Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bring Transmute Geodes to the Crown Store, ZOS

Katrk
Katrk
✭✭✭
Hello my fellow players. I have come here to request a feature for the crown store that has been on my mind for sometime. Currently as a casual I am facing a very frustrating problem. The problem is transmute geodes. A few months ago when there was no faction lock for player versus player gathering geodes in a timely manner before the 30 day campaign ended was not a hard task. Fast forward after faction lock was implemented. Right now after you take a toon into a 30 day campaign in either CP or none-CP, you will be notified that ALL of your toons of your respective factions will be locked out of that campaign.

I believe is now time for you, the developers to consider adding transmute geodes to the store. Now, these are not pay to win. They will not give you unlimited power, infinite health, and god like defenses. These are purely items of convenience. For me I play builds that often require me to constantly change how my gear and it’s traits. By adding these items to the crown store you will be helping many players like myself in obtaining geodes much more accessible and will not require a lot of frustration and time consumption.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread and I hope you have a great day. I look forward to hearing from all of you in the comments.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they could make them more plentiful in pve content.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better yet, let me sell them in Guild Store.

I have so many €,€
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I'd rather see them become unbound than another crown store item.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But they are Pay to Win, some traits are better than others for pvp.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that ZOS explicitly does not intend for Transmutation to be the main way that players obtain weapions and armor in the correct traits, this is very unlikely.

Also, Laatvulon is now a 30-day faction unlocked campaign, so go farm your 25k AP on all your toons there.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 3, 2019 6:01PM
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, in the past we didn't have transmutation. We had to grind for the right traits, as well as helmets (no guaranteed drop) and shoulders of monster sets before they introduced the Golden Vendor and guaranteed helmet drops.

I am not saying that I'm against a little convenience, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

• Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lordy not Crown Store - let players sell them in Guild Stores! Much better idea!
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe you're actually asking for P2W to be added to the game...please don't do the ZoS, it's a horrible idea. Let's just keep them like they are, some things are still meant to be earned bud!
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Lordy not Crown Store - let players sell them in Guild Stores! Much better idea!

Now that I would support!

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But they are Pay to Win, some traits are better than others for pvp.

I tend to agree on this one. This would be the biggest P2W can of worms they have opened to date, and yes, they have opened a few so far, but we are talking about directly paying cash to improve your build. Big no from me. I would support increasing the cap, boosting their PVE drop rate, and even making them unbound, but not for cash.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have so many I destroy them. Hard to imagine people having issues with not enough of them but I guess it happens.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild stores and let us bank them, I’m not sure if you can pick the mail up on other characters the same way when there’s geodes in the attachments but if I can, there’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to bank them. I got about 18 geodes atm wasting inventory space.

Instead, things like a pet with 5 spaces is what they focus on; a pet which probably came about to account for the fact people are stockpiling stuff like this because of poor qol; guess I’m down 13 spaces.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that ZOS explicitly does not intend for Transmutation to be the main way that players obtain weapions and armor in the correct traits, this is very unlikely.

Also, Laatvulon is now a 30-day faction unlocked campaign, so go farm your 25k AP on all your toons there.

True, but for jewelry, there is no choice for getting desired traits. If jewelry could drop in all traits as armor and weapons do, farming correct traits could be possible.
    I don't see why they couldn't be unbound, tradeable, sellable, without another crown store item.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be awesome if geode's were unbound, but something tells me ZOS don't wanna do that.

Why not allow players to carry an unlimited number of crystals rather than capping them at 200?

At the very least it'd be nice if they could stack.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jlboozer wrote: »
    I can't believe you're actually asking for P2W to be added to the game...please don't do the ZoS, it's a horrible idea. Let's just keep them like they are, some things are still meant to be earned bud!

right? of all the ways to approach the topic...jumps right to the cash shop
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, you do know that there is a non-Faction Locked 30-day campaign again, right?

Personally, I took my most populated faction to the locked non-CP campaign, then the next one to the locked CP campaign and my remaining character will go to the unlocked campaign, probably this weekend.

It is no harder than before to get transmute stones from PvP.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katrk wrote: »
    For me I play builds that often require me to constantly change how my gear and it’s traits.

I don't feel this is a type of playstyle that ZOS should be considering when monetizing features. It's just too close to the prior use of Clever Alchemist, where players would arm that set for the bonus then swap gear with an add-on with the CA bonus still active.

Easier access to questionable combat behavior is a problem, not a solution.

But as the storage cap and their relative scarcity maintains a constant value, crystals and geodes are going to remain bound. It's not just the expected consequences of a significant increase in crystal quantities at a significantly decreased market value. It's the unintended consequences, too. You can't just lock them all the geodes again when the system spirals out of control; that's not responsible development. You only unbind them when you're certain what the result would be.
    signing off
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just allow them to be bought with writs or Telvar, that way they’re earned.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the transmute system is clearly designed to encourage playing the game to get the geodes I doubt Zos will offer them via the crown store.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Considering the transmute system is clearly designed to encourage playing the game to get the geodes I doubt Zos will offer them via the crown store.

Eh I used to think that too, but then ZOS officially monetized player participation by selling event tickets. I’m against selling the geodes in a monetized way myself.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, in the past we didn't have transmutation. We had to grind for the right traits, as well as helmets (no guaranteed drop) and shoulders of monster sets before they introduced the Golden Vendor and guaranteed helmet drops.

I am not saying that I'm against a little convenience, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

And I'd prefer it to be drawn with my wallet. Being able to transmute ALL of my gear with the correct traits in one night would mean I could focus the rest of my time actually PVPing, and at the same time give ZOS even more money.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I'd prefer it to be drawn with my wallet. Being able to transmute ALL of my gear with the correct traits in one night would mean I could focus the rest of my time actually PVPing, and at the same time give ZOS even more money.

And it's your right to have that opinion. However, it's still pay to win.

• jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So basically you want to ruin the game because you're too lazy to farm? Maybe you should be playing something else then, you don't seem to have the patience to play a non-P2W MMO. Maybe a mobile game would be better suited for you, or Fortnite.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If "winning" means shaving some time off endless grinding so I can actually play the game the way I would enjoy, I'd buy them. When paying for a transmute crystal makes me good at PVP or gets me a trial HM clear, maybe I'll rethink it.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trololplololol
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »

If "winning" means shaving some time off endless grinding so I can actually play the game the way I would enjoy, I'd buy them. When paying for a transmute crystal makes me good at PVP or gets me a trial HM clear, maybe I'll rethink it.

The difference between powered and nirnhoned is a dps increase, how can you not see that as P2W? Grind it out or you don't deserve it imo...buying transmute crystals would be 100% P2W.

Edited by jlboozer on December 4, 2019 4:38AM
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »

Like I said, some traits are better than others. That means you can have the upper hand by using the right traits. For instance, a powered fire staff will get you a lot less dps than a nirnhoned one. Therefore, pay to win.

• EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the OP was trying to play on the way ZOS tends to implement QOL features:

If you wanna play, you gotta pay.

That being said, I've got no problem with the way geodes work now. Whenever I need more crystals, I can head into Cyrodiil and get them.

However, if they were not bound and could be sold on the guild trader, I would probably do more PVP content. This idea would get my vote. Alas, I don't have a vote.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    99iiiiiine Problems......
    But a Transmute Geode ain’t one....
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO!