The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Any way to stop Soul Tear (Dragon Attack) on a Nightblade?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
One of my alts is a Nightblade, but I can't find any good self heal to use against a dragon. Soul Tear regularly does me in there.

I didn't see any option in my skills, but I would appreciate knowing a good self heal that didn't rely on being regularly getting close to an enemy to tag them. I die enough to dragons as it is, especially to unannounced attacks.
PC
PS4/PS5
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't confirmed this but it seems to me that blocking reduces the tick of the dragon tear DoT.

In addition to self healing you can also use shields and/or purge abilities.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use efficient purge. It’s....uh....efficient?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Purge/cleanse from the pvp support skills.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigor, and hiding.

• nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloak and snipe?
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Nightblades don't have a soul?
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

I don't do PvP, so that must be why I didn't see that.

Thanks everyone, I will check these out!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shielding up stops it from eating any more of your health until the sheild wears off. Pop your shield, self heal, keep popping shield until soul tear wears off.

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siphoning Strikes or one of its morphs is probably a better alternative than Crushing Weapon, as you only need to cast Siphoning once every 20 seconds. Also works well for magicka or stamina ranged attacks.

The Siphoning tree also has Catalyst passive. So if you add potions to your rotation you can get a few extra Rapid Fire (or morph) bow attacks on a stamblade.
    signing off
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vigor or Dark Cloak
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Purge from the alliance skill tree works kinda you can pop it 2 or 3 times till you can make it to a healing circle if there is a healer at the dragon fight you just have to keep in mind that you need to stop fighting altogether and focus on getting rid of that darn attack or you die. NB I think one of the shadow cloak morphs used to purge up to 2 status effects but I think it got nerfed
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a nb i just slotted purge - only need to cast it once I find. And now I don’t die to that bit 🙂
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of my alts is a Nightblade, but I can't find any good self heal to use against a dragon. Soul Tear regularly does me in there.

I didn't see any option in my skills, but I would appreciate knowing a good self heal that didn't rely on being regularly getting close to an enemy to tag them. I die enough to dragons as it is, especially to unannounced attacks.

Dark Cloak helps a lot.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Last time my stamblade was hit by this I used Draining Shot and basically healed through.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on December 1, 2019 3:38AM
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

I don't do PvP, so that must be why I didn't see that.

Thanks everyone, I will check these out!

I slotted that skill after reading about it in this thread (I don't PvP, either), and it worked like a charm. I made it through multiple dragon fights without dying.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »
    I use efficient purge. It’s....uh....efficient?

No idea why i laughed so much to this.. but to OP, this is useful answer for you. No need to spam heals then and also might come handy later on some other things also in the game eventually. Not all the time, but there are some fights and places outside of pvp too where it can make life easier. :)