The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bring Transmute Geodes to the Crown Store, ZOS

• Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sucks how the new gen of gamers don’t even realize how much they encourage companies to go P2W. From the intense shilling and insistence that nothing is P2W if it doesn’t mean you always win in PvP, it’s sad to watch.

So many solutions to a lack of Transmute Geodes, and the first thought by OP is “let me buy them”. Not “Increase the rate of gains in PvE from pledge rewards”, not “Make them sellable if people don’t need them”, not “Remove the cap so people can save them more reliably”.

Nah, just “You don’t have to fix anything just take my money”
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Better yet, let me sell them in Guild Store.

I have so many €,€

I fully agree with you, but I kinda get why they're not sellable. Im still surprised ZoS made them easy to get in PvP and thought it would have been nerfed harder than it was with the 30 day reward.
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katrk wrote: »
    Hello my fellow players. I have come here to request a feature for the crown store that has been on my mind for sometime. Currently as a casual I am facing a very frustrating problem. The problem is transmute geodes. A few months ago when there was no faction lock for player versus player gathering geodes in a timely manner before the 30 day campaign ended was not a hard task. Fast forward after faction lock was implemented. Right now after you take a toon into a 30 day campaign in either CP or none-CP, you will be notified that ALL of your toons of your respective factions will be locked out of that campaign.

I believe is now time for you, the developers to consider adding transmute geodes to the store. Now, these are not pay to win. They will not give you unlimited power, infinite health, and god like defenses. These are purely items of convenience. For me I play builds that often require me to constantly change how my gear and it’s traits. By adding these items to the crown store you will be helping many players like myself in obtaining geodes much more accessible and will not require a lot of frustration and time consumption.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread and I hope you have a great day. I look forward to hearing from all of you in the comments.

Bringing them to the crownstore would be p2w by default. A shortcut to gamechanging mechanics like this at max level isnt something you'd want.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nooooooooope
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, in the past we didn't have transmutation. We had to grind for the right traits, as well as helmets (no guaranteed drop) and shoulders of monster sets before they introduced the Golden Vendor and guaranteed helmet drops.

I am not saying that I'm against a little convenience, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

And I'd prefer it to be drawn with my wallet. Being able to transmute ALL of my gear with the correct traits in one night would mean I could focus the rest of my time actually PVPing, and at the same time give ZOS even more money.

If you like to spend your time PvPing, how are you not swimming in transmute stones?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine idea IMO. It lets ZOS sell something that is already readily available. Transmute stones are easy enough to earn, no reason people shouldn't be able to buy them too. The funds will help support the game.....and they're going to need the income to pay all those new coders to rebuild ESO from the ground up to fix the lag and fps drop offs.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only a matter of time before they add this. The cash shop is rife with racketeering already and they will continue to push it as far as they can get away with. But to see a player openly ask to be exploited like this is always very, very disheartening and disturbing.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What? I was part of a losing campaign and got a 50 crystal geode. Had to transmute gear I might, maybe one day use so I didn't feel like I was wasting them as not doing so would have put me over the 200 cap. Collecting geodes is not a problem in this game.

Like someone else said, make them sellable in the guild stores. My guess is they would be dirt cheap by the end of the first week
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the P2W fears of some on transmutes are hyperbolic to the point of being ridiculous. They are simply not as powerful as some are claiming. It would still take FIFTY of them to transmute something.

That said, they shouldn't be added to the Crown Store IMO, where they would be -inevitably- overpriced and the misplaced P2W folks would howl. Instead they should have their acquisition methods relaxed a bit in the game. Many ways to do that, from having one drop off the first kill of a world/dungeon boss per day per account to giving a double drop on the first pledge, to having them have a small chance to drop off anything. Can't imagine anyone other than TTC humpers/gear flippers having a problem with that because the ability to farm up 50 of the things to get one transmuted piece of gear isn't some game-altering power.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heck no. Do not encourage Zo$ to go even more greedy on their broken RNG system and the clown store. They should be focusing on making better game mechanics, NOT cash-grab, monetization schemes. This kind of mentality is what is ruining games and game developers.

