inside. The technique died when they buffed rams so that front doors were faster.

You can still 50/50, but hardly anyone uses trebs anymore. Ballistas are more versatile and just as good in most cases.

EDIT: Siege both from outside, that is. You put the trebs for the inner right up against the outer wall and can hit the inner posterns from there.
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    People look at you like you have committed a murder, if you ask them to siege the wall.

And look at you like you are crazy if you suggest they run all 3 oils up top to free up a defender for something else, or that they could run 3 trebs or 4 ballistas with almost no downtime between shots.

Edited by NBrookus on November 22, 2019 6:42AM
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya i miss the old siege days. The keep warfare, siege and defend gameplay was great.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or when they scouted the weakest parts of the walls :)
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll never forget it, I have a vid of my first siege in the game. It was so epic I had to record it. Bolts and boulders filling the air, rumble everywhere, people ruining and fighting everywhere, no lags, no FPS spikes even with fraps on and around 100 players in one spot. I just stood still and watched. I was amazed.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Omg... Good old days...
    Remember when Ressource towers had doors? ❤️❤️❤️
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ground Oil😉
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troll repairs on walls and doors
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll repairs on walls and doors

That kinda still happens if the force trying to get in, is lazy and forgets to keep hitting an inner/outer door once in awhile.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember one Sat. or Sun. long ago on a barley populated morning that my guild destroyed every...single...wall, door, postern, even the inside roof of a tri keep. Then just left. No one came to defend it. Just for funsies...
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember telling someone that if they ran a ram all the way around a keep 3 times fast enough, it would destroy every wall. We laughed til we cried when they tried it.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was also hitting people with knock-backs through a grill/grate
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now it's me with 4 siege out and 20 dudes watchin
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    Now it's me with 4 siege out and 20 dudes watchin
    LF 24 more to stand at ram
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg... Good old days...
    Remember when Ressource towers had doors? ❤️❤️❤️

That was a good learning scenario and a way to figure out who to recruit to a group. Those that listened or figured out the situation on there own vs. those who respawned 100 times trying to take the tower from a farm group.

And you know, honestly, if dying over and over was your thing, good for you
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this