The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Elemental Succession Farming

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
So I have been trying to farm just the (Waist) piece of this set and literally it has NOT dropped at all. I have been at it for 2 months now.
Edited by regime211 on November 30, 2019 1:15AM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not much you can do about it, its just the RNG, small set pieces tend to drop in the first 3 or 4 stages of MA though, so you don't need to go through the whole thing each time.

Just do the first few stages, abandon quest exit the instance for 5 minutes, then re enter it should have reset by now, accept the quest do the first few stages and repeat till your luck changes or your patience runs out, which ever happens first.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    Not much you can do about it, its just the RNG, small set pieces tend to drop in the first 3 or 4 stages of MA though, so you don't need to go through the whole thing each time.

Just do the first few stages, abandon quest exit the instance for 5 minutes, then re enter it should have reset by now, accept the quest do the first few stages and repeat till your luck changes or your patience runs out, which ever happens first.

Thanks for the response man I'm getting tired of not getting this one set piece.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    So I have been trying to farm just the (Waist) piece of this set and literally it has NOT dropped at all. I have been at it for 2 months now.

Oddly enough, I get tons of Elemental Succession to drop. Winterborn, however, took forever to get the pieces to drop.

Just RNG doing it's thing unfortunately.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took me a long ass time to get the weps and jerlery for this set but when using it on my magdk it was underwhelming, I think straight up spell damage trumps elemental specific damage, must not have the same multipliers.

I hope you have more success.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm probably going to give up farming that set it's just a waste of time running maelstrom.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do You have a flame staff though ? :trollface:
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

Huh?
  • Frostystuff
    Frostystuff
    ✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »

Huh?

Is used as a front bar set.

I haven't passed with it against bsw (is on my sorc) but has similar uptime to bsw and my dk is almost all fire.
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got lucky during the wrothgar event (double drop) and got the jewels and inferno staff to drop pretty fast.

Pve wise it's.... good but not worth the work. Spell strategist performs effectively the same. I think it shines in pvp a bit more. If you compare it to BSW it doesn't boost your healing, nor does it proc burning innately. However, while dealing damage you can effectively rely on it to be up nearly 100% of the time you're dealing damage. I have found it to be rather nice in that regard.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has a 90-something percent uptime in testing, compared to BSW's max of 66% if you proc it perfectly on cooldown. But BSW also applies a strong instance of "burning" which buffs its damage, and buffs heals and magic damage

Getting a succession inferno staff is way harder than getting a maelstrom inferno due to the drop rate >_> maybe one day ....
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Think of the staves everyone destroyed before Succession was buffed.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »

Not all were destroyed it appears ... ;)

6m0FKmE.png
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »

Not all were destroyed it appears ... ;)

6m0FKmE.png

I was lucky enough to save an infused inferno as well. I enjoyed the set a lot while testing it and reccomended it to friends who are running Force Pulse a lot.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i also need 3 specific winterborn weapons as well as EU staves...but honestly, just gave up on it...its way too much work for the outcome... farming for months, potentially years for some fun niche builds is just not worth it....

The sets in MA are really not that great that warrants this..they should simply make these sets BOE
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got staff and and several body pieces in divines while farming during wrothgar event... but I don't have magDK. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    That's how RNG in ESO works, you never receive what you need and you receive rare pieces you don't need.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad I am using it as a body set on my magnecro while having False God as front bar set (it is slightly better to have it this way if you can sustain it). But unfortunately, I can't sustain on my magDK with False God only on front bar so succession inferno staff would come handy :smiley:

Elemental succession inferno staff is the worst grind in the game:
    - it drops only on the last stage, you can't get there sooner than 20 minutes even on normal
    - no chests like in dungeons and trials where you can obtain your weapon before killing last boss
    - you can't bring your friends to improve your chances of getting it
    - unlike dungeons and trials, you can't immediately reset the arena and must wait some time to enter again after completing it
  • MizoreReyes
    MizoreReyes
    ✭✭✭
    Its very much possible but RNG. I'm wearing the full set and also it only comes in light armour. The weapons come from the last stage. For weapons I recommend doing normal as it saves you time.
    JzxDxTV.png
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was after this set, ran maelstrom 30 times after I got every piece except the boots, I was sick of it and still without boots - I had two rings!
    I was completely fed up, used a low level alt to practice maelstrom...thought “maybe I’ll try vma after having all of this progress.”
    Level 10 alt.
    First level of maelstrom.
    I got the boots.
    >.>

Took 2 more runs on my main to finally get the boots at the right level.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got all body and jewelry in 2 days. And a bunch of mauls lol. I found that it dropped for me in threes.

But ask ANYBODY. I’ve got great RNG. Lol.