Buying transmutation geodes would also be counter-intuitive to its purpose, decreasing player activity in areas where we are meant to gain gems. It's a reward mechanic, you shouldn't have to pay for it. I swear you all want to play the crown store more instead of actually playing the damned game...
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #RemoveCurrencyCap
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently as a casual I am facing a very frustrating problem. The problem is transmute geodes.

Casual players would benefit the least from your proposed change, @Katrk ...

... because casuals aren’t often participating in the difficult ESO content where a min/max build and multiple trait changes to gear/jewelry are needed.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    Buying transmutation geodes would also be counter-intuitive to its purpose, decreasing player activity in areas where we are meant to gain gems. It's a reward mechanic, you shouldn't have to pay for it. I swear you all want to play the crown store more instead of actually playing the damned game...

Well, this is a play-to-pay game. It's unfortunate that the post-game monetization has gotten so predatory as to have earned that designation, but it is what it is. This game is also pay-to-win in all the ways that matter for a game that has endless gameplay loops and no clear win conditions. They'll keep pushing it. The past year, we've had events turned into cash shop fronts (event tickets), we've had progression stuck in the cash shop (skill points and skill lines), we've had exclusive inventory space added to the cash shop (that boar pet), among other things. The trend is obvious. This keeps getting worse and worse, which is why I say it's only a matter of time before transmute crystals land in the cash shop. After all, since they aren't directly providing the gear, there will be plenty of shills and apologists claiming that isn't pay-to-win, and that their narrow definition of pay-to-win is all that matters with game design and predatory monetization somehow...

Sorry... I've gotten bitterly cynical about this topic over the last several months. XD
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Currently as a casual I am facing a very frustrating problem. The problem is transmute geodes.

Casual players would benefit the least from your proposed change, @Katrk ...

... because casuals aren’t often participating in the difficult ESO content where a min/max build and multiple trait changes to gear/jewelry are needed.

Completely agree. But even if he is trying to save time by not repeatedly running Cloudrest for the right Relequen trait, its not that hard to get geodes. Pledges. Trials. Campaigns. The non-faction locked campaign. Just running with the zerg in Cyrodiil for a few hours a week for the level rewards of the worthy every 20 minutes.

Why anyone would be begging to fork over real money for transmute crystals hurts my head. I still can't figure out why people buy crown soul gems...
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Transmute's are not hard to come by, by any means.

Even if your Alliance loses, horribly, you still get one in every days' first RfTW. You get one for end of campaign, so long as you've hit the first reward tier. You can get them from Trials coffers, pledges, random kills.

More than enough methods for a self-pronounced casual.

By definition, you shouldn't be in such a hurry to have perfect trait that you're willing to fork over $$$ to get there.

And faction lock is just that, faction lock. It doesn't lock out all your other characters, unless all your other characters are in different factions. Pick the faction you have the most characters in, hit Tier 1 on each. Rinse. Repeat.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Considering the transmute system is clearly designed to encourage playing the game to get the geodes I doubt Zos will offer them via the crown store.

Eh I used to think that too, but then ZOS officially monetized player participation by selling event tickets. I’m against selling the geodes in a monetized way myself.

And you really said nothing that disputed my comment in any manner. Event tickets are pretty much irrelevant to the transmutation system and geodes.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guild store - yes
    Crown store- no
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But they are Pay to Win, some traits are better than others for pvp.

If you're that keen on PvP you specifically trait for it, you shoul already be swimming in them....
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rather they take everything gameplay related back out of the store. My hope was that they'd price things at a ridiculous level (which they did, 20 bucks for a skill line lol) and no one would bite.

I can't imagine throwing away my hard earned cash on something that I could get for free by actually playing the game.
    Edited by Siohwenoeht on December 4, 2019 8:55AM
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that ZOS explicitly does not intend for Transmutation to be the main way that players obtain weapions and armor in the correct traits, this is very unlikely.

Also, Laatvulon is now a 30-day faction unlocked campaign, so go farm your 25k AP on all your toons there.

The problem with this philosophy is that jewelry NEVER drops in the "correct" traits because the correct traits are all custom traits like Infused, Bloodthirsty, Triune and Harmony. Transmutation is the ONLY way to acquire BIS jewelry for many builds.

#CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, by all means capitalize on yet another inconvenience you've created, in this case being the inability to save up transmute crystals for later use beyond the ridiculously low limits of ESO+ (200 crystals, or 4 transmutes) and non ESO+ (half that number).

Honestly, it's as if players WANT to be milked and inconvenienced and fed bad gameplay devices that serve the monetisation end goal.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the transmute system is clearly designed to encourage playing the game to get the geodes I doubt Zos will offer them via the crown store.

Eh I used to think that too, but then ZOS officially monetized player participation by selling event tickets. I’m against selling the geodes in a monetized way myself.

And you really said nothing that disputed my comment in any manner. Event tickets are pretty much irrelevant to the transmutation system and geodes.

I wasn't trying to dispute it? I was just saying if ZOS can put a price on player participation, that it isn't outside their purview to do something like sell them, since it requires player participation to get them. Why do you sound aggressive?
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No some things should still be earned ffs it’s already bad enough you can buy skill lines.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on December 4, 2019 8:26AM
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just make the tradable
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    But they are Pay to Win, some traits are better than others for pvp.

If you're that keen on PvP you specifically trait for it, you shoul already be swimming in them....

And I am swimming in them. I have transmuted weapons and jewelry on almost 13 characters now, just by pvp-ing on several of them.

Like a lot of us here, I can't open most geodes because I am almost always at cap of 200 stones.

Paying real money for them however, would still be pay to win. Trading in guild stores I would be fine with, or even letting us transmute gear for friends without making it bound on transmute.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just no.

I PvP and I have too many of the damn things - but here’s another thread from a player who doesn’t have enough.

Time to increase the drop rate elsewhere in the game, imo. Getting them from gameplay seems best to me.
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its not hard to get to tier 1 in pvp, stop being lazy and looking for easy mode. Its easy enough as it is.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that ZOS explicitly does not intend for Transmutation to be the main way that players obtain weapions and armor in the correct traits, this is very unlikely.

Also, Laatvulon is now a 30-day faction unlocked campaign, so go farm your 25k AP on all your toons there.

Transmutation is the de facto main way to obtain weapons and armor in the correct trait though.
    For anything not tradeable (dungeon, trial, arena gear).

Their stance is disconnected from the games reality because it´s faster to farm 50 stones in normal trial + dailies than to farm for weapons and armor in the correct trait.

In my opinion:
    They should either revisit geode trading or get rid of bop gear completely (except maybe for perfected trial gear).

This is coming from someone comfortably sitting on over 6000 transmutation stones - so no i don´t want it for personal gains. I think it would improve the game by making it more accessible in the right places.
    Edited by Derra on December 4, 2019 10:45AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    first of all:
    i dont mind getting 25k AP on my healers each month. i spam mutagen for 30 minutes and leave. no biggie.

however... i do believe that cyrodiil would be lots more stable if geodes were obtainable in the crown store because the cyrodiil population would be lots lots smaller and ZOS makes some side money to develop more content.

50 crystals for 2500 crowns? no problem. i would buy thousands of them over the lifespan of the game.

i am not opposed to this happening, but if it stays as it is i am totally cool with that as well.
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ayu_fever wrote: »

however... i do believe that cyrodiil would be lots more stable if geodes were obtainable in the crown store because the cyrodiil population would be lots lots smaller and ZOS makes some side money to develop more content.

We don't want a smaller pop in Cyrodiil